47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Pictures of the Tina Bar area here.....includes a historical one of folks digging. I think Sluggo posted or referenced these in the past...Anyway..not gonna copy just sharing the link if anyone's interested....
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM52N0_Legend_of_D_B_Cooper_Vancouver_Washington

http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx?f=1&guid=470e386e-d07f-4922-92b7-ac230b74a820

The picture of people digging, with the camera pointed to the west side of the Columbia, contains enough geographical and other information so that the location of the digging can be determined quite accurately.

Robert99

Robert99 found a 200 foot DME ambiguity, where Farflung (Monkey Menace) found one that was 1.7 miles and relevant to a present conversation.

But how would that relate to real life? I’m glad you asked Tommy; let’s go to the chalk board.

You see 1.7 nautical miles is 10,329 feet. Dividing 10,329 feet by the competing “less than 200 feet”, is 51.65 times more efficient at eliminating errors and waste.

Can you put that into terms I can understand?

Sure Tommy, I’m an arrogant prick and adjust my responses to your background. Let’s say you went to Home Depot and made a purchase of $30.98. If you were going to make a similar purchase which was 51.65 times less efficient, then you would have paid $1600 for that toilet seat. I hope that helps Tommy!

after the sand was deposited onto the bar, does anyone know how much and how far they leveled off the sand?

I remember seeing the video Tom made with Brian Ingrams showing the money "fanning out" once wet, does the
process stay in this condition, or does the money flatten back out after long periods under water? or did it remain flat
because it was with the rest of the money inside the bag keeping it bundled up until it was broken apart by the dredge?

If the above questions are not correct then I believe a good search of the bar and surrounding Island's need to be searched.
there must be more clues in those areas, what could it hurt.

Robert99 asked if anyone would help search these area's, I would love to but just don't have the time or funds to travel
across the Country, but would help out in any way I could to start the project.

NO dreging materials were dumped upon that shore line - there was a house and a shed there and trees. The find was back toward the trees and cattle were put out there according to the owner - face to face and I asked the question...this took place infront of Mr. H as the man, and I and Mr. H were walking together.

There had been some HIGH water between 1971 and 1979 (I do not know the specifics). Since Bruce spent some time with the owner he might have some more information, but I simply do NOT remember much of the conversations since the crew UPSET me wanting me to get down and pretend to be pushing sand away. Something upset me about the location - remember - I had been there and I had not been there (I sat in the car). The front looked the same and the shed was gone and trees there, but it was all of the work going on to my left looking at the river that made me feel something was wrong.

They also took me to the location in an indirect way - and this was not what I remembered, but NOW I know there was another route to that location.

I described things further down that road - I could NOT have known if I had not been there before. It was NOT a good time and I was fed up with the Documentary Crew, because they took me every which way but right and ALL at the direction of JT ...something he denies to this day. He did everything he could to discredit me in respect to that doucumentary and it worked.

I wonder how they would FEEL if they knew I did go back in 2010 and I found the places - places JT knew about, but deliberately misdirected the crew. I never understood why he did this unless he was part of a cover-up or perhaps he was just plain ignorant. He will say he didn't, but the crew told me differently. He will deny this till the day he dies as he has done repeatedly in the thread.

I found the body of water before I left in 2000 - a location any idiot would have known from the description I gave - WHY and HOW could Jerry have NOT known this? A female truck driver asked me to describe to her what I was looking for - and she told me to have my driver take me down the Evergreen Highway and if I had ever been there I would know it - not much had changed from 1979 to 2000. When I went back in 2010 the changes were overwhelming, but I was on MY OWN in a rented vehicle and not having to DEAL with anyone or a camera - just my memories.

She told me when I got to the bridge in Washougal - I was on my own - and I told my driver every turn to make - places the documentary did not take me to because of JT's misdirections! The driver was an undercover narco whose life depended on his knowing a liar or a set-up when came across. The driver from what he had read in the local papers was going to take me on a completely different route (all because of JT's involvement).

Lake LaCames and the fishing cabins that were no longer there was evident at that time, but now that area is underwater and even the building that was there in 2000 is no longer there.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

This is probably old news but looks like Galen Cook has been busy with some investigatin so I guess we can still look forward to his book....

http://voices.yahoo.com/db-cooper-suspect-named-william-pratt-gossett-1518669.html

See update under "Tina Bar Investigation"

Basically PER THE SITE, the money arrived in 1979 and not by river current, he knows how it decomposed, and why the person got rid of the money. Course he's under a non-disclosure until his scientist does his paper.... :)
He also addresses Gossett's whereabouts Thanksgiving, 1971. Not sure, but that part might be old news. :)

but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

This is probably old news but looks like Galen Cook has been busy with some investigatin so I guess we can still look forward to his book....

http://voices.yahoo.com/db-cooper-suspect-named-william-pratt-gossett-1518669.html

Basically PER THE SITE, the money arrived in 1979 and not by river current, he knows how it decomposed, and why the person got rid of the money. Course he's under a non-disclosure until his scientist does his paper.... :)
He also addresses Gossett's whereabouts Thanksgiving, 1971. Not sure, but that part might be old news. :)

Yes, that is OLD NEWS:

What I have copied below is the only important thing he has to say - or a newpaper had to say.

