18 18
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
38 minutes ago, 812Shadow said:

Sheridan Peterson was a well known skydiver.  There is no way that an experienced skydiver would have done that jump in the manner he did.  An article said the investigator had been reportedly on this case for years.  How long has he been investigating?

The investigator is Eric Ulis. But like you, I also believe he is off base on Peterson. These are the seven reasons why. Ulis claims to have investigated Peterson for a number of years, but I don't know the exact number. 

From Shutter:

'where is the photo showing all involved. where are there tents and set up?...'

This was your first post when you dropped by for the first time in a while. When you told me to 'focus more on Cooper and less on other things,' you should practice what you preach. Why would you care about anything we do at Adventure Books of Seattle anyway?  We both know you haven't the slightest interest in hearing about ANYTHING we do. This is why I called you a phony. You then followed that with a number of nasty comments regarding our scheduled Cooper Campouts. Give it a break. You also jerked EVERYBODY on this site around regarding our proposed search of the Castle Rock area on the Weyerhauser property, and then laughed about it over at YOUR website. People saw that, you know...

I think you make decent contributions here, but the personal stuff is boring. No one is interested. I wasted a week listening to you here regarding that proposed search, only to discover it was a joke to you the whole time. By the way...I am fine with being banned from The DB Cooper Forum. To me, it's kind of like being banned from receiving any further bills from the cable company. You get used to it pretty quick, and you don't mind at all. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

The topic was from your post. a recent one. a legit question was asked. you always show empty camps but claim many are there. you decided to go off topic whining about other forums. 

I will be reporting the personal attack "that's why I called you a phony" 

Robert, if none of this bothers you we wouldn't constantly read about it. more than half the comments here from you are pot stirring. putting the thread right back to where it left off. 

(edited)
37 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

The topic was from your post. a recent one. a legit question was asked. you always show empty camps but claim many are there. you decided to go off topic whining about other forums. 

I will be reporting the personal attack "that's why I called you a phony" 

Robert, if none of this bothers you we wouldn't constantly read about it. more than half the comments here from you are pot stirring. putting the thread right back to where it left off. 

Report what you wish. Anyone researching your off and on appearances at Dropzone will soon notice that your first post often refers to me, or something AB of Seattle is doing...and mostly in a negative manner. I don't post pictures of empty campsites. I just don't post personal pictures on the internet of the people who attend the Cooper Campouts. I also explained WHY that policy exists, and after our LAST compout, was a wise choice. 

On the last campout, the one we did June 21-24 outside of Portland, I decided to make public (using maps) the location of the meetup point at the Get and Go mini mart in Estacada. People YOU have supported started making threats to show up there and cause trouble. Some mentions of violence were even done. I can quote them over for you if you wish. 

These things caused Tom E (one of the organizers from Infamous Nissan dot com) and I to change our plans and have attendees meet us instead at the Fish Creek Forest Service road access about ten miles east of Estacada. We did this successfully and no one got lost, although it was a big pain in the behind to do all that at 430 in the morning. 

Now you come to me demanding PICTURES of people who attend our events? Are you kidding me or what? Why? So your friends can harass them on Facebook, Twitter, Bruce Smith's Mountain News, even your own website perhaps? (Our name still comes up there a lot, mostly in a negative way.) You can't have it both ways, Dave. Either stand up for what's right, or don't bother asking for information on things you have no interest in anyway. Your basic motivation for even asking me for pictures wasn't because you are interested. It's because you wanted to cause trouble for us. Unless you want me to believe you like mountain pictures coming from yours truly, this is what I believe. 

Although you personally don't usually 'come after' us at AB, many of the people you associate with DO. Even some of your past and present forum members. Because of that, we have to restrict certain information to protect the people who come along on these campouts. In fact, although some of them say it's okay to post their pictures, others have told us, "No, please." So we decided to not publish anyone's pictures except from the Eclipse Campout. It's not a big deal, Dave. I figure if people want to see who attends, they can just come along with us. B|

However, the actions of some people in Cooperland forced us to go back to the old method of organizing the campouts. No longer will we post the meetup spots or the locations of the actual camp publicly. Mostly we don't meetup anyway. We only did that for the Oregon trip because some folks were coming from long distances. Usually, everyone just gets emailed a detailed map and a list of suggested gear and supplies, along with a few easy rules. People then are free to show up anytime they wish over the weekend. We usually set up on a Friday morning. We've had folks show up on Sunday and just stay one night. Others come before we are even completely set up. If anyone from Cooperland who isn't making threats or a troublemaker wants to see what these campouts are like, all they have to do is contact us and get on the list to go. If we reach 14 people, that's usually where we stop. The next one is (tentatively) scheduled for August 9-12 and will be held in the Olympic National Forest above the Skokomish River valley. That's twenty miles NW of Shelton, WA. 

shrugging.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Report what you wish. Anyone researching your off and on appearances at Dropzone will soon notice that your first post often refers to me, or something AB of Seattle is doing.

