18 18
quade

DB Cooper

On 7/15/2019 at 11:34 AM, The Cooper Vortex said:

My latest episode is up now. I discuss Ed Edwards with John Cameron. Enjoy!
https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-was-a-serial-killer-john-cameron/

I gave this one a listen while driving home from Virginia yesterday. There is definitely a story to be told about Edwards, but there is simply no way that he was involved in all of these crimes. No way. Enjoyed the podcast though. I've listened to all of them except the Blevins one...for obvious reasons.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I gave this one a listen while driving home from Virginia yesterday. There is definitely a story to be told about Edwards, but there is simply no way that he was involved in all of these crimes. No way. Enjoyed the podcast though. I've listened to all of them except the Blevins one...for obvious reasons.

No worries, Parrot. I didn't listen to it either. So that makes two of us. :)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

28 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Because it is above your head? Yeah...that must be it. No cracker for you. B|

I didn't listen to it either. So that makes two of us. 

No. It's because I don't buy into lies and confirmation bias. Plus, I have at least half of a brain which is far more than enough for anyone to see that Kenny Christiansen isn't DB Cooper. 

Other studio came on board according to you in January of 2018. this is close to what you stated on TMN. 

March 2018, you said the deal was finalized on the second company and were actively seeking a screenwriter. actually, you state this in April, 2018.

September 2018, you made the comment that a screenwriter was chosen (solid track record) and confirmed further through Skype. 

Over a year later you now claim they have two in mind ( not chosen) and stating it's hard finding one with a solid track record. you go further claiming the chosen screenwriter was prior to the merger.

I do realize things take time. it appears to have questionable facts surrounding the timeline though.

This is no different than disputing a suspect or someone stating something about the case. you post these things and feel you are immune from a challenge? if you found discrepancies like this on anyone else wouldn't you question them? this is why I keep saying things don't make sense. also, for the authority you claim to have with these companies tells me it's possibly an independent film? Large Hollywood ticket production companies wouldn't do this. they call it "the slamming of the door" you get demanding and they drop you in a New York minute. it just sounds like a stall and a questionable timeline. I don't think the world would be on the edge of there seats when the Cooper anniversary comes around. nothing wrong at all with a independent film, by the way...

Bruce, he's dealing with a death at the moment. 

9 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

I gave this one a listen while driving home from Virginia yesterday. There is definitely a story to be told about Edwards, but there is simply no way that he was involved in all of these crimes. No way. Enjoyed the podcast though. I've listened to all of them...

Thank you. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

(edited)
8 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

No. It's because I don't buy into lies and confirmation bias. Plus, I have at least half of a brain which is far more than enough for anyone to see that Kenny Christiansen isn't DB Cooper. 

There are no lies in the report we sent to the Seattle FBI on Kenny...we named names and gave addresses and contact information on witnesses. You can get charged by the Feds for lying to them in a certified report, you know. There are no lies in the additional evidentiary package we sent to the movie studios, either. The actual report is a free download in PDF at the main AB of Seattle site. It's been downloaded tens of thousands of times to date. If it were actually a big lie...someone would have figured it out by now, don't you think? You guys are funny, if nothing else. B|

Whether Kenny is actually Cooper is certainly open for debate. But you can keep your false allegations of lying to yourself...unless you already checked out the report and discovered something we missed, or lied about. 

From Shutter: 

'Other studio came on board according to you in January of 2018. this is close to what you stated on TMN. 

March 2018, you said the deal was finalized on the second company and were actively seeking a screenwriter. actually, you state this in April, 2018.

September 2018, you made the comment that a screenwriter was chosen (solid track record) and confirmed further through Skype. 

Over a year later you now claim they have two in mind ( not chosen) and stating it's hard finding one with a solid track record. you go further claiming the chosen screenwriter was prior to the merger.

I do realize things take time. it appears to have questionable facts surrounding the timeline though...'

That's right. Things take time. Things changed here and there throughout this process. What are you asking here? Are they working on producing a movie on Cooper? Yes. Have there been many changes here and there along the way? Also yes. Are they going to name Kenny as the hijacker in this picture? DEFINITELY yes. You are so full of jealousy about all this...mainly because you and your friends spent YEARS and hundreds of nasty posts attempting to discredit...and you all got burned. Just what you deserve, too. In my humble opinion. Do I even care if they take some literary license in the movie? Hell, no. It's Hollywood, baby. 

When I have any further details, you will be the first to know. Otherwise, I already answered all your questions. My sympathies to Bruce Smith on whatever he is dealing with right now...but I would feel a little more sorry for him had he not lied about me threatening him physically at the last Ariel Cooper Party. I never even saw him there, although I heard he WAS there...sitting on a guardrail down the road because he also lied to Meyer Louie to get a ride. I have no sympathy for that sort of thing. If he's willing to lie about others in order to make himself appear better to his friends, maybe you shouldn't believe everything he says. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

No worries. the post says it all...

We will pickup the Bruce saga once he returns and feels like getting back in the track. I don't believe everything he says. you forget, a lot, of what you say in the past. it's the totality that counts. I don't think it belongs here just as the other comments. a proper channel will be provided in the future. not where you think either..

(edited)
4 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

We will pickup the Bruce saga once he returns and feels like getting back in the track. I don't believe everything he says. you forget, a lot, of what you say in the past. it's the totality that counts. I don't think it belongs here just as the other comments. a proper channel will be provided in the future. not where you think either..

That sounds like another empty threat to me. Face facts. You and (some) of your compatriots at the Cooper Forum pulled out all the stops against me personally and Adventure Books...sometimes even my friends and family. 

None of it worked. None of it WILL work. Do your worst. What pisses you all off the most was instead of running away from your almost-constant junk...I addressed it publicly. 

You pretend to come onto this site and want to 'discuss the Cooper case'. The reality is you show up here to come after ME. And then your cronies pitch in their bit as well. But the reality is that you head a relatively small group, and your efforts have had no absolutely no effect on anything we do regarding the Cooper case. (The one exception is we had to revert back to application-only on the Cooper Campouts, due to threats that appeared at your friend Bruce Smith's website in June.)

In fact, 2018 was a very good year for us, as I said in This Review. 2019 will be even better, I'm sure. Take your best shot. We've seen it all before. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, simple questions are asked of you or a correction is given and you reply with long comments diverting from the subject and bring more drama into the thread. 

None of this would occur if you stayed on topic with the case. getting to the bottom of an accusation is hardly a threat. I'm not taking shots at anything. I'm showing problems in the things you claim. no different than someone bringing up a suspect and you showing all the negative. I'm attacking the data while you attack the person. this is a public thread. whether you like it or not you are open to discussion or challenge in regards to anything said. 

Robert, you have attacked me publicly on my political beliefs, said nasty things about a friend that died shortly before your comment. you posted his mugshot from years ago. lots of things that make you far from "the victim" I don't think we should discuss mugshots or felony convictions, do YOU, Robert? none of this belongs here. 

Again, try sticking to the case. 

2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, simple questions are asked of you or a correction is given and you reply with long comments diverting from the subject and bring more drama into the thread. 

None of this would occur if you stayed on topic with the case. getting to the bottom of an accusation is hardly a threat. I'm not taking shots at anything. I'm showing problems in the things you claim. no different than someone bringing up a suspect and you showing all the negative. I'm attacking the data while you attack the person. this is a public thread. whether you like it or not you are open to discussion or challenge in regards to anything said. 

Robert, you have attacked me publicly on my political beliefs, said nasty things about a friend that died shortly before your comment. you posted his mugshot from years ago. lots of things that make you far from "the victim" I don't think we should discuss mugshots or felony convictions, do YOU, Robert? none of this belongs here. 

Again, try sticking to the case. 

You don't try to 'attack the data,' you come to Dropzone making threats. I answered them. Believe it or not, your history is well-known. I think I laid it out pretty well. Now you threaten to tell people I've been in trouble with the law a time or two in my life? Sure I have. It's in my autobiography. 

You'll have to do better than that. 

Anyone who has followed either you or your website knows for certain that the things I mentioned in my last post are true, and are still going on to the present day. 

You'll be sure to let everyone know where your 'new channel' is located when you decide to continue the same baloney you've allowed (or supported) for years. Another online venue dedicated to me, like your baloney Suspects page at the Cooper Forum with the dancing icons? That was a good one. Do your worst. You've already blown off all the fireworks you had and it came to nothing. A bit more couldn't hurt. B| 

18 minutes ago, EJU said:

DB Cooper Bite - Special Edition. I discuss some interesting observations regarding a real Cooper twenty dollar bill.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

Ok, complete garbage.. grasshoppers? seriously. You are using an exaggeration and fabrication to dismiss evidence you don't like...  A LIE. This is an example of why you have zero cred in the Cooper case, IMO.