Letter 1

On November 29, five days after the hijacking, a letter arrived at the Reno Evening Gazette signed D.B. Cooper. The letter was postmarked November 27 from Oakdale, California, a small town 10 miles north of Modesto, California. It was simply addressed "Reno News, Reno, Nevada." The author of the letter cut words from the November 26th edition of the Modesto Bee newspaper. The letter read:

Attention!

Thanks for the hospitality.

Was in a rut.

D.B. Cooper

The above is from the article quoted in the site:

Please NOTE that Oakdale was only 13 miles from Duane's Sister and where Duane had lived briefly with the woman he was married to at that time.

Remember how relieved the sister was that I was not "that woman" ? ALL of those yrs she thought I was the woman with him in 1971. I always said that letter and the one with the CODE in it to the Reno newpaper could have been the REAL Cooper..... The code is dead on and all I could find on the Reno one was that it did appear in the newpaper and the date. No one knew what happened to the original or the envelope....but it was 35 yrs later that I asked about it....but, they verified the letter did exist.

I also know that Cook has been to the river - but, no one knows why other than greed. I won't explain that one. All the communications I made with Galen and then he just duplicated the stories but with a different subject. WHAT he doesn't know is that I have copies of almost every email I sent him - HARD COPIES and on disc. How will he make those go away? All Cook has done for yrs was plagurize everything I said and used my research and hard work to show up in Tina's office pretending to be someone who needed some help - but, tells a different story elsewhere. So what is the true story - did he tell Tina who he was or did he feed her a lie.

Deception will catch you everytime! AND I hope it HANGS him.

So looking at the Citizen Sleuth site created more questions than anything. Here it goes:

1. How did they determine the discovery site if they used trees in a photo which were gone save one that had been felled?

2. The 50 yards of bull dozing sounds more like a conditional limit to keep from pushing too much material back into the river than the certified smoothing zone. Is this mis-read legaleze?

3. There was no more dredging after 1974, or no more dredging from the Corps of Engineers?

4. What is the undulating mass in the photo from 1979 which was not present in 1974?

5. Are materials typically “bulldozed” in aggregate operations or loaded into dump trucks and transported to storage yards?

Now get to work smokin99, or anyone else who digs pain.

I'm not into feeling pain, Farf; however I did have something from one of your earlier posts that i forgot to post in regards to this post of yours:

Second variable is the former Tomahawk Island, which is directly under V-23 and had 40% of the landmass removed, for the construction of four marinas, between 1970 and 1985. This excavation had nothing to do with the Corps of Engineers since it wasn’t about maintaining navigability and the schedule of material transport is an unknown (to me). I checked with the historical society but had little luck regarding the rabid construction projects.

Multnomah County Planning Commission

Columbia River Yacht Club http://www.cryc.com/history.php

McCuddy's Marina - I believe they did some development, moorage, etc 1979.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Robert99 found a 200 foot DME ambiguity, where Farflung (Monkey Menace) found one that was 1.7 miles and relevant to a present conversation.

But how would that relate to real life? I’m glad you asked Tommy; let’s go to the chalk board.

You see 1.7 nautical miles is 10,329 feet. Dividing 10,329 feet by the competing “less than 200 feet”, is 51.65 times more efficient at eliminating errors and waste.

Can you put that into terms I can understand?

Sure Tommy, I’m an arrogant prick and adjust my responses to your background. Let’s say you went to Home Depot and made a purchase of $30.98. If you were going to make a similar purchase which was 51.65 times less efficient, then you would have paid $1600 for that toilet seat. I hope that helps Tommy!

Neither you or I found an "ambiguity". I just pointed out a bad assumption in your statement.

Did you complain about that $1600 toilet seat when flying 24 hour missions?

Robert99

ok, I made a quick video that shows some of the features on the sim, keep in mind I didn't have the settings right on the camera nor did I cut anything
out so Hollywood will not be banging on my door wanting to pay big bucks for the next blockbuster by mrshutter45 B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2CLettqPwU

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Way to go smokin99.

How could this be possible? I asked if there was any clamshell dredg…. NO! Heretic!! NO, NEVER, THERE isn’t any dredging on the Columbia! Anyone who grew up on a farm would know that. Gawd, how stewpid can one person be? I live on that river and keep a constant, round the clock vigil and there has never been any DREDGING! …… So I dropped that subject.

What a difference a year makes. Now within a few minutes there are pictures of the Hayden Island Marina getting dredged in 1976! I could not find this information, and I thought my search criteria was perfect for a yacht club:

“Troglodytes who live on the water”

“Jerk-offs of the sea”

“Asshole mating grounds”

“People who dress so gay, that gay people call them gay”

“People that are such giant cooties, that giant cooties kill themselves”

“Holes in the water, which pricks throw money into”

“Water Peacocks”

“People who make you thank Meth-addicts for moving in next door”

It appears to be a conspiracy where the subject of dredging and marinas is difficult to come by because one makes waterways navigable, and the other makes people puke. But enough about my failure, what sort of dredge is in that fourth photo, with a chain of barges (?) trailing? I know, it’s a faked photo just like the one of the Apollo moon landings. Please can we get back to something about Cooper?

Second variable is the former Tomahawk Island, which is directly under V-23 and had 40% of the landmass removed, for the construction of four marinas, between 1970 and 1985. This excavation had nothing to do with the Corps of Engineers since it wasn’t about maintaining navigability and the schedule of material transport is an unknown (to me). I checked with the historical society but had little luck regarding the rabid construction projects.

Multnomah County Planning Commission

Columbia River Yacht Club http://www.cryc.com/history.php

McCuddy's Marina - I believe they did some development, moorage, etc 1979.

Another potential avenue for info: Articles I'm seeing about yacht and marina developments make reference that the developments are contingent on gaining permits from Corp of Engineers in addition to those from planning commission.

Holy Cow! Mrshutt….. Captain Mrshutter45, that is magnificently spooky.

What a great set-up and superb attention to detail where every expectation is exceeded. Was there some trim wheel clatter in there as well (sound effects)? Could it be that detailed?

I’m just floored at what you and the crew have managed to cobble together without government mandate or profit motive. The overhead ‘console’ is a nice touch too. What a huge effort, or at least I’m assuming that judging the output.

Sierra Hotel Shutter.

What a great set-up and superb attention to detail where every expectation is exceeded. Was there some trim wheel clatter in there as well (sound effects)? Could it be that detailed?

I’m just floored at what you and the crew have managed to cobble together without government mandate or profit motive. The overhead ‘console’ is a nice touch too. What a huge effort, or at least I’m assuming that judging the output.

Sierra Hotel Shutter.

Thanks, yes while I was over the Lake Merwin area the auto pilot was on and it will adjust the trim as needed. the plane is
fully functional with all the bells and whistles attached. alarms will sound if the proper procedure is not taken place
at the point of hitting the throttle. it has been a wild ride learning how to turn over the engines and hit the sky B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Maybe, if he was heading north?

But, if he was heading south things to his right, would be west of the flight path.

Of course to my right could be any where from the 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock position, bur more than likely in the 2 to 3 o'clock positions. Once the location is a beam, it is pretty much behind you.

Matt

I think she was implying the path was further west like Knoss claims, if they are flying south and looked out the right side of the plane and see Vancouver and Portland, they are way east,way east. Rataczak could have been talking about being at Battleground and saying he see's Portland out the right side if he was referring to PDX, that would be correct.

I just looked, flying on V23 to Battleground would put PDX just to the right B|

:PI have SAID the plane was EAST of PORTLAND but West of Cames!

I have AWAYS said EAST of Portland and this comes from the witness reports (I have personally spoke to some of those who were still living in the last few yrs).

Sure the plane could have made a turn which it did. The witness reports put the plane between Lake Merwin and Yale Dam. Going South there were reports around Kelly Rd (4 individuals in one place). You do know that is a stone's Throw from where Duane took me to the old store in Heisson.

Early on I had been known to mention Hockinson (but after I went to WA on my own in 2010 and drove the area myself I found Heisson and realized my memory did NOT compensate for Time and Space in my memory logs. After going to Hockinson - I knew that was NOT the place Duane took me, but the moment I got to Heisson it was like some drove truck into me. My memory condensed things and I was looking at an old map and living in FL.

In 1996 I did NOT have a map of the area - just my memory.
I figured it was Hockinson after someone threw names at me on the phone. I did not realize Duane had taken me further north - time and space in my memory. I had the correct memory of the place but not the correct name - they both started with H.

I knew I had been there and I had been in that store. It had NOT changed.

As for Kelly Rd I did not understand if the sound of the plane was E or W of their location. and then on down to the Orhards area....the reports do go Westwardly, but I could not locate all of the name I had...as I was running out of time - my booking to leave was the next day.

Duane took me to Meadow Glade where the VOR is and then we went toward but not to Homan. I keep going to Homan in my memory and do not understand why - WHAT was the significance of Homan - he mentioned a vehicle breaking down in Homan.. Now looking at the map that was sent to me in 2010 and one I bought - I see why! The RAIL line goes thru HOMAN - did NOT know this until this moment!

We go back to the East and then down to the Scholls airport and Orchards area this is when he gets BACK on the 500 and goes East for a short distance and then we turn around head West on 500. I knew I was missing something, but talking to Sluggo I did stated to 500 from there the Homan area, but I see that is NOT what we did. We flipped back to the area of the Scholls airport but do NOT know how -

There are a lot of loopys and exchanges on this map that were NOT there in 1979 so that makes it difficult.

Thanks, yes while I was over the Lake Merwin area the auto pilot was on and it will adjust the trim as needed. the plane is
fully functional with all the bells and whistles attached. alarms will sound if the proper procedure is not taken place
at the point of hitting the throttle. it has been a wild ride learning how to turn over the engines and hit the sky B|

Too cool. I had faith that someone would eventually take the simulation project on. Looking good!

eta: I had to go here to see what Farflung was talking about re Sierra hotel....and I agree...

http://www.tailhook.org/AVSLANG.htm

Way to go smokin99.

But enough about my failure, what sort of dredge is in that fourth photo, with a chain of barges (?) trailing? I know, it’s a faked photo just like the one of the Apollo moon landings. Please can we get back to something about Cooper?

That is the flotation that supports the HUGE pipe.. NOT barges that are used for the clamshell type dredges. They support the outflow pipe all the way to where the spoils are directed, usually into the catchment area that is being filled.
Hopper dredges such as the USACE Essyons indeed still working the channel of the Columbia.. day in and day out

They also bring in a couple contract hopper dredges every year or two to work the Columbia River Bar.

Sierra Hotel Shutter.

Wish I was able to see all this stuff you guys do - but, I just have old dial-up!

Too cool. I had faith that someone would eventually take the simulation project on. Looking good!

eta: I had to go here to see what Farflung was talking about re Sierra hotel....and I agree...

thanks 99, who knows what we will uncover or find, if anything? it sure is fun to find out! a lot of the forward progress is due to
Hominid laying out the programs to run with the testing. when I first thought of it I had no idea how involved it would wind up being.

I'm enjoying every dime spent on it I'll tell you that much, I've learned tons of info about the 727 and tons of info thru Hominid, roger B|

Stay tuned.

:)

thanks 99, who knows what we will uncover or find, if anything? it sure is fun to find out! a lot of the forward progress is due to
Hominid laying out the programs to run with the testing. when I first thought of it I had no idea how involved it would wind up being.

I'm enjoying every dime spent on it I'll tell you that much, I've learned tons of info about the 727 and tons of info thru Hominid, roger B|

Mrshutter, that is a beautiful and realistic video.

The fact that the rear stairs were down caused the flight crew to have some difficulties with the aircraft both in climbing and in descending.

Comments about the climbing are in the Seattle ATC radio transcripts as the airliner was trying to reach 7000 feet and then on up to 10,000 feet. During level flight at 10,000 feet, these problems were not as pronounced.

After being handed off to the Oakland ATC controller, the controller specifically asked them about their turn rate and descent capability. Some of these remarks are at about 10:15 PM PST in the Oakland transcrips.

Initially, the Oakland Center apparently was informed of these reduced capabilities by phone by someone in Seattle (probably Al Lee).

Anyway the flight crew said that they could not do a standard rate turn (2 minutes for 360 degrees of turn, or 3 degrees per second). Also, they asked for a descent rate of between 3 and 5 hundred feet per minute.

And a really long final into Reno. Despite that, they had to break off their approach and circle to try it again.

Robert99

I wanted to add something to the post about Tena's bar.

When you have a river and trees - the shore line will change on its own. There were trees along that river bank in the area of the find. Was the money find in the open or beneath the canopy of trees.

Does that mean anything to you computer geeks and geologist and professors? ANYTHING at all?

1. 1979 there is a building beneath the tree lines toward the gate. Don't take my word ask the Fazio's when the shed came down - a flood I believe is the answer you will get. Where was the money find in relationship to the shed? Ask and you will get an answer.

2. Are any of you familar with trees and the root systems?
In 2000 some of the trees where gone and it was more barren than I remembered on the Western side. Some remained in the area the money was found. I am having a hard time remember the 2000 visit because of all of the commotion.