The post with the comment above has also been reported. it's another false allegation/ character assassination. you are far from the main topic on my forum. you haven't been discussed in a long time. you were mentioned yesterday due to accusing another member from here of being from Bruce's site. all he did was ask about the camping trip and got the third degree. you dredge up old comments and repeat them over and over. 

I suggest you either discuss Cooper or hangout with the truck boys at Nissan. if you don't want questions coming your way. I suggest you don't post anything you wouldn't want to be confronted about. this is a public forum. questions are asked, in case you didn't realize that. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Report what you wish. Anyone researching your off and on appearances at Dropzone will soon notice that your first post often refers to me, or something AB of Seattle is doing.

The post with the comment above has also been reported. it's another false allegation/ character assassination. you are far from the main topic on my forum. you haven't been discussed in a long time. you were mentioned yesterday due to accusing another member from here of being from Bruce's site. all he did was ask about the camping trip and got the third degree. you dredge up old comments and repeat them over and over. 

I suggest you either discuss Cooper or hangout with the truck boys at Nissan. if you don't want questions coming your way. I suggest you don't post anything you wouldn't want to be confronted about. this is a public forum. questions are asked, in case you didn't realize that. 

I don't recall naming anyone from here of hanging out at Bruce's site. I think you have me mixed up with someone else. However, someone (Haggerknew) asked about pictures and I may have gotten defensive due to the threats regarding the June campout. When he reminded me who he was, I posted up some pics for him.

I do recall saying that some of the people who post at Mountain News use phony identities to hide behind their nasty comments and threats. I will bet that if Eric Ulis started getting threats of violence regarding his public-invited boat trips, you would be at Bruce's site asking people to grow up. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. And it's bad for Cooperland to look like that in the eyes of the public. 

I did mention back there that I thought YOUR users at the Cooper Forum had lightened up a bit on the Blevins and AB of Seattle slurs...but I haven't looked at your site in about a month. I have no plans to return, either. Or to Bruce's site. After this fiasco with the June trip, I decided it was better to let folks rant and insult and not look at it. I have felt far better ever since. 

EDIT:  You are free to ask questions, yes. I am free not to answer them, especially if I think you have another agenda regarding that particular question. The answer on public pictures is NO. I have already explained why. As far as the 'truck boys at Nissan,' they are a great bunch. You like my truck below? 1997 D21 King Cab, 2WD, AC, PS, nice stereo,118,000 original miles and not a single issue. Gets the best of care, always reliable. :) The Nissan boys have helped me on that from time to time. 

NewNissan2.jpg

NewNissan3.jpg

underhoodNEW.jpg

coverpaint.jpg

Have to admit it's not bad for a 22-year old truck. It's the rig I use to haul the gear for the Cooper Campouts. Even the front seat and the king cab gets filled. Sometimes I think bringing the 32 inch TV is a bit much though...:)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, I'll make this clear as I can. I really don't care what you do in regards to my forum. it's of no concern of yours. what happens on The Mountain News is not NEWS here either unless it has something to do with Cooper. those comments made there are not funny. I have no control over it anymore than you do. suck it up. deal with it. you don't see me reporting Derek's comments all over the place. they were nasty comments but it is what it is. we move on. 

You have a short memory. nothing was mixed up in regards to accusing someone of being from Bruce's site. who else would make such a comment. me, fly, Eric? not many here. wonder why. possibly filling up with drama, again?

I don't have the luxury you have of staying up till the sun comes up. I have a business to run. I can't sleep the day away. this is not my life nor is it a job. it might be for you since it appears to be all you have. I don't have anymore time to deal with you. I guess I will see you in the morning. 

