10 10
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

As far as witnesses on the flight, I like Bill Mitchell because he sat directly across from Cooper. He told the Washington State History Museum in his 2013 interview that Cooper was 'slight' and that he could have jumped Cooper easily because he was six two and weighed two twenty. He also said this:

***'I remember it was actually sunny, It was one of those North West days where there was lots of clouds around but it was sunny. And it was in the afternoon, and I can’t remember the time but it was still daylight and the sun was out...'

If you are placing so much importance on his testimony, I am presuming you have some good reasons for that and thus, again, I am curious to see your report when it comes out.

In the meantime...read the interview and I still do not find Mitchell's testimony credible (no offense).

My reasons being, no aircraft allows you a good look at someone sitting a few rows apart in the middle seat, irrespective of how tall one is...besides how many times can u look around to stare at a person for no reason...his details of brown shoe and socks...I mean that is difficult to notice even if person is sitting next to you.

One can recognize a recognizable face but recollecting someone's exact facial features, that too of someone wearing thick dark glasses...I think, is a bit stretch of imagination.

I like that part of his interview, but yes...the interview in total is crap. It really is. They make Mitchell sound almost incoherent, and he's a college-educated guy. They didn't pin Mitchell down, and sometimes they would cut him off when he tried to answer some questions.

You should probably read Skyjack if you haven't. Pages 95-97 do a pretty good job talking about the witness reports. Author Geoff Gray was allowed access to the original interview reports they did at SeaTac after the passengers got off the plane.

I now have a genuine 727 door status warning panel. It will be part of my Cooper shrine which includes a Cooper Twenty and a Seafirst money bag. I am wiring it up to make the airstair door warning light illuminate randomly. Well, semi randomly, to be precise. 28 VDC, a 74121 IC, a light driver transistor and something that changes up the RC time constant for the one shot. Snowmman could make something far more elegant, like tieing the airstair door light trigger to forum posts by Jo that claim Duane was Cooper.

Man is the panel beat up. Scratches, multiple sloppy repaints, really trashed. Hard to imagine so much abuse in a cockpit environment. Ex Continental Airlines according to stickers. I can imagine an FE who is pissed cause he is riding side saddle instead of left seat, pissed that he is still in a 727 when the guys with more seniority are in more modern wide-body acft, so he just doesn't give a damn. Who cares if the panel gets scratched and gouged?

Snowmman, the master of all things technical, gave me a helpful map of which light illuminates for which function. Legends on the light covers are obscured when not backlit. Snowmman could probably trace the SN and tell me if Airtwardo's lovely wife was ever in command of a Continental 727 that contained this particular panel.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Snowmman, the master of all things technical, gave me a helpful map of which light illuminates for which function. Legends on the light covers are obscured when not backlit. Snowmman could probably trace the SN and tell me if Airtwardo's lovely wife was ever in command of a Continental 727 that contained this particular panel.

I was told once how the engineer always had a big metal flashlight handy in case of a problem with the panel...if a light or gauge appeared to be in-op, just start beating on the panel with the back end of the flashlight.

95% of the time it 'fixed' itself! ;)B|

Got a genuine AirMike old beat up flashlight here somewhere if ya need it for your collection! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I now have a genuine 727 door status warning panel. It will be part of my Cooper shrine which includes a Cooper Twenty and a Seafirst money bag. I am wiring it up to make the airstair door warning light illuminate randomly. Well, semi randomly, to be precise. 28 VDC, a 74121 IC, a light driver transistor and something that changes up the RC time constant for the one shot. Snowmman could make something far more elegant, like tieing the airstair door light trigger to forum posts by Jo that claim Duane was Cooper.

Man is the panel beat up. Scratches, multiple sloppy repaints, really trashed. Hard to imagine so much abuse in a cockpit environment. Ex Continental Airlines according to stickers. I can imagine an FE who is pissed cause he is riding side saddle instead of left seat, pissed that he is still in a 727 when the guys with more seniority are in more modern wide-body acft, so he just doesn't give a damn. Who cares if the panel gets scratched and gouged?

eBay is chock full of old Boeing 727 stuff. Today I saw an anti-collision light, a hubcap, an NWA model in the box of a 727-200, all kinds of things. Yeah..eBay. There was an interphone for sale there, but that was a while back and I didn't check for that.

I saw Bruce Smith quoting famous 'Dad-Isms'. These are some from my old man when I was growing up:

1) 'The worker must be paid...' (I never understood what the hell he meant with that one until I got my first job filling orders for craft supply stores for $1.40 an hour. Funny thing was...my friend and I both worked there and we were roommates. No trouble living on that money and we were renting a house in Tacoma. Cheap.)

