Orange1

How old were you when you did your first jump?

I've noticed a few of the intro posts recently have been from "older" people... so i was just wondering what the kind of distribution of first jump ages was. I've started it at 16 as (tandems aside) that seems to be absolute minimum age most places...
I'm starting the poll off with a relatively old 30-40 :P
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I was 63 when I did my AFF level1. Waited 8 years to do level 2. Nothing to regret so far.:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I was also 20. Next month, some day (dunno which one) will be the 30th anniversary of my first jump.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Found the real freedom at 23 yrs old........was flying the aluminium boxes around for fun until then!!

(And I copped a lot more flack from my old flying instructor than my own parents when I told him I was going to jump out of a plane lol!)

BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

37 years old last year. My wife swears it is some mid life crisis thing... but she says that every time I spend any money!! The cool thing is there are guys that are in their 60's at the DZ... so me being almost ;)40 is no big deal!

I started at 16 and a month or so, actually my parents gave me the Money I used for my birthday.

After an operation as a result of a skydiving mishap doing SL pregression, my Dad still sponsored me 50% for the AFF course and Jumps until I started earning money.

So sweet

Now I have to pay it all myself :(

"Now I know why the birds fly"
Hinton Skydivers

37 years old last year. My wife swears it is some mid life crisis thing... but she says that evertime I spend any money!! The cool thing is there are guys that are in their 60's at the DZ... so me being almost ;)40 is no big deal!

yeah, i was 36 (still am:P) and got the "mid-life crisis" things from a coupla guys too

there's a guy at my DZ who's been jumping since the year I was born B|
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Dude, your poll is messed up. You included the end of the ranges twice, so I didn't know which one to pick! :S

Mine was on my 30th birthday. I started AFP about a month later (and just finished it last weekend). In 11 days it will have been a year.
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I started when I was 25... Sure wish I'd started at 16 though... I wasted 9 years of my life before I got into skydiving... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

37 years old last year. My wife swears it is some mid life crisis thing... but she says that evertime I spend any money!! The cool thing is there are guys that are in their 60's at the DZ... so me being almost ;)40 is no big deal!

yeah, i was 36 (still am:P) and got the "mid-life crisis" things from a coupla guys too

there's a guy at my DZ who's been jumping since the year I was born B|

At 43 I bought a Convertable. At 44 I lost 75 lbs and took up marathon running. At 45 (last monday) I made my first skydive. Mid life crisis, naw I don't think so.

It is one thing to be in the proximity of death, to know more or less what she is, and it is quite another thing to seek her.

— Ernest Hemingway