(edited)

'Accusing' someone of being a poster at Bruce's site is a bit much, Dave. Not EVERYONE who posts there is 'bad' or there to cause trouble. YOU post there. Eric puts his daily videos there. I get a little defensive when people I don't know start asking for info on something that was attacked in-depth at a certain website. I was trying to find out if Haggerknew was one of the people who was posting the threats and insults about our last campout at Bruce's place. You can imagine...if Eric had this same experience regarding his Cooper Boat Trips, he would probably be defensive as well. I actually recommend people do that trip. Forty-nine bucks is cheap to go on the Columbia to a historical location, and they even toss in free beverages. Marine fuel is expensive. 

And you are right...for the most part...regarding the activities at Bruce's place prior to the last campout. It has nothing to do with Dropzone. However, this is no longer an issue because I don't visit Mountain News anymore, EVER. 

I don't generally stay up till the sun comes up. It's currently 10:17 PM in Seattle. If I do, it's usually because I napped all evening and don't work the next day. I have a business to (help) run as well. Two of them, although AB of Seattle requires relatively little work, I'll admit. The other is a bit harder. I no longer work full time, though. Three or four days a week, and then the weekend work with the senior lady, doing Driving Miss Daisy for her. LOL we don't go around in my truck, though. We use her Honda Civic. It's got a passenger side airbag and rides better. :)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
5 minutes ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Why is that?

Asked about THIS:

There is no way that an experienced skydiver would have done that jump in the manner he did. 

What he means, and what I explained in my WordPress article, is that Sheridan Peterson was a well-prepared customer at his local dropzone, as well as the many other places he jumped. Hundreds, maybe thousands of jumps. The idea that he would travel 7,000 miles from Tibet to Portland, Oregon to hijack a plane for money dressed in loafers and a cheap suit...a night jump no less...well, you get the idea. 

sheridan-peterson-parachutist.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

3 hours ago, 812Shadow said:

There is no way that an experienced skydiver would have done that jump in the manner he did. 

I am in no way advocating for SP, but I too would like to know why you say that.

26 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

...dressed in loafers and a cheap suit...

I've said before that the suit would be no problem. The loafers, more so. You yourself said that Cooper had another bag with him that you speculated might contain better footwear. A pair of goggles would be helpful too. On the other hand, if he was hanging out in the terminal in that red and white jumpsuit, blue helmet, and a pair of French Paraboots, he would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

(edited)

Robert and Dave, would you two please stop bickering? And I'm not looking for an explanation of why you do, just stop. Please. You both seem like fine folks who have done great research into this case, and I enjoy reading those posts.

I threw this question out there once, and none of you bit - Have any of you ever made a jump? I wish I could get all you guys out to my drop zone, where my cohorts and I could take you all up on a load. There's something therapeutic about being at altitude, looking out over great distance, getting in the door, grabbing a faceful of wind and flicking out to fly - fly like a ROCK! You all might find yourselves laughing with each other. Heaven forbid...

Edited by dudeman17

(edited)
18 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Robert and Dave, would you two please stop bickering? And I'm not looking for an explanation of why you do, just stop. Please. You both seem like fine folks who have done great research into this case, and I enjoy reading those posts.

I threw this question out there once, and none of you bit - Have any of you ever made a jump? I wish I could get all you guys out to my drop zone, where my cohorts and I could take you all up on a load. There's something therapeutic about being at altitude, looking out over great distance, getting in the door, grabbing a fateful of wind and flicking out to fly - fly like a ROCK!. You all might find yourselves laughing with each other. Heaven forbid...

Well, I have thought about it occasionally. Jumping, I mean. I was on a TV show called Adrenaline Hunter and watched hostess Bethy Rossos take her first skydive carrying 22-pounds of extra weight on a Cooper-related episode. At the time, I thought...if she could do that, so could I probably. 

There's actually quite a few reasons that I don't believe Sheridan was Cooper. It wasn't just the attire. I laid it all out in the WordPress article. I really DO believe he wasn't the guy, and this has zip to do with whether Kenny Christiansen was the guy. I could put it in a nutshell by just saying it wasn't in his nature to threaten people for money. See his complete bio, the one he subbed when he ran for a school board position in Santa Rosa, California HERE. He wrote it himself. He didn't win the election, but he did get a couple of thousand votes anyway. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

33 minutes ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I discuss my impressions of the Columbia River and the plausibility of the money arriving on Tena Bar via water or dredge.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

I agree about the suction dredge, extremely unlikely for the money to end up as it did going through a suctions dredge. 

