47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Blevins: Thanks for the refreshing thoughts about the DB Caper. I like the rubber band quote:

"UW Burke Museum's Tom Kaye has claimed that because of the condition of the rubber bands, and his tests on similar rubber bands, that this restricts the arrival of the money on Tena Bar to no more than a year."

Is probably OK that the bands would only last one year. However, if the three packs of 20's were placed in the paper bad DB brought onboard when refused by the Crew. Also, it the bag with the three packs were stuffed in DB's shirt. Could it be the wind blast blew the bag of twentys out of his shirt on the way down and floated to a tree and then to the Columbia river and on to Tina's Bar? That paper bag could have served as the container to keep the three pack together and then when enough time took place the bag was no longer there, puff! Anyway, I think this is a very possible explanation of the known facts with a little added guessing.

Now, has anyone heard if the FBI has got the four letters with the DNA under the stamps/envelope flaps to their lab for testing yet? I am still hoping that it happens by the end of this year and blows this case wide open. Forty years is long enough for the case to go unsolved. Go FBI, do your thing!!!

Another thought. All the things found (plackard, Amboy chute, Tina Bar money etc...) there has been no body or chute found in all these years. Does that not indicate that he made it and is still alive and well?

Bob Sailshaw
[email protected]

That is really a rotten analogy. Still alive and well? Get serious. He died in 1995 from nothing having cause and effect relationship to Project Norjak, however, special attention did extend his life.

On the subject of rubber bands. Don't make shit. How old were they when originally used? How well did they age at temp./humidity cycles under ground? There was no briefcase involved here. It was a milk can and lid. Taper-lock type. When they tip over the lid comes off. I have rubber bands in the drawer that have dry-rotted. Never saw sunlight, water, elevated temperature. Reactions of rubber degradation double with every 10° C rise in temperature and UV rays are even more destructive since there were no anti-oxidants or UV stabilizers used in rubber bands. To make a blanket conclusion about a time-line of money exposure or it's float-time is as silly as Weber planning Norjak. You know within a half-hour when the money et. al., arrived in the general area. You know when the big high water was there. You know the currents from the high water time. If you review period arial maps a few miles around Tena Bar for farms, assuming water flow, you can make a wild assed guess that has more validity than studying used condom biodegradability. Just a thought. Hint: The spot were the money was originally buried was next to the river. The river changed course here after the period of flooding. A silverfish burped this in code on the phone to me in 1985. He is dead now.

Hey y’all prepare yourselves….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiB3cISeBk

I couldn’t understand the ‘Phantom Rubber Band’ testing either. The rubber bands are mentioned only by Brian and perhaps his parents. They were extremely brittle and fell apart upon touch. Where would these artifacts have survived given the eroded margins of the bundles and the removal from the sand? Would the Ingram’s know the difference between nine year old rubber bands and some other debris?

From the verifiable facts (not wishful thinking) the money was last seen in the bank bag, with the top tied with line, and Cooper securing it to his body…. fade to black, transition to scene two. Aaaaaaand action!

A child is running and frolicking on a snow scattered beach with his family. Let’s build a fire, the father announces. Young Brian springs to action and begins to….. umm…. do something…. but ahh….. umm…. he finds some shit and does not immediately recognize it as money. Something triggers the brain of this little American boy, who may not know the principles of division, the names of all 50 states or how to tie a bowline knot; but God bless him, he knows what money looks like. Cut to commercial, reestablish in the kitchen, focus on the table and ease out…….

The family takes home this pile of heavily soiled cash and dumps it on the table to ponder. Divided into an unknown number of piles, they attempt a cleaning and drying of the currency before calling the authorities. Cut to hand knocking authoritatively on door…..

You called the police? Why yes officer, we did. Cut to Tidy Cat commercial…

Sound about right so far? Because it’s time for some more lore galore! The analysis of the bills revealed around $5800 OR the ‘equivalent’ of three bundles. Was it three constituent bundles or two full bundles flanked by two partial originally banded bundles, or other combination? Did the $5800 figure drive the ‘fact’ that is must have been three individual bundles? Without the rubber bands serving as some sort of dividers, even the number of bundles is an assumption.

