scottjaco

DC-9 Jet at Perris

Even if they can't get permission to jump it at WFFC, I think there would be quite a few willing to pay for the lift there and back.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

One day, when I feel that skydivers are prepared for the implications of jumping a jet,

Well then, I must be special, cause I've done about a dozen jet jumps:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

***Because with the number, a back issue of Parachutist, and a buddy in the police or other gov't agency you can get personal information.
-----------------------------------------------------------
With that info they can get your name. Good luck finding anything else out unless you have a really obscure name. When the police run my name they come up with pages and pages of Patrick Johnson good luck picking out wich one is me:P Besides he was willing to post a wrong number suposedly on accident so when he realized it was wrong why not post the right one.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

One day, when I feel that skydivers are prepared for the implications of jumping a jet,

Right, what implications? I have quite a few jet jumps (C-141, C-17, C-5) and don't seem any worse for wear. Most of those jumps were with a MT-XX/MC-4 and combat equipment hung from my 150 pound body too. Jets are no big deal, door or ramp.

Chuck

Right, what implications? I have quite a few jet jumps (C-141, C-17, C-5) and don't seem any worse for wear. Most of those jumps were with a MT-XX/MC-4 and combat equipment hung from my 150 pound body too. Jets are no big deal, door or ramp.

Chuck

Chuck your special to;) Thats why you got paid to make those jumps (maybe even at night:() and wear the green hat:)
R.I.P.

>Well then, I must be special, cause I've done about a dozen jet jumps . . .

Me too! Two of them were at around 200kts, which is about three times the exit speed I'm used to. Needless to say I was ripped limb from limb, since I was unprepared for the implications of jumping a jet.

Well it looks like I'm in good company with being special enough to jump out of a jet.

There is no way in hell you would catch me doing the jet jumps like Chuck has done. Thank you Chuck for all you have done and will continue to do.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Give a good reason why you say the things you say.

He was right about the toilets at Perris; they suck. He was also right about the bar, and the tunnel.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

If you entered the wrong number by accident. Why do you not have the correct one up now? If you did it might give you some credibility.

Because there's no rule for this forum that mandates that he do so. He's playing by the rules. And you, technically, have no right to ask him for that information.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

>Because there's no rule for this forum that mandates that he do so.
> He's playing by the rules. And you, technically, have no right to ask
> him for that information.

There's no rule on this forum that says he can't. He will have more credibility if he is truthful about his identity; that's true of anyone here.

>Because there's no rule for this forum that mandates that he do so.
> He's playing by the rules. And you, technically, have no right to ask
> him for that information.

There's no rule on this forum that says he can't. He will have more credibility if he is truthful about his identity; that's true of anyone here.

Nudge, nudge Kid wicked/unwashed dog. Same same.

New news, just today. :)
http://skydiveperris.com/events/rantoul.aspx

ltdiver

The Jet is going to Convention!

Even though we are not ready to skydive from it (actually we are ready, it is just the feds aren't ready yet), we will be taking the DC-9 to Rantoul this year to show it off to the skydiving community.

If you are interested in going to the convention and would like to fly straight into Rantoul let us know. We are not chartering the jet, however if you would like to share in the expenses of the flight as described in FAR 91.501, come along. Your share of the costs will not exceed $425 for a flight straight into Rantoul. No messing with rental cars, checking your rig with the airlines, or any of those other hassles. (You are responsible for your own accommodation though, and NO, you can't sleep on the plane).

The tentative schedule for the first flight will depart Perris Aug. 4, 2005 at 6:00 AM - arrive Rantoul at approximately 1:00 PM local time. The return trip will depart Rantoul Aug. 8, 2005 at 2:00 PM local time and should arrive Perris approximately 7:00 PM. We might have to make a fuel stop.

The tentative schedule for the second flight will depart Perris Aug. 10, 2005 at 6:00 AM - arrive Rantoul at approximately 1:00 PM local time. The return trip will depart Rantoul Aug. 15, 2005 in the afternoon and arrive Perris approximately 6 hours later.

There will be a snack and complimentary "beverages" served on board.

Come join us on our innaugaral Boogie flight!

:)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

New news, just today. :)
http://skydiveperris.com/events/rantoul.aspx

ltdiver

The Jet is going to Convention!

Even though we are not ready to skydive from it (actually we are ready, it is just the feds aren't ready yet), we will be taking the DC-9 to Rantoul this year to show it off to the skydiving community.

If you are interested in going to the convention and would like to fly straight into Rantoul let us know. We are not chartering the jet, however if you would like to share in the expenses of the flight as described in FAR 91.501, come along. Your share of the costs will not exceed $425 for a flight straight into Rantoul. No messing with rental cars, checking your rig with the airlines, or any of those other hassles. (You are responsible for your own accommodation though, and NO, you can't sleep on the plane).

The tentative schedule for the first flight will depart Perris Aug. 4, 2005 at 6:00 AM - arrive Rantoul at approximately 1:00 PM local time. The return trip will depart Rantoul Aug. 8, 2005 at 2:00 PM local time and should arrive Perris approximately 7:00 PM. We might have to make a fuel stop.

The tentative schedule for the second flight will depart Perris Aug. 10, 2005 at 6:00 AM - arrive Rantoul at approximately 1:00 PM local time. The return trip will depart Rantoul Aug. 15, 2005 in the afternoon and arrive Perris approximately 6 hours later.

There will be a snack and complimentary "beverages" served on board.

Come join us on our innaugaral Boogie flight!

:)

Now that is showing up at a boogie first class!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I just signed up too!

This is going to be swell. I'm curious how much gear we can bring though. I mean like camping gear and maybe a cooler.;)

Although maybe a new thread is in order. I searched before posting a new thread and found this one.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

If you are limited on space, drop me a line and I can bring out an extra tent for you. Or you can buy a cheap one at Wal Mart once you get to WFFC. They also have those cheap throw away coolers. I'm sure there is someone around that can take you into town, I'd be happy to do that for you.

> I'm curious how much gear we can bring though. I mