scottjaco

DC-9 Jet at Perris

What the hell do you need 180 pounds of gear for

LOL well you know a couple of rigs..a couple of helmets and stuff for my cabana boys...it all adds up!B|

Hey, an 180 lb cabana boy is just the ticket to stow away in the hold! :)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

b^2, you gonna go with us on the big plane to WFFC?

Boy wouldnt that be a hoot? I however, am not going to Ramtool this year.
Somebody has to stay home ;)

But, but, but....it's during the heat of the summer! Isn't AZ closed down during that time? B|

ltdiver

Lori at Mango Mike's.....................Great idea. Ya think she has to send that special PM to Mikey?:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Ya baby, Lori coming to WFFC:)

Well, we'll see. My boss just saw the opening page of the Calendar today... :)

ltdiver

Well then, he should let you have more time off then. Cause you are a Super Star baby!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

But, but, but....it's during the heat of the summer! Isn't AZ closed down during that time?

LOL yes but ,but ,but....can you say tunnel? skydiving and, and, and...:)

It's Monsoon season in AZ, right? Who'd want to be there with all that heat lightning bouncing around? :P

ltdiver

Ya baby, Lori coming to WFFC:)

Well, we'll see. My boss just saw the opening page of the Calendar today... :)

ltdiver

Well then, he should let you have more time off then. Cause you are a Super Star baby!

My boss is a she... :P

ltdiver

Hey Bill, can you find out as much information about this as possible ?

Along with the cargo per person, I was also confused about the dates. Are they doing two trips, or are they picking one depending on the amount of people signed up for each trip ?

The website says it's also max $425 per person. I assume this will go down if more people sign up? Also is there a minimum amount of people that need to sign up for it to fly ? How many ? When will they know for sure if it's going and what dates ?

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

If you are limited on space, drop me a line and I can bring out an extra tent for you. Or you can buy a cheap one at Wal Mart once you get to WFFC. They also have those cheap throw away coolers. I'm sure there is someone around that can take you into town, I'd be happy to do that for you.

Wow, thanks for the offer. Let me see what specifics I can find out first. I mean I know I can pack my tent and a few other things along in my suitcase, so I'm not too worried about that. But if there isn't a weight limit per person, I can bring some chairs, and other things for camping. Maybe a small motorcycle ? ;);)

The Jet is going to Convention!

Good news. I have been offered free transportation onboard the DC-9 jet to the WFFC.

Last week I visited Perris. I was approached by a rather esoteric group of skydivers who wanted to open a dialogue.

Apparently my predilections were not to their taste. They told me that some of the local skygods were trying to run me out of the community.

I laughed pretty hard when they told me that this guy named “Dom” was looking for me.

They asked why I had a desire to witness a fatality. I explained that to jump out of an airplane is to embrace one’s own death. To witness it is to a flee from it. While this statement is pharisaical by nature, I just can’t get over throwing out an oxymoron to justify my opinions.

I was able to convince them that they were wrong to judge me. Apparently, having more money than common sense, they offered to pay for my plane ticket to the WFFC, just so they wouldn’t feel stupid.

I now plan to attend this trip as the ex cathedra plenipotentiary on behalf of Perris Valley.

I predict that we will be welcomed to the WFFC the same way the Beatles were in 1964.
Adoring fans gathering around the staircase in awe of us. It will be one hell of an ego boost!

So Any news on the Rantoul trip ?

I see Perris has updated their rantoul jet web site, but I don't know for sure if it's going on those first dates. A positive "YES" or "NO" from someone-in-the-know would be great so that I can confirm the time off from work.

http://skydiveperris.com/events/rantoul.aspx

I see Perris has updated their rantoul jet web site, but I don't know for sure if it's going on those first dates. A positive "YES" or "NO" from someone-in-the-know would be great so that I can confirm the time off from work.

http://skydiveperris.com/events/rantoul.aspx

I also got the days off from work (August 4-8), so they better confirm that first trip's dates. :^) Honestly, if they had to choose just one trip, I'm thinking that it would be the first weekend of the convention, not the second.

I'll send an e-mail and see. Be back when I've heard.... :^)

ltdiver

A positive "YES" or "NO" from someone-in-the-know would be great so that I can confirm the time off from work.

And its a go! Got the confirmation call today.

YeeHaw!

ltdiver

Is it likely that it will not ever land at Perris again, but instead stay at the nearby airport?

I'll bet the flights to Rantoul will be very interesting. A big load of jumpers free to run around in a big jet with no stewardesses to tell them to behave!

How is the interior equipped regarding seats, stowage bins, etc? Was it already a cargo plane?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Is it likely that it will not ever land at Perris again, but instead stay
>at the nearby airport?

Possible, but given Perris has a brand new runway, unlikely.

>How is the interior equipped regarding seats, stowage bins, etc? Was
>it already a cargo plane?

It was a commercial passenger aircraft. The interior has been left largely as-is.

Sure they're repairing and improving the runway, but I gotta wonder if it is worth risking it again. Did they do the whole runway and taxiways so well that there is no worry ever? They should move it at the coldest part of the day. :ph34r:
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

A positive "YES" or "NO" from someone-in-the-know would be great so that I can confirm the time off from work.

And its a go! Got the confirmation call today.

YeeHaw!

ltdiver

That's just a go for ferrying jumpers to WFFC, right? It's not actually going to be flying any loads, is it?

Well, the DC-9 made it to Rantoul and back to home base, Perris this week! A joy to ride, with 3 flight attendants ta boot! Food, drinks, and a stand-up comedian (thanks, Scott). :)
3 1/2 hours from door to door going East. 4 hours (with a fuel stop in Pueblo, CO) coming home.

The scenery below was amazing. Crossing over the Rockies at 28,000' was spectacular. The Grand Canyon, too. It was like a little mini-National Parks show! :)
Man, I'd do it again in an instant!

ltdiver