There was a massive clamshell dredge/barge operation right across on Sauvie Island in 76/77, that is a possibility.

I did research on river flow and shape.. TBAR was known as an area for junk to wash up.. The steep drop off close to shore actually creates a higher current and can throw stuff up from the bottom. During a high flow period the location of TBAR relative to the Columbia's right turn and steep drop would create a condition which would throw debris up from the bottom onto the shore.

Also, regarding human intervention, if it were why does that mean it was Cooper and he buried it??

Money buried dry, this isn't necessarily true..  the money's edges will fan out when thrown in the water but it will compress and stick together over time when fully saturated. The fanning effect is temporary.

Water damaged packets of money will eventually stick together in a brick..

moneywaterdamage.jpg.b0f1fa4e5140bd2beeb91b7afdd829b2.jpg

(edited)
17 hours ago, 812Shadow said:

Sheridan Peterson was a well known skydiver.  There is no way that an experienced skydiver would have done that jump in the manner he did.  An article said the investigator had been reportedly on this case for years.  How long has he been investigating?

I've been jumping for just over half a century, still active. Have jumped from a jet, DC 9-21 in 2006. Also made a wildly unstable high speed test jump from a firewalled C 130. Only in hindsight would I have any good ideas on how to make a successful night wilderness jump carrying a payload from a 727 flying well above stall speed. Cooper was innovative and gutsy as hell. Balls of steel, truly.

I wish 812 Shadow would post how he would have executed the skyjack jump. I assume from his comments that he too is a seasoned jumper. 

Peterson is superbly qualified to have successfully executed the skyjack: expert skydiver, USPA instructor, USFS smoke jumper, ex Boeing tech document editor, innovative jumper (early wing suiter with homemade gear), USMC WW2 veteran, etc. He has made night jumps, water jumps and wilderness jumps. 

Ability and guilt are not the same things however. In math terms they are nearly orthogonal. Ted Braden (deceased MAC SOG jumper) was also well-qualified, as were many others. 

There is no evidence that unequivocally puts Peterson on the skyjacked aircraft. ZERO. Sheridan Peterson is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. He has no obligation to respond to or refute anything.

FBI SA (rtd) MJ Fryar who took Peterson's DNA sample and still considers him a viable DBC candidate, recently opined that absent a confession, the case will never be solved. 

I volunteered to represent Sheridan Peterson pro bono in federal court if he is ever charged with the crime. I am very confident that given the current state of evidence, no conviction would result. 

Edited by 377

(edited)
15 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

What he means, and what I explained in my WordPress article, is that Sheridan Peterson was a well-prepared customer at his local dropzone, as well as the many other places he jumped. Hundreds, maybe thousands of jumps. The idea that he would travel 7,000 miles from Tibet to Portland, Oregon to hijack a plane for money dressed in loafers and a cheap suit...a night jump no less...well, you get the idea. 

It fits much better than Kenny, who worked for the very same airline did this over strikes? a guy who appears to have never made a threat to anyone in his life? a guy who doesn't match the description other than being male? bald, short, pale skin. Tina couldn't tell he was the same height? you go after Sheridan about the eye's. if you read the 302's you would notice she claims she wasn't sure.

If you read the 302's about the bomb and the statements made by the witnesses they don't match what the Sheriff wrote in his notes but match what your witness said. that sends a red flag IMO. you always go by the witness statements to the crime. the Sheriff obviously was mistaken or even the agent. his flight path notes are misleading as well. not intended but none the less.

Making a bomb out of rolls of quarters makes no sense. wood dowels would work much better. add up the amount. it's a lot of money for a person you claim was as poor as they come. even though it was well known that Kenny was good with money and purchasing property. this would cost Kenny $320 to make in quarters. a roll of quarters weight one half pound. that's 16 pounds of fake bomb. then the battery. this would be flimsy and very noticeable since he carried it around for an unknown period. probably end up in a "S" form/shape. $320 in 1971 to today is $2,023.44.

The $5,000 loan you say Kenny gave out would be like me loaning you $31,616.30 today.

His mortgage was $18 a month, if not mistaken. it sounds funny but was equivalent to $113.82 which again is a lot of money in 1971.

Flo stated the following " the bundle consisted of 6 or 8 reddish colored sticks...she believed they were taped together" (reference to all the sticks bundled. not pieces like rolls of quarters taped and bundled) no mention of color with the wire.

Tina's statement..."approx. 8 cylindrical objects about 6 to 8 inches long with 4 of the items being placed on top of the other banded with some sort of tape" (this again is in reference to the sticks being banded together.)

These statements were taken shortly after landing in Reno. fresh in there minds. 

Lots more to add, but you guys get the idea. lets not forget that Kenny remained at Northwest earning "low wages" for two more decades after the hijacking. I don't believe Peterson or Kenny was Cooper but I would bend more towards Peterson IMHO. 

Edited by mrshutter45

4 hours ago, 377 said:

I've been jumping for just over half a century, still active. Have jumped from a jet, DC 9-21 in 2006. Also made a wildly unstable high speed test jump from a firewalled C 130. Only in hindsight would I have any good ideas on how to make a successful night wilderness jump carrying a payload from a 727 flying well above stall speed. Cooper was innovative and gutsy as hell. Balls of steel, truly.

I wish 812 Shadow would post how he would have executed the skyjack jump. I assume from his comments that he too is a seasoned jumper. 

Peterson is superbly qualified to have successfully executed the skyjack: expert skydiver, USPA instructor, USFS smoke jumper, ex Boeing tech document editor, innovative jumper (early wing suiter with homemade gear), USMC WW2 veteran, etc. He has made night jumps, water jumps and wilderness jumps. 

Ability and guilt are not the same things however. In math terms they are nearly orthogonal. Ted Braden (deceased MAC SOG jumper) was also well-qualified, as were many others. 

There is no evidence that unequivocally puts Peterson on the skyjacked aircraft. ZERO. Sheridan Peterson is presumed innocent until proven otherwise. He has no obligation to respond to or refute anything.

FBI SA (rtd) MJ Fryar who took Peterson's DNA sample and still considers him a viable DBC candidate, recently opined that absent a confession, the case will never be solved. 

I volunteered to represent Sheridan Peterson pro bono in federal court if he is ever charged with the crime. I am very confident that given the current state of evidence, no conviction would result. 

How would you have executed the jump? Better yet: if someone came to you with the following conditions then how would you reccomend they execute a jump?

Night, freezing cold, rain, wind, drop zone is in mountainous and forested area, speed is over 200 miles per hour, plane is not a typical skydiving plane, you're carrying 200,000 dollars however much that weighs.  

Do you wear a helmet, gloves, goggles? Altimeter? Boots? Flashlight? Jumpsuit?

If DB Cooper was a skydiver then he did a great job of fooling everyone.  The FBI says he was not experienced.  I read that somewhere but can't remember where.

If we are to believe the memory Flo has some 17 years later. one could believe all the photo's in the past she looked at were not Cooper. she seems very convinced she knows what he looks like, even years later. 

I've always said if they ever really see a picture of him the hair will raise up on the neck and arms...looks similar won't work. 

46 minutes ago, 812Shadow said:

How would you have executed the jump? Better yet: if someone came to you with the following conditions then how would you reccomend they execute a jump?

Night, freezing cold, rain, wind, drop zone is in mountainous and forested area, speed is over 200 miles per hour, plane is not a typical skydiving plane, you're carrying 200,000 dollars however much that weighs.  

Do you wear a helmet, gloves, goggles? Altimeter? Boots? Flashlight? Jumpsuit?

If DB Cooper was a skydiver then he did a great job of fooling everyone.  The FBI says he was not experienced.  I read that somewhere but can't remember where.

Actually, I have never made a real wilderness jump so I'd be the wrong person to ask. My last "wilderness jump" (defined as way off DZ) was at the World Free Fall Convention about 15 years ago. A DC 3 pilot who didn't know how to use his new GPS put us out miles away from the DZ over a thick haze layer. I ended up landing in a K Mart parking lot. A nice looking woman whose car I landed next to invited me over for dinner. I had to decline as my GF was waiting back at the DZ. 

The only useful advice I could give to a jet skyjacker is pull right away to avoid going into a tumbling spin. A military C 9 canopy will easily survive a 200 mph opening that could shred a sport canopy. An immediate opening would make the altimeter and goggles unnecessary. Boots? Good idea but you might get lucky and land OK in street shoes. Same thing with gloves and a helmet. I question the utility of a 1971 vintage incandescent flashlight to illuminate your landing area. 