So there were ‘at least’ three bundles at the discovery site. Knowing this, what’s the next logical conclusion? Of course it’s a battery of tests using ONE bundle! This is a format which certainly didn’t exist given the evidence. The dynamics of three or more bundles would require some different assumptions, since the ties that bind are not associated with three or more bundles. That is, a single bundle is assumed to be bound by rubber bands, because that’s the last known condition it was put into. Three or more bundles were bound by a canvas bank bag and tied with line by Cooper, and that the last known condition they were put into. For some reason, this step of the analysis was skipped, obliterated or never a consideration. Why no testing with three or more bundles, bound by the last observed technique? The errors already induced make the simulation of extremely limited value, if any at all. This is the value in double blinds and testing where there is no financial motivation, beyond conducting an accurate and reliable test.

Rubber bands vary greatly. I have had rubber packing bands (used to secure packed canopy suspension lines) rot in a couple of years, while others have remained in good condition for 30+ years. Neither had any significant exposure to UV and both were stored in the same place.

The deliberate human plant explanation for the Tena Bar money just doesnt seem logical to me, but I can't rule it out. The money doesnt prove Cooper died, so why would he plant it? It stirred up a fading story and got people abuzz about DBC again, not a good thing if you are a living fugitive.

Sailshaw counts the Amboy chute as a Cooper artifact, but I've seen no evdience that supports that conclusion.
I sure would like to see what's at the lower end of the risers. The finders of the canopy apparently cut a lot of things to extract it from the ground. I wonder what remains buried? The hardware that connects the risers to the harness would tell me a lot about the rig that was used with the canopy and whether or not it could have been one used by DBC.

If there are no risers and just opened connector links I'd be willing to bet big odds that the chute wasn't Cooper's. Those military links are a BEAR to undo if they've been installed for a few years, often requiring a jig and a mallet or a press. No way Cooper could have done that in the wild. Only a screw holds the two link pieces together, but they are a tight interference fit, some metal galling occurs and as a result they are VERY difficult to get undone.

I found it very odd that the FBI speculated that the 1946 mfr date canopy had been jumped in 1945 by a miltary pilot. It made me wonder what they were thinking or trying to convey. It sure wasn't a high IQ conclusion.

Personally, I have strong doubts that a 1946 twill (non ripstop) canopy would be packed in an emergency bail out rig in 1971. Twill canopies were notorious for catastrophic failure in high speed openings. A small material failure would propagate into a huge rip. That's why skydivers stopped using military twill reserves in the 60s. Some folks died due to twill material rips.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

The “FBI” in the case of the Amboy chute had already determined that the thing was NOT, NOT, NOT the chute which Cossey packed, via Cossey saying, NO NOT EVEN CLOSE.

But that doesn’t stop the legend. A couple local Amboy, amateur historians, speculated that it could be from a 1945 bailout, and the 1946 stamp on the canopy fabric was a “packing date”(I know, painful). It was at this point that Robbie Burroughs said that it could be true, and left it at that. Since at this point, both the FBI and the Amboy historians knew it wasn’t Cooper’s chute, so I would assume (assume here) that Burroughs just agreed with the historian’s statement and punted to them to figure it out. Sometimes people can read quite a bit into something which simply wasn’t there. Not everyone is as ‘tuned in’ and aware like me.

I met Raquel Welch once and told her that I wanted to make love to her in the worst way. She smiled at me and said, “I imagine you will”. Then her butthole personal assistant told her she needed to go to an important meeting before I could get her number or arrange a date. Can you believe that? Oh well, at least I don’t live in some fantasy fuelled world filled with overcompensation, don’t have to thanks to Raquel.

Farflung wrote

I met Raquel Welch once and told her that I wanted to make love to her in the worst way. She smiled at me and said, “I imagine you will”. Then her butthole personal assistant told her she needed to go to an important meeting before I could get her number or arrange a date. Can you believe that? Oh well, at least I don’t live in some fantasy fuelled world filled with overcompensation, don’t have to thanks to Raquel.

I hate to tell you this Farf, but I was the night clerk at the Beverly Hills Hotel back then. The "important meeting" Raquel had that night she rejected you was with Bob Knoss.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I can’t find a silver lining to this one, but perhaps someone can explain why this was consumed so readily. I’m talking about the money colored black in the Cooper trove.