2) *Makes sound of locomotive horn...REALLY LOUD.* (He did that the first time after I got my license, and we were crossing the RR tracks...and I failed to look both ways. LOL I damn near had a heart attack at 16 years old. Even today I always look both ways when crossing. :)
3) 'Marie...your boy is trying to be a man...' He turned to my mom and said that after I hauled off and smacked him in the chest when I was 13 years old. He just laughed at me and the next time I swung at him, he caught my fist in his hand and just held it there. While I tried to get my hand loose, he took another drink of his coffee and then put the coffee down and turned another page on the morning paper, while I tried using BOTH hands to get loose. Unsuccessfully. Heck, I don't even remember why I was so mad at him that morning. The whole time I was growing up, he never laid a hand on me, no matter what I did. B|

I'm going to Phoenix in a couple of weeks to visit my folks again. I think I will tell him that old story so he can have another laugh.

GEOFFREY GREY LIED A LOT IN HIS BOOK.

YOUR'S TRULY JO WEBER HAS TALKED TO SEVERAL OF THOSE INDIVIDUALS GEOFFREY SUPPOSEDLY INTERVIEWED & THEY CLAIM THEY DID NOT SAY THE THINGS GEOFFREY CLAIMED....THEY HAD NOT READ HIS BOOK!

THERE WAS NO RUSSETT SWEATER!

TINA DID SEE COOPER'S SHOES - SHE WAS SITTING RIGHT BESIDE HIM & YOU COULD SEE HIS SOCKS FROM THE POSITION ONE WITNESS WAS SITTING IN. HE COULDN'T TELL IF IT WAS SOCKS OR LONG JOHNS HANGING DOWN.

WHY WOULD ONE WITNESS BE JEALOUS OF COOPER - HE COULD HAVE BEEN HER UNCLE OR A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY.

NO ONE HAS EVER MENTIONED IF COOPER CROSSED HIS LEGS AT SOME POINT...........................DUH!

IF GRAY HAD ACCESS TO EXTENSIVE FILES - I WOULD BE VERY SURPRISED!
WHY? I HAVE SPOKE TO SOME OF THE INDIVIDUALS - AND THEY DENY THEY EVER MADE SUCH STATEMENTS AS CLAIMED BY GREY...........[:/]:|:|

WHY DO BOOK WRITERS HAVE TO ENGARNISH THE TRUTH???????????
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Take this 1966 prison photo. Lift the head a little, make his hair longer then add sideburns.....my avatar shows his side view with his head down 1966 - he was missing some lower teeth & was 4 yrs older when the crime was commited. Take a hint by looking back at other photos of Weber & note the glasses he wore. Always large rimmed & camoflage of his nose & ears...

In 1971 - Weber had gray hair, but a little temporary dye & you have Cooper. I used the temporary stuff myself - and it made your hair GLOSS and took out the kinka....my own hair was very much like Duane's. Why some thought we were father & daughter ( Duane was 17 yrs older than myself).

Note WEBER's complexion!
My complexion was olive but Weber's was much darker. Cooper's complexion was originally described in the media as LATIN because the individual had not seen that color complex before. No way can one describe olive as latin.

Why did the FBI ignore what the stewardess told them about the complexion?

This one guy who was seemingly jealous of the attention Cooper was getting.....did he not note the difference in the coloring of Tina & this man he was supposedly jealous of?

NO way could he have note noted that she was fair to olive and that Cooper was MUCH DARKER - like he had a tan with a golden patina.

Do the imaging & guess what you get!
Cooper?

Get real!

RobertMBlevins

I like that part of his interview, but yes...the interview in total is crap. It really is. They make Mitchell sound almost incoherent, and he's a college-educated guy. They didn't pin Mitchell down, and sometimes they would cut him off when he tried to answer some questions.

You should probably read Skyjack if you haven't. Pages 95-97 do a pretty good job talking about the witness reports. Author Geoff Gray was allowed access to the original interview reports they did at SeaTac after the passengers got off the plane.

Yes I'll pick it up one of these days...

skyjack71

In 1971 - Weber had gray hair, but a little temporary dye & you have Cooper. I used the temporary stuff myself - and it made your hair GLOSS and took out the kinka....my own hair was very much like Duane's. Why some thought we were father & daughter ( Duane was 17 yrs older than myself).

Get real!

