scottjaco

DC-9 Jet at Perris

$22 is pretty standard.

A 30% increase in jump ticket prices over 2 years is criminal. No other type of business is passing the fuel cost to it's customers like this.

How many other businesses sell a product where the majority of costs are fuel, which has gone up far more than 30% in the past two years?

UTD...the problem I and so many others have with your posts is you don't respect the sport. You have no clue how nice skydiving is now compared to how it used to be. All you do is complain as if the sport started 3 years ago for your benefit. You refer to us as a cult and I guess in alot of ways it must seem that way to a relative newbie like you who hasn't been around long enough to appreciate what you have and the sacrifices others have made so you and I can jump.

I quit jumping in the early 90's for various reasons. When I returned 2 years ago I was amazed at the advances we've made in the last 10 years. Equipment, aircraft, facilities are all so much better now. You complain about how much it costs to jump but you have no point of reference. You want nicer things but you don't want to buck up for it. No skydiving facility will ever be as nice as you're used to in Beverly Hills. Get over it.

It's all about your POV. Yea, you've made alot of jumps in the last 3 years but its also about "time in sport". You don't have enough of it to make the statements you've been making. Try being more positive.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

How many other businesses sell a product where the majority of costs are fuel, which has gone up far more than 30% in the past two years?

Its gone up 100% in 5 years.
Sorry dawg, but just like any other business in order to stay in business, one can not continue to run in the red. Its obvious when people make statements such as "I know what is best" they do not have all the tools required in their tool bag to make those kinds of statements.
There is a saying thats been around for awhile that I will modify just a bit because I think its applicable here.
"Those of you that think you know everything..." and so on.
UTD you know whats best eh? Ok lets see the business plan! Bring it on! umhumm
I'll need maintenance schedules, escrow for engines, pay roll, facilities, insurance (both a/c and employee), electricity, water, sewer...etc...then we'll get to the other costs of doing business. This should give you a good start though.

The jet won't fly

Umm okay so it was a figment of my imagination!

Oh... you want one of them fancy DZs

Um I guess porta pottys/honey buckets will do:):)
Man if I only have them dumped once every three weeks...imagine the money I can save! Yea thats a good idea! Who needs toilet paper anyway? And forget the hand sanitizer cause that will just drive the cost up and then it will have to be passed on to the consumer.
Great idea...now why didn't I think of that earlier?:)
Oh and I got it I can just forget about the ratio of potties to people...yeah I can save there too...forget what the health code says, I'll toss that in the honey bucket too!
Oh oh I know I'll have me a cement pond instead of the pool that way I don't have to buy chemicals and stuff..and I'll close the bar too. Yeah thats the ticket! Why I have saved so much money today that I might be able to buy one of those plastic kiddie pools!;)

A 30% increase in jump ticket prices over 2 years is criminal. No other type of business is passing the fuel cost to it's customers like this.

Sorry, but I take issue with this. A business must turn a profit or it ceases to exist. Skydiving is recreation, and therefore optional behavior. If you find the costs excessive, do not participate. If you think a dropzone should be run as a social service, feel free to open one yourself. You could install any type of plumbing you desire and offer $1.00 jump tickets

Why is everyone responding to this guy? It's already been shown that the USPA license number he used to have listed was not his - that misrepresentation removes any credibility related to this sport. His posts, topics and targets are also very similar in nature to a former forum member that was banned. Has anyone checked to see if the IP addy's match up? btw - if you do a google search of that person you will find he has done similar arguments/attacks on other web forums.

Why is everyone responding to this guy? It's already been shown that the USPA license number he used to have listed was not his - that misrepresentation removes any credibility related to this sport. His posts, topics and targets are also very similar in nature to a former forum member that was banned. Has anyone checked to see if the IP addy's match up? btw - if you do a google search of that person you will find he has done similar arguments/attacks on other web forums.

Thank you, I did not know this.

Where do you get 30% from? It has gone up two bucks in the last two years.

This plane is a joke. How do you qualify that statement?

It is a waste of money and it will never fly.

He asked you to qualify the statment. Not give an opinion again.

How come you didn't take me up on my offer to meet at Perris and talk to PAt and Ben? WHo are you ....... really?
Dom

It's all about your POV. Yea, you've made alot of jumps in the last 3 years but its also about "time in sport". You don't have enough of it to make the statements you've been making. Try being more positive.

I don't believe his jump numbers. IF he jumped at Perris and made that many jumps in 3 years one of us would know him. I mean he is using a fake license number. For that reason alone he should be banned from this site (I think again)!

He obviously know the DZ but is lieing about who he is. Maybe it is Pat or Ben stirring the pot, now that would be just like them wouldn't it?
Dom

How come you didn't take me up on my offer to meet at Perris and talk to PAt and Ben? WHo are you ....... really?

Actually, I have had many conversations about the DC-9 with Pat, Ben and Melanie.
They were quite ingratiating. We exchanged many viewpoints about this aircraft.
I told them that I felt owning a jet would become a nuisance to the surrounding communities due to the noise levels of the jet taking off. Many controverting viewpoints were exchanged between the Conatsers and the people who live in the areas surrounding the dropzone. Apparently some lawyers got involved. I then said that I didn’t feel that skydivers were quite ready to make the transition from turbine prop to jet aircraft. They agreed with my viewpoints and the jet is no longer at the dropzone.

I hope the skydiving community isn’t too upset with me about this. I know many of you had your hearts set on being the first to jump out of a real jet. Unfortunately, now is not the time. One day, when I feel that skydivers are prepared for the implications of jumping a jet, I will give the Conatsers my stamp of approval but that may be many years from now.

Anyway, I hope I haven’t upset anyone. See you at the dropzone!

One day, when I feel that skydivers are prepared for the implications of jumping a jet, I will give the Conatsers my stamp of approval but that may be many years from now.

You're hot. I want you bad. NOW!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

One day, when I feel that skydivers are prepared for the implications of jumping a jet, I will give the Conatsers my stamp of approval but that may be many years from now.

Anyway, I hope I haven’t upset anyone. See you at the dropzone!

Now that is comedy. Good show! What comedy club will you be performing at this weekend?

You must be a small man, a very small man. Bored and lonley. No friends and to much time on your hands.

It’s all true. I’m just an angry loner that sits in front of his computer all day. Saliva drools down my face as I type. Does that sound like anybody you know? If you really want to meet me, I usually pace back and forth in front of the BombShelter. You can find me talking to myself and mumbling obscenities under my breath. I look pretty creepy so you won’t see many girls come near me.

Dom, would you please be my friend? I’m not such a bad dude. I need your friendship, because you seem to be the only person that understands the childlike manifestations that I seem to be encompassed by.

Guys,

calm down.

Either ignore people you think are trolls, or take them as face value, but dont get all puffed with people's comments if you think they live under bridges.

is that kinda when theres a warning sign that says "coffee is EXTREMLY hot" and then u get upset when the coffee is too hot?:S
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me ask you why would you lie about a license number?

I entered the wrong number by accident.
------------------------------------------------------------

If you entered the wrong number by accident. Why do you not have the correct one up now? If you did it might give you some credibility.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Why?

Because with the number, a back issue of Parachutist, and a buddy in the police or other gov't agency you can get personal information.

Those with nothing to hide probably have nothing to lose, some of us do, and enjoy anonymity.

Cheers
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!