Some of the money was black in color, which was discovered by Brian. OK, time to pull out the old THOR-9000, with P30 interplanetary uranium modulator, and cup holder to see what this is all about.

Apparently the element of silver (Ag) was detected by this sterile examination of the money, in laboratory conditions, with bubbling flasks, white lab coats and a pink carnation. What could be the cause of silver (Ag) on the money?????

Quote: “…in a casual conversation, a law enforcement officer mentioned that silver nitrate was used in the early 70’s to detect fingerprints.”

So the analysis initially identified silver (Ag) as the source of the blackening of the bills, THEN a casual conversation turns the element of silver, into the chemical compound of silver nitrate (AgNO3), THEN the silver nitrate is surmised to have been used on the black money in the past to detect fingerprints, BUT it was known to turn the money black (mutilating and defacing), SO rather than ‘law enforcement’ sending the presumed, ‘former evidence’ to the Treasury Department for replacement, it was THEN returned to circulation. I think I just had an aneurism.

Am I the only one who is experiencing stunned disbelief at this point? Seriously, stunned disbelief?

This is a classic case of bias driven conclusions with several leaps of logic and some unicorn tears.

What’s the value of that analysis? That some compound which was NOT identified on the money, could have turned it black? I can’t be the only one that sees this horribly flawed premise can I? What would be a standard approach to resolving the mystery of the money, assuming one actually wanted to know the cause of the condition?

Geez.

Hey y’all prepare yourselves….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiB3cISeBk

I couldn’t understand the ‘Phantom Rubber Band’ testing either. The rubber bands are mentioned only by Brian and perhaps his parents. They were extremely brittle and fell apart upon touch. Where would these artifacts have survived given the eroded margins of the bundles and the removal from the sand? Would the Ingram’s know the difference between nine year old rubber bands and some other debris?

From the verifiable facts (not wishful thinking) the money was last seen in the bank bag, with the top tied with line, and Cooper securing it to his body…. fade to black, transition to scene two. Aaaaaaand action!

WHY! are the rubber bands so difficult? Why has the
thinking process in this matter become so muddled.

(1) There were no functioning rubber bands holding
the Ingram bills together, or the bundles either!

(2) There were only "crystalized" remnants of what
had once been rubber bands, extant in the same
positions on the bundles and sticking apparently to
paper fibres, where healthy rubber bands had once
been.

(3) Bands were applied to individual bundles, not to
groups of bundles.

(4) The Ingram bundles were being held together by
sediments and paper bills bonded to each other,
holding the groups of bills together to some extent,
surrounded by dirt and lose sand. The Ingram
bundles were soggy wet and when Brian (or whoever)
pulled the first piece out it separated from the
pieces below. The bundles came out in soggy
clumps and pieces, with some of the pieces/clumps
sticking together. The bundles did not come out as
three distinct "bundles", as Brian and Pat describe it.

IMPORTANT: There is nothing about rubber bands
that "dictates" the Ingram bundles had to arrive at
Tena Bar within one year or were responsible for
keeping groups of bundles, or even single bundles
together per se. It is groups of bundles being
together in the same place that matters, and that
suggests containment by some fact independent of
rubber bands, and so far, rubber bands does not
speak to that issue -

It is grouping bundles that matters. Cooper grouped
the bundles in one or more containers, even if he
grouped three bundles in his pocket bundles were
still grouped. The Tena Bar bundles suggests that
some original grouping stayed intact, because once
bundles are separated you cannot have them come
back togther except under special circumstances.

There is nothing about rubber bands that dictates
one means of conveyance vs another especially if
it is 'groups of bundles', which implies some
means of containment and conveyance which
preserves the original grouping, wholly or in part.
The grouping was the FBI's or bank's or Cooper's
and the grouping stayed together inspite of rubber
bands, not because of them. The FBI did not catalog
the serial numbers assembled in each group, which
was a mistake but they were rushed.

Cooper for example was ready to part with money -
he offered some to Tina. He could have placed
bundles in his brief case then floated the brief case
down river hoping it would be found, as a diversion,
then going some other direction. That is one
possible scenario. That would be consistent with him
avoiding detection and perfecting an escape. The
same for finding no parachute.

All the rubber bands prove so far, is that they were
rubber bands. Tom is trying to use them as a clock
of something, without even having the Ingram-find
bands to test! The lack of physical evidence means
you can't do tests and real comparisons! Tom is
trying to do a work-around, just as he did when first
encountering silver nitrate but did not connect that
to FBI finger printing technique which was standard
protocol in 1980. (all kinds of wierd explanations
were tried to explain black bills including river water
electrolysis/lightening ... and exposure to cow
urine! The whole thing was amateurish at the time).

I think "hand burial" by somebody at Tena Bar is
equally amateurish.

Georger offers:

It is grouping bundles that matters. Cooper grouped
the bundles in one or more containers, even if he
grouped three bundles in his pocket bundles were
still grouped. The Tena Bar bundles suggests that
some original grouping stayed intact, because once
bundles are separated you cannot have them come
back togther except under special circumstances
.”

That should have been one of the parameters of the tests or simulations. The grouping is the significant element, but somehow silver nitrate and rubber bands have dominated the subject while being used as a foil to prove the money was buried by a surviving Cooper. Amazing.

A bundle of money was cast on the River Styx, floated in a bowl, lowered into a bucket and placed into a sealed jar for reasons which had no basis in what happened at Tena Bar. There was never a single bundle and for those that flunked science, a sealed jar, filled with distilled water, will provide you with an anaerobic and sterile environment, or a mini-time distortion chamber, which will produce nothing resembling a natural state. That’s how the head of Joaquin Murrieta managed to survive as long as it has ya know.

Instead, over a year has been squandered on repeated declarations that there now exists proof that Cooper lived, and the bills were ‘perfectly aligned’ with ink bleeding. The only things bleeding were my eyes as I read this oft repeated tripe. I kept waiting for someone to sound the klaxon and warn others that a Stage 3, bullshit attack was on the horizon. What did I see? Troll like silhouettes, prancing around and celebrating, the thorough soaking they and everything else were getting, from the shower of crap, which was delivered from Satan’s widely spread butt cheeks. But it takes that long to try and make the tiniest point between all the Clydesdale driving, Iditarod racing, dredging engineers, who reverse the course of rivers, engage in time travel,…. …. They can turn a grey sky blue -ah, they can make it rain, whenever they want it to, oh they can build a castle from a single grain of sand, they can make a ship sail huh- on dry land, but their lives are incomplete and they’re so blue, cuz theyyyy just don’t have clue, just don’t have a clue hey, just don’t have a clue, just don’t have a clue, JUST DON’T HAVE A CLUE….. everybody sing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rP3Hi1f7Og

Yes, I think at least one of the bills, or more, should be turned over to a suitable science

A: One bill? Representative sample? How any and
which bills would be a representative sample in your
motivation?

I tend to agree. There are a few very clear-cut issues with the money that might be worth having answered and possibly have ramifications. However,
between the FBI and Tom, there does not appear to be anything obvious 'in the money' which would positively link it to the Washougal basin, especially
a longterm stay there.

I have told for 18 yrs how that money got on the beach - but NO ONE ever listened except for the minority.

There is this persistent rumor that part of a briefcase was uncovered by the FBI
during their excavation?

Key Word "rumor".

Taking the evidence which currently exists, about the
only two things that can besaid of that money is:
(a) the money evidences traits and markers of
Columbia River water/sediments, and
(b) the money
has traits/markers of having been at Tena Bar and
perhaps Tena Bar specifically, as opposed to other
places.

Tom and others keep wanting to use the rubber
bands as a clock, and I dont think anyone has
proved that case with reliability yet.

Do not agree the money has traits/markers of having been at Tena Bar and perhaps Tena Bare sepcifically, as opposed to other places. Only because I was with the man who put it there and the first and only person to make the claim - Remember this - I did NOT KNOW WHERE TENA'S BAR WAS and until I went to WA in 2000 - NO ONE showed me a picture of what it looked like in 1979 (that would have done it). All I saw was the pictures of the site in Mr. H's book.

Instead of taking me to the bar they should have presented pictures of it and other places made at specific time (not giving me the dates) and I would have picked it out. This had to be pic taken from the parking area just north of the gate.

Maybe the reason the money hasn't solved anything
to date is because so little hard data has been furnished about the money that matters, in years of work! Du ya 'spose?

YES!

FBI's Quantico and the Forensic Section of the US Treasury Dept could analyse that money, and should have already. Get this one-trick poney on the road...

Yes, Yes and it should have been done YRS ago. Time is of the Essence - PLEASE do it NOW!
Please Hurry!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Now, has anyone heard if the FBI has got the four letters with the DNA under the stamps/envelope flaps to their lab for testing yet? I am still hoping that it happens by the end of this year and blows this case wide open. Forty years is long enough for the case to go unsolved. Go FBI, do your thing!!!

I am only interested in the one with the Code sent to the Reno paper and the one mailed from Oakdale. The one with the CODE was verified, but the employee of the paper could NOT find the original nor the source of the story. He assumed it had been sent to the FBI.

I have this man's name in my old files and I think I posted it at one time. It would be in the post when I gave the date of the publication. He man could only verify such a note had been received.

Knoss, Please CRAWL back under your rock!

AS for the letter you think the FBI should test - NO ONE knows what happened to it and the FBI has never even acknowledge the Code letter! Does it exist.

The employee of the newspaper said it did and the date of the new article as posted previously by me.

Farflung wrote

I hate to tell you this Farf, but I was the night clerk at the Beverly Hills Hotel back then. The "important meeting" Raquel had that night she rejected you was with Bob Knoss.

Damn you! I need another beer and a towel to clean up the screen of my Mac Book! I just spit Shock Top "End of the World" all over it!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

When did you hire "Mr Legal Esquire the third"?

He wasn't very "forceful" or even all that "threatening".
Kind of funny, once he got put in his place, reading to him your own words kind of caused a bit of a touretts like episode. :o He may be rethinking his fees, FYI.:D:D:ph34r::D:D

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I think "hand burial" by somebody at Tena Bar is
equally amateurish.

I WOULD agree if I had NOT been with him that fall morning of 1979 - Last wk of Sept or first wk of Oct. I will swear to this until the day I die. I have forgotten little of that trip.

Then over the yrs there is very little conversation regarding Cooper other that the mention of another person being shot and killed.

He was smart enough NOT to let me read Mr. H's book and made NO mention it was about a SKYJACKING in WA. Just said - "Nothing you would be interested in - just an old HIjacking".

The book disappeared and I had NO idea what it was about until 1996. Then several months later Mr. H mailed me a copy of his book and the cover just stood out at me!

Georger recalls:

“…(all kinds of wierd explanations
were tried to explain black bills including river water
electrolysis/lightening ... and exposure to cow
urine! The whole thing was amateurish at the time).”

This is why I spanked myself for not doing a clean sheet regarding what I read about the Fazio operation, and was mired in this complex crap. I’m a lazy, lazy guy who does the least to get the most. So if I want to know about what caused the Tena Bar money to appear as it does, why re-invent the wheel?

I wonder what buried, wet, American currency looks like? It would have been nice if someone had invented the internet, where volumes of information are at ones fingertips, for mere pennies per day. Off to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, or the BEP as us insiders, who are cool, call it. And what the hell, I’m feeling especially sassy today, so I’ll even visit the FRB site since they handle a buck or two every day. Not to spoil any cow urine parties out there, please continue, as I feel most of you would anyway, but this is just a STARTING POINT, just a logical place to start, it is the least complex, so I’m gonna start there. I’ve got to keep the skittish ones who think their pet is being attacked, calm with constant reassurances that what I type won’t make the world explode. Just ‘their’ worlds.

But here’s what I found with a couple searches and a couple minutes. Now I’ve got to find a cow-pee store to confirm those tests.

What might be the end result is what I call a 'backwards' type of solution. You discover the identity of the hijacker, and then everything regarding Tena Bar will probably fall into place.

Blevins, Everything in your post about theories related to Tena Bar is incomprehensible to me since I don't see any logic anywhere.

But just out of morbid curiosity, how would knowing the identity of the hijacker cause ANYTHING regarding Tena Bar to fall into place?

Robert99

3 PARAGRAPHS OF YOUR POST WAS DIRECTED AT PROMOTING AND SELLING YOUR BOOK- I DO NOT SEE WHY DZ HAS NOT PUT A STOP THIS. THE FIRST PARTS OF YOUR POST PERTAINED TO POSSIBILITES REGARDING THE SUBJECTS.

READ THE 3 PARAGRAPS BELOW AND TELL ME YOU ARE NOT USING THIS THREAD FOR PROMOTION REASONS. TALK ABOUT YOU SUBJECT OR SUBJECTS, BUT NOT YOUR BOOK.

SALES & PROMOTION POST SHOULD BE OFF LIMITS.

Your Sales Pitch below - it makes NO DIFFERENCE if you are giving the book away - it is still a SALES promotion.

Side Note: AB of Seattle is putting up the Cooper book free again for the Kindle. Having a Kindle doesn't matter. You can download the free app for your computer or any other device. If you want a copy, just find it at Amazon anytime from midnight tonight until midnight on November 4th. Free download.

Special Note for Farflung: You should probably do this, so you won't keep quoting from the version that was discontinued before a hundred copies sold and has been out of print for years...;)

This is one of the reasons why the reviews on that book dated AFTER December 2010 are generally much better than the ones BEFORE that date. The book was definitely lacking in its original version. Unfortunately, Amazon lumped all 15 reviews together, even after the original version was discontinued.

But just out of morbid curiosity, how would knowing the identity of the hijacker cause ANYTHING regarding Tena Bar to fall into place?

Robert99

Georger came back with:

You took the words right out of my mouth! You have
more courage than I do.
:D

:oYou guys complained about the objective part of Blevins post. At least that is reasonable - he should be allowed to present an idea, BUT NOT to promote his book.

I will note the objective part was same thing you guys do and the purpose of this thread - BUT, he ruined that with his promotion statement.

This is one time I do NOT think you are being fair to Blevins. He has a right to be here, work with theories and idea, but NOT to PROMOTE his book.

I will agree:
;)It was a confusing statement.

[:/]Knowing the identity of the hijacker doesn't cause things to fall into place - it just solves the case. Regardless of who Cooper was - he would not be alive to tell the story. It would ALWAYS be a curiosity!

So ALL 3 of U are wrong. Would the discovery of Cooper present more likely senarios - definitely, but ONE would only be able to speculate - reason, how or why.

Cooper took his STORY to his death bed - it is as simple as that.

Robert99

You took the words right out of my mouth! You have
more courage than I do.
:D

You're kidding, right?

From the Common Sense Department: Once the identity of the hijacker were known, you might be able to research that identity and discover most of the details regarding the hijacking. It would hit the internet like Superstorm Sandy and not long after that, you'd know everything you ever wanted to know about that person, and everyone they ever knew as well. Welcome to the 21st century.

This is so obvious I shouldn't have to explain it.:S

Ok Mr Obvious. I see! It's Obvious. Thank you.

Phil has a question in the back row - if I recall from
last time, Phil wanted to know why Brown people
used to be Green and maybe turnips? Let's talk
about that. The hour is rushing by...

So ALL 3 of U are wrong. Would the discovery of Cooper present more likely senarios - definitely, but ONE would only be able to speculate - reason, how or why.

Cooper took his STORY to his death bed - it is as simple as that.

Jo, Contrary to your statement, the discovery of Cooper would eliminate one very unlikely scenario. And that is your baseless claim that Duane Weber was Cooper.

Robert99

UW Burke Museum's Tom Kaye has claimed that because of the condition of the rubber bands....
------------------------------------------------------------
So Blevins, I guess this label gives Tom Kaye some serious scientific credentials then. It's impressive -- UW Burke Museum, wow! But it's just a label. There are people who receive doctoral degrees who have never set foot in a classroom -- they're called honorary doctorates -- mostly a label of respect for contributions outside the classroom. I know a guy who is the Executive Director of a Fisheries Commission but, to my knowledge, he has never set foot in a science lab. He's is very famous, very influential, he is just a figurehead, his name adds credibility to the Commission, that's it. He has very little scientific aptitude or abilities. So, linking Tom Kaye with Burke Museum doesn't make him any more scientifically credible than my friend with the Fisheries Commission. Moreover, most paleontologists I have met at the University have a doctorate in the field. Look at the guy's resume -- diplomas, degrees, certificates, work experience -- the total package. Labels are meaningless without real credentials. MeyerLouie