Maam wasn't he eliminated basis DNA? Irrespective of how many years later was the DNA comparison done...isn't it conclusive in itself?

thousandthings

***In 1971 - Weber had gray hair, but a little temporary dye & you have Cooper. I used the temporary stuff myself - and it made your hair GLOSS and took out the kinka....my own hair was very much like Duane's. Why some thought we were father & daughter ( Duane was 17 yrs older than myself).

Get real!

Maam wasn't he eliminated basis DNA? Irrespective of how many years later was the DNA comparison done...isn't it conclusive in itself?

SIR THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO EXCLUDE OR INCLUED ANYONE. THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO EXCLUED WEBER.

OTHERS HAVE MADE IT SOUND LIKE THE FBI PRESENTED SUCH REGARDING WEBER BUT I WAS TOLD THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO EXCLUDE OR INCLUDE ANYONE.

THERE ARE THOSE WITH MOTIVE THAT MIGHT LIKE TO LEAD YOU IN THAT DIRECTION - BUT THE FBI HAS NEVER PROVIDED ME WITH SUCH A LETTER NOR HAVE TNEY EVER MADE SUCH A STATEMENT UNLESS YOU CAN CONSIDER THE IFFY OUT RIGHT LIES TOLD BY A AGENT WHEN HE CAME TO THE THREAD.

ONE THAT QUICKLY ERACICATED HIM FROM THIS THREAD.

HE FINALLY WENT ON - BECAUSE HE COULD NOT EVEN PRESENT THE RECORDS OF WEBER NOR COULD HE SUPPORT HIS CLAIM - HE KNEW I HAD THE MISSING LINKS,,,,BUT HE GAVE IT A GOOD TRY.

- SOME SMART COOKTHAT AGENT USED THE JEFFERSON FILE TO EXCLUDE WEBER BUT WITHOUT SHOWING THE MUG SHOT SOME SMART COOKIE GOT IT FOR ME - AND THEN EVERYTHING FLIPPED...BUT THE FBI WAS GONE BY THEM.

KNOW WHY HE COULDN'T FIND THE JEFFERSON FILE ON WEBER....BECAUSE IT WAS UNDER COLLINS - NOW WEBER.

THE AGENT CLAIMED TO HAVE THE FILE BUR DIDN'T HAVE THE PHOTO.

NOW WE KNOW WHY HE REFUSED TO POST THE PICTURE.

HAD IF NOT HAVE BEEN FOR A POSTER ON THIS THREAD SEVERAL YRS LATER - I WOULD NEVER HAVE SEEN THAT JEFFERSON PIC

HIS MISTAKE WAS NOT STICKING WITH fACTS & HE TRIED TO CHANGE FACTS......&THINGS.

JUST BEFORE HE LEFT I FOUND A FILE ON WEBER IN WA - WITH HIS WIFE,STEPSON AND HIMSELF BEING STOPPED NORTH OF SEATTLE NEAR THE STATE LINE - AT A TIME HE WAS SUPPOSED TO NOT BE ANYWHERE ACCORDING TO THE RECORDS THE FBI FOUND.

THEN I FOUND A SHORT RECORD NEAR SPOKANA DATED 1940'S THE ONLY WAY I WILL FIND THAT ONE IS TO GO TO THE FILES MYSELF....THEY SAID MOST OF THEM HAD BEEN DESTORIED....

SHORTLY BEFORE THE CRIME WAS COMMITED - 1969 - HIS NAME , HIS WIFE'S NAME AND HER SON'S NAME ALL PULLED OVER AND GIVEN A WARNING.

Dental glue and dental wax can make a whole lot of things go away and support so many thing.

The DNA (check with the FBI) was insuffienct to rule anyone in or out.
ALL THEY GO WAS A PARTICIAL DNA.

NOT ENOUGH TO BE CONCLUSIVE ABOUT ANY SUSPECT - FOR WHATEVER HE COATED HIS FINGERS WITH - DESTROYED OR CAMOUFLAGED HIS PRINTS. I THOUGHT EVERYONE WAS AWARE OF THIS...COOPER ALSO WIPED DOWN EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED
LITTLE KNOW FACT!

DO U KNOW WHAT KIND OF KNIFE COOPER HAD....A LONG SLENDER SWITCHY LIGHT - I HAVE IT - BUT DO YOU THINK THE FBI HAS EVER BEEN INTERESTED IN LOOKING AT IT.