If anyone can find a picture of the area around 1979 and another one of the area around 2000 - I would appreciate it. Bet the Fazio's have some pics. Just for the sake of it we need one from 1971 - but, it will not be relevant. Perhaps things grow differently there than they do in the South.

What I remember seeing in 2000
was the trees up river toward the (East) was the roots being gnarily and above the ground. Not like the trees on Fazio's property. The big Floods - there were 2 or 3 of those (dates please). 1971 to 2000 - ALL of them!

The trees should tell a story - they always do because they live longer than we do.

I have NO IDEA WHY I am even doing this - it MIGHT be counter productive if I was trying to prove Weber was Cooper - I just want answers!

I would like to see pictures from 2000, 1979 and 1971. List all flood dates that would have affected the trees along the bank and on the fence line at the Fazio property.

Trees tell stories - they really do.
SSSHHHsss don't tell the trees!
Perhaps an arborist in the WA area would be more capable of providing an answer than some one from Ky and Fl. - Climate and conditions affect trees.

TREES really do tell stories!

Stay tuned.

:)

WELL, I didn't see anything at all new there! Nothing IOTA!.

If he writes a book - it will go down the drain with all the others.
Perhaps when I do talk to someone - I need to take copies of all the EMAILS Galen and I exchanged - then they can see were most of his story came from! Should be FUN - and I have the PROOF.....ALL in Black and White and on Disk. I have a special binder labeled COOK - hole punched and arrange according to date - the entire story is in that note book.

Galen maybe an attorney, but he has dealt with a woman with 1st hand convictions and he used me for information...I can prove ALL of that...Galen's story he hijacked from me and then started to add to HIS fantasy of finding Cooper. Galen contacted me yrs before he ever found Gossett - 2004 and I have the letter he sent.

The only connection I could find was the picture Duane set me up to take in 1979 on that Sept day in Salt Lake - I have tried to find out who that man was. Since purportedly Gossett had a hair transplant and was supposedly in Salt Lake at that time - I asked if the attached picture could be Gossett. Duane went to Salt Lake find a man who worked at the Vistor Centre or / and was involved with the Church and he DID not want that man to see him (Duane). The negatives of these pics are the only one missing in 50 yrs of negative - just NOT possible. Duane took the negatives - because if he had taken the pics out of the Album I would have been suspicious and have asked a LOT of questions.

Around 1993 there was a man who went on TV to confess he had allowed someone else to go over for him in his place - does anyone have the capabililties to find that news segment. All I have is the memory. I want to know the name of that man and the branch of service he was in.

Again something I have tried desperately to find - it would have been WW11 or the Korean War. I just do NOT know why this bugs me - perhaps because the picture and the news clip of that man seem in retrospect to be similar in appearance - the man came forward with his confession, but never revealed who went over for him. Again I only know approximate dates between 1990 and 1995. Again Duane watched very little TV in the living room - he preferred to be on the bed with his small TV, but if there was something special - he wanted to see the larger TV in the Living room

Robert 99 says in part:

'And a really long final into Reno. Despite that, they had to break off their approach and circle to try it again...'

I imagine they were scared to death trying the Reno landing with the stairs dragging on the pavement. That's just a guess, of course.

Blevins, the stairs didn't drag until they were turning off the runway.

The problem was that they could only descend at about 300 to 500 feet per minute and that is much less than the normal descent rate during final approach.

On the original approach, they were overshooting the runway due to the local obstacles to the airport. They broke off that approach then circled so that they were a bit further out from the point they broke off the approach and did it again. This time they were able to hit the approach end of the runway even with their low descent rate.

The stairs did drag a little after turning off the runway but only had very minor damage. A picture of the stairs after the landing can be found on Sluggo's web page.

Robert99

after the sand was deposited onto the bar, does anyone know how much and how far they leveled off the sand?

I remember seeing the video Tom made with Brian Ingrams showing the money "fanning out" once wet, does the
process stay in this condition, or does the money flatten back out after long periods under water? or did it remain flat
because it was with the rest of the money inside the bag keeping it bundled up until it was broken apart by the dredge?

If the above questions are not correct then I believe a good search of the bar and surrounding Island's need to be searched.
there must be more clues in those areas, what could it hurt.

Robert99 asked if anyone would help search these area's, I would love to but just don't have the time or funds to travel
across the Country, but would help out in any way I could to start the project.

---------------------------------------------------------
I don't live all that far away from Tena's Bar, 1-2 hours away. , I'd be willing to help out. Send me a pm, let's talk. MeyerLouie