The bill you have is very uniform, not all bills are as uniform. Other bills have very different characteristics.

First, you can't really compare 1980 bills to the earlier series. Try it with the same series to be accurate. 

You claim the outside 75% was eaten by organisms. Nonsense. The outside deteriorated due to the wet dry cycling and abrasives.

Some bills have matching bore holes going through the packet, not from the edges. Those holes are consistent with termites, your mockery and red herring BS is ignorant or intellectually corrupt.

What it does point out is that the notion that the rubber bands were "intact" is ridiculous. It is more likely there were brittle rubber band frags stuck to the top/bottom bills, Tosaw claimed only the two full packets had rubber bands the one missing some bills didn't. ??

The evidence suggests there were several factors causing deterioration.. wet/dry cycles, abrasion,   bacteria and possibly insects..

The real problem with your naive "educated analysis" is that you conclude the money had to be buried by human intervention. There is no evidence from that bill or any bill that supports this.

(edited)

Robert, before accusing someone of threats. could you please direct me to where I threatened you? you don't have the ability to follow things, do you? the reason I said the proof would not be in the usual place was because you would simply state that you can't reply on those sites. as usual you fill in anything you wish to make it appear bad. channel doesn't always mean channel on the internet. can also mean a different avenue. I guess you will accuse me next about streets and avenues...

You are referring to threats in this comment.

Edited by mrshutter45

29323 posts and 25 topics. are you seriously implying about 20,000 are about you, lol. or even 10,000. not even close. even Bruce's site don't have that many. perhaps a thousand involving you. most of the time you were there on his site. you are not a hot topic by any means. sure some trash talk has taken place. same happens here. I only have 7189 posts to my name. 90% are about you, i think not. try 2% if that. this is similar to the claim of your name being mentioned on my forum 5,000 times with less than 20,000 comments. impossible to narrow down other than counting. good luck with that. even your stunt with the country club received about a page of comments. that's about 14-18. 

Anyone can look for themselves. NOTHING has been removed..

http://www.thedbcooperforum.com/index.php

(edited)

Flyjack says in part:

'The evidence suggests there were several factors causing deterioration.. wet/dry cycles, abrasion,   bacteria and possibly insects..'

Here is what I would like to know. Not so much WHAT caused the deterioration of the bills...but HOW LONG they were buried at Tina Bar. In other words, do you believe that whether the bills arrived by water and ended up at Tina Bar either by dredge, buried on purpose, or just washed up there somehow...were they exposed to the elements one way or another for almost nine years? 

My own opinion is not a chance. However, I would like to hear other opinions. Here is an experience I have had regarding buried items in the Northwest:  Anything organic breaks down pretty quick in the wet of the PNW when it is buried. Let me give a non-scientific example - 

I used to have these 'regular' campsites, pretty remote spots in the woods, usually where a Forest Service road spur (smaller, rougher roads off the main Forest Service road, not used much) will end. In most of these cases you will find a fire ring there, and unfortunately...trash in the woods outside the camp area where people just tossed their stuff into the brush, right?

Okay...I would go there one year and then maybe return the next season. Jeans someone tossed into the brush from last year would be in tatters. Heavy cardboard would be mush. Sometimes people poured water on their campfire pits, tossed in trash, and then buried the pit. You dig out the old pit to start a new fire. Clothing would be completely rotted, large pieces of cardboard would be total mushy oatmeal. Everything mush except for steel or aluminum cans. Eight or nine years doesn't seen possible. Stuff buried here isn't like burying stuff down in some Arizona desert. Doesn't last long generally, due to the heavy rains all winter, etc. 

Seems like it would be the same for packets of paper money. Not saying it would. Maybe money is tougher than a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, a cardboard box, whatever. But I have noticed this biodegration quite a bit in the NW with buried items. It's just hard for me to believe that anything paper would last as well as the Tina Bar bills did, if they were really exposed to the elements for eight or nine seasons. Tough sell. And the shards that were still in good enough condition to gather in a plastic baggie? Even TOUGHER sell. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Good Morning Vietnaaaa....uh, I mean Cooper Fans. 