DO YOU KNOW IF COOPER WAS LEFT HANDED OR RIGHT HANDED....BY THE WAY HE HANDLED THE EQUIPMENT HE
NEEDED TO RETREAT FORM THE LANE?

A LITTLE SOMETHING ELSE THEY HID.
WHY DID COOPER SIT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PLANE - EASY ANSWER.

skyjack71

SIR THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO EXCLUDE OR INCLUED ANYONE. THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO EXCLUED WEBER.

OTHERS HAVE MADE IT SOUND LIKE THE FBI PRESENTED SUCH REGARDING WEBER BUT I WAS TOLD THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH DNA TO EXCLUDE OR INCLUDE ANYONE.

hmm...I too have read somewhere (I think citizen sleuths also stated that) that the DNA extracted from what Cooper left behind is only a partial profile, surprising considering he left behind quite a few cigarette butts. But then in those days no one knew that one day DNA profiling can also happen and poor storage of a lot of those things is probably why only partial DNA is available.

But then as technology goes even that is enough...for someone to be considered I guess that partial should be a complete match at least.

thousandthings

hmm...I too have read somewhere (I think citizen sleuths also stated that) that the DNA extracted from what Cooper left behind is only a partial profile, surprising considering he left behind quite a few cigarette butts. But then in those days no one knew that one day DNA profiling can also happen and poor storage of a lot of those things is probably why only partial DNA is available.

But then as technology goes even that is enough...for someone to be considered I guess that partial should be a complete match at least.

Not only was it partial, IIRC, there were several different partial profiles found.

skyjack71

. . . . .

NOT ENOUGH TO BE CONCLUSIVE ABOUT ANY SUSPECT - FOR WHATEVER HE COATED HIS FINGERS WITH - DESTROYED OR CAMOUFLAGED HIS PRINTS. I THOUGHT EVERYONE WAS AWARE OF THIS...COOPER ALSO WIPED DOWN EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED
LITTLE KNOW FACT!

. . . . .

A LITTLE SOMETHING ELSE THEY HID.
WHY DID COOPER SIT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PLANE - EASY ANSWER.

Jo,

You have previously claimed that Duane woke up one night screaming "I left my fingerprints on the rear stairs.", or some such thing. The "rear stairs" being those on the 727.

So how do you explain the discrepancies in your stories?

If Duane/Cooper sit on the left side of the aircraft, it would be because he wanted to sit in Bill Mitchell's lap.

So how do you explain that one?

Robert99

Blevins wrote

eBay is chock full of old Boeing 727 stuff. Today I saw an anti-collision light, a hubcap, an NWA model in the box of a 727-200, all kinds of things. Yeah..eBay. There was an interphone for sale there, but that was a while back and I didn't check for that.

Hell, why buy piecemeal parts when you can get an entire 727-100? Check out the DELUXE interior!

http://www.aso.com/listings/spec/ViewAd.aspx?id=150599&listingType=true&IsInternal=True&pagingNo=1&searchId=16451580&dealerid=

Asking $700,000. Pretty low airframe time for an airliner (35,399 TT). Ad doesn't say how many hours until a "C Check" is due. That could cost a huge amount of money, well into six figures.

Wonder if Donald Trump still uses a 727 as his biz jet?

If Bruce would just perfect his levitation skills he wouldn't need airplanes for air travel, or skydiving for that matter. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

RobertMBlevins

WHY DO BOOK WRITERS HAVE TO ENGARNISH THE TRUTH???????????

Probably for the same reasons some posters on this thread do the same thing.

This is true. I heard about some guy who thinks the plane actually overflew the Columbia...before it reached Portland. :)
And then there is the fellow who claims to know a very young pre-teen girl who saw KC for a few seconds while he was making the bomb allegedly used in the hijacking, and 43+ years later she can still describe the bomb better than the adults who actually saw it on the airliner.

Can you believe such a thing?

And then there is the fellow who claims to know a very young pre-teen girl who saw KC for a few seconds while he was making the bomb allegedly used in the hijacking, and 43+ years later she can still describe the bomb better than the adults who actually saw it on the airliner.

Try and find coin wrapper tubes that do NOT have descriptive printing on the outside:

https://www.google.com/search?q=coin+wrappers&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS523US532&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=882&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5hLuVKv0GZCwogTx5YGgDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

"excuse me ma'am, I have a bomb here... and yes, those nickels are explosive..."

Blevins wrote

Hell, why buy piecemeal parts when you can get an entire 727-100? Check out the DELUXE interior!

http://www.aso.com/listings/spec/ViewAd.aspx?id=150599&listingType=true&IsInternal=True&pagingNo=1&searchId=16451580&dealerid=

Asking $700,000. Pretty low airframe time for an airliner (35,399 TT). Ad doesn't say how many hours until a "C Check" is due. That could cost a huge amount of money, well into six figures.

Wonder if Donald Trump still uses a 727 as his biz jet?

If Bruce would just perfect his levitation skills he wouldn't need airplanes for air travel, or skydiving for that matter. ;)

How about I use my mystical skills to win the Mega Millions Lottery and buy that 727 for ya, and get a C Check upgrade, too!

Then we could take Donny T to lunch at the SYC with Sailshaw.

As for levitating, I have some concerns - for instance, does it get chilly when you levitate? How about wind chill factorss, or how about rain? Hence, I'm thinking bi-location might be the way to go....

Anyway, I'm content to go zooming around in our Seven-Two--Seven. Could we pick up Tina, too? Just askin'. I bet Billy would wanna talk to me then!!!

Try and find coin wrapper tubes that do NOT have descriptive printing on the outside:

https://www.google.com/search?q=coin+wrappers&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS523US532&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=882&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=5hLuVKv0GZCwogTx5YGgDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

"excuse me ma'am, I have a bomb here... and yes, those nickels are explosive..."

Nickels? I thought Kenny C used quarters! This is how false rumors are started, Three-Seven-Seven.

thousandthings

So, 1K, you don't think the ciggies got tested? Any thoughts on how and when the ciggies got lost? In 2007, Larry thought they were still around and went looking for them.

BruceSmith

Nickels? I thought Kenny C used quarters! This is how false rumors are started, Three-Seven-Seven.

She was 13 at the time of the incident. She also said he was wrapping the coin rolls with red electrical tape, in twos to make one longer roll. I said this earlier already. She said he was also cutting wires and attaching them to the rolls as well. She did not see a battery or a briefcase.

Is she telling the truth? I believe she is. I met her in person, along with one of her three boys. She is a reluctant witness, not looking for fame or fortune, and she will speak to the FBI if they come calling. I don't know what people want from me sometimes. I would say any further responsibility on determining whether her testimony is valid now falls into the lap of the Seattle FBI. They know how to find her, since her contact information was included in the final report on Kenny. Her testimony was specially highlighted in the report. It's maybe a thirty minute drive from their office to her house.

NOTE: There is an important point to this testimony. Since I know that no one has ever mentioned these 'red sticks' used in the bomb as being wrapped in red tape...if the FBI knows they were tape-wrapped, or can verify this with the stew...it will give this lady's testimony much more credibility. No one can answer that except the Seattle FBI, of course. This whole thing has been very difficult for her ever since she saw the airing of the Decoded episode back in January 2011. We're talking family here. She's related to Bernie Geestman. She's also the one who told me this during an interview:

'We'd rather wait until he (Bernie) is gone (passed away) before saying anything...' (about his possible involvement in the hijacking)

Later, I was able to convince her that the FBI might not see it that way, especially after her testimony regarding Kenny's actions shortly before the date of the hijacking. She has accepted this. And there's no use in getting upset with ME about this witness. These folks approached me, not the other way around. That testimony was volunteered to me...I did not seek it out. I merely verified her relationship to Geestman, and recorded her testimony for the report.

You have previously claimed that Duane woke up one night screaming "I left my fingerprints on the rear stairs.", or some such thing. The "rear stairs" being those on the 727.

So how do you explain the discrepancies in your stories?

As usual you do not read back at the accountings nor have you even seen the FBI reports:

:o:)Duane actually said AFTSTAIRS - remember the story I told how he explained away AFT STAIRS?:S

You do not know the story because you probably never read it!

I only go by what I see in the pictures in the books...I do not have a diagram of the seating arrangements. None of the books I have show the seating arrangement.

Since Duane was left handed I would assume he sat on the left side the plane so he could keep his hand on the brief case which would be by a window. Tina sat beside him in the Isle seat.

When I think about what I would I have done...I am right handed, but I would want to leave my dominate hand for other activities..

So smarty pants on fire - do you know which side of the plane Cooper sat on?
It never occurred to me to even look for a picture & I did NOT find one in the books I have.

I know some diagrams have been presented on the computer, but I can usually not see them. Very old computer & old woman technology.

Remember I could not see the pictures on Sluggo's site - and still have not viewed the photo's he put there.

I hope I sufficiently answered your obtuse picking no Jo questions!