Cooper's methods didn't rule out a skydiver. In fact, the FBI started looking for Peterson days after the skyjack likely but not certainly based on a tip from DZO Linn Emrick. Next the FBI went to the USPA HQ then in Monterey CA and asked to inspect membership records. Many skydivers I knew reported being contacted by the FBI. They may have just been boasting. I haven't seen any of them referred to in FBI 302s. 

Your statements make it obvious that you are a jumper 812. Tell us who you think Cooper was or if you have no opinion, then tell us what you think his experience was. Jumper? Aircrew? Military? Civilian? 

One thing few dispute, Cooper was an innovative thinker who had extraordinary courage. You'd have to pay me a whole lot more than $200,000 to attempt to do what he did, but I am a wimp. My friend Snowmman offered to do it for a few thousand as I recall. He never makes BS offers. If anyone had put up the bucks and the plane and gear, he'd have done it. 

377 I have no opinion.  Most everyone thinks he was military, World War 2, Korea, or Vietnam.  I agree with that but I really don't know.

Could he have put his equipment on the plane before he boarded, like had someone do it for him or another passenger or flight attendant?  That way he could have been a skydiver and faked everyone out.

(edited)

One of the reasons I don't personally discuss Kenny much (anymore) as possibly being Cooper is because in order to obtain the option payments for the upcoming (hopefully) movie on Cooper....I also had to give exclusivity on certain information about him to the film companies involved. In other words, it isn't fair for me to promote Kenny as Cooper when I am unable to tell you everything we have 'on' him. 

However, I CAN assure you he wasn't 'pale'. Kenny was always well-tanned from doing the beaches in Japan during layovers. He even writes home about it, i.e. being 'brown as a potato chip' in his letters. There is also the matter of a senior FBI agent, John Jarvis, indicating to three people just a month after the closure of the case that Christiansen was Cooper...the hiding place discovered in Kenny's attic by the Decoded cast...the approximately $1,400 in twenty dollar bills found out back of Kenny's house after he died by Kyle DeDominces and his friends, Kenny's niece stating for cameras (she was paid nothing) that she saw Kenny creating a phony bomb in alleged accomplice Bernie Geestman's garage just a couple of weeks prior to the crime...the list goes on and on. After a while, you begin to wonder. And that's only a partial list of the things I can actually tell you. Long before we discovered other things regarding Kenny's guilt or innocence, I am reminded of what Decoded cast member Buddy Levy said about Christiansen:

"Either Christiansen was Cooper, or it's the biggest set of coincidences in recent history...'

None of this proves Kenny was the hijacker, of course. But it is no surprise that his story was picked up for a possible first dramatic film on the hijacking ever done. It is a waste of everyone's time to discuss Christiansen, since I am unable to reveal everything about him which is covered in the confidentiality agreement I signed with those film companies. At some point they will either make the movie or they will drop the option. If they drop the option, then I am free of the confidentiality agreement. If they make the movie, it will speak for itself. Meanwhile, I continue to cash the checks they send each January, and try to be patient. One encouraging thing is that a major Hollywood actor signed on this year as a producer on the film, and I have met this person and spoken to him extensively. I can tell you he is fairly young, a real nice guy, and was in several successful films and a TV series. None of his films have lost money and he WANTS to do the Cooper story. I asked if he was planning on playing a part, and he said no. He wants to move more into production and seems focused on the Cooper case to do that. 

The latest news I have on production is that the producers have looked at several treatments for the story but haven't decided on one for sure yet. I get the feeling they might be timing the filming and release of such a movie for the 50th anniversary of the crime. They seem to think the key to the whole thing is the quality of the script and the presentation of the story. As I pointed out to them, no one has actually DONE a dramatic feature film on the hijacking yet. So they are wanting a top-notch screenwriter, a guy (or gal) with a successful track record and those folks aren't cheap, or easy to come by. Last I heard they had narrowed it down to two or three writers and are accepting treatments and script outlines from them and looking carefully at each one. 

Their checks don't bounce, that's all I know. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins
*Corrected 'garage' reference. It was done in Geestman's garage, according to the niece. Kenny lived in an apartment down the hill, in Sumner, WA.*