An early morning reminder that our next Cooper Campout happens on August 16-19 and the focus will be on doing videos. This one is fairly short notice, so will be lightly attended I think. Doesn't matter. I got pretty beat up hauling all that gear two hundred and some miles to Oregon for the June campout. If no one showed except me for the August event, I would be fine with that. I have a remote for the video camera and sound gear. :)

After that Oregon trip, wading through threats at Bruce Smith's website saying they were confronting people at our publicly-announced meetup spot...I could use a solo vacation. (*smiles*) Nice folks Bruce hangs with. 

A couple of people have asked to come along, after they saw the invite at WordPress. We may get a couple of additional folks from Infamous Nissan. (the best support group for Nissan owners on the internet) 

Truth is, I just do not care. After the last trip, a solo vacation would be fine with me. 

Should you stay or should you go? Stay home. I got enough friends, as Bruce Willis said in the famous film. B|

Of course the minute I said I didn't care if people came on the August trip...and they could stay home and I would be fine with that...

Some requests to attend came to my email box. Figures. 

Not too many more. Just a couple. One of them from Infamous Nissan, a guy from Puyallup who skipped the June trip because Oregon was too far away. He says the Olympics is more reasonable. Puyallup is just ten miles from where I live, and actually CLOSER to the area we're going. 

I have done more analysis on the tie.

Based on several variables I've identified it was manufactured early 1964 to very late 1964..

It was likely sold early/mid 1964 - early 1965. It was NOT 1963.

Oddly, the FBI docs had claimed the tie was only 1-2 years old based on talking to a Pennys manager. The FBI docs aren't facts, they are investigative "notes".

But, the tie had 6-7 years to collect those particles and there may have been several environments that contributed..

(edited)
9 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

I have done more analysis on the tie.

Based on several variables I've identified it was manufactured early 1964 to very late 1964..

It was likely sold early/mid 1964 - early 1965. It was NOT 1963.

Oddly, the FBI docs had claimed the tie was only 1-2 years old based on talking to a Pennys manager. The FBI docs aren't facts, they are investigative "notes".

But, the tie had 6-7 years to collect those particles and there may have been several environments that contributed..

I always wondered why Cooper just tossed the tie over the seat and left it there. He was reasonably cautious about retrieving other potential evidence. I'm not sure whether that laissez faire attitude regarding the tie means anything or not. I just wondered about it. 

As far as tie styles go through the years, Vintage Dancer probably could help you narrow down the tie question further. She has a very good research page on vintage ties HERE. Her opinion might be valuable. She and her husband seem to know everything there IS to know about ties in general. 

EDIT: I have a very high-def picture of the tie that I created a long time ago. It is on file if you need it. 

EDIT: I have sent an inquiry to Vintage Dancer regarding the tie, asking if she has any opinions about it. Provided her a large, hi-def picture with some brief notes on it. 

News:  Was asked at Quora dot com WHY the FBI decided to close the Cooper case. THIS WAS my answer. 

Picture sent to Vintage Dancer is shown below. Believe it or not, her website says she and her husband live in Reno, NV. Funny coincidence. B|

TieFromFBIFiles.jpg

UPDATE: Vintage Dancer is familiar with the Cooper tie, she says, although she had not seen a large picture of it before. She classifies it as a 'narrow' tie. This is what she said in an email reply today:

'I would agree with the other researchers. Narrow ties were in style in the early to mid 60s. That is not a tie from 1971. I don't have any JC Penny catalogs from the 60s so I can't locate the exact tie. If i run across any more useful information I will pass it on..'

Note: There ARE JC Penney catalogs available at eBay for 64/68/69/70, but they are expensive. Most are around 75 bucks each. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
'She' not 'he'. Vintage Dancer is a woman.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

That looks like it. it has a alligator clip. the older one's have a flat clip.

By older ones...you mean Cooper probably had the flat clip? Oh, well..crash and burn for me. I had to have it though, just for laughs I guess. 

EDIT: I forgot the Sleuths posted up a picture of the BACK of the clip. Yes, Cooper's was flat. Glad I only paid nine bucks anyway...:|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

look at the side and back. it looks like an alligator. the flat one's do not. Coopers has an alligator clip. 

Okay. Now I don't feel so bad about blowing the nine bucks. 

EDIT: Webs dot com has put up another header message at the main AB of Seattle site saying we are expired. This happens with them about every three years. I had to send them another email to Support. Same as the other times...reminding them we are fully paid up...they always collect their bit automatically through PayPal each month...and they've been collecting that same way each month since about 2006.

I always get an apology and then they take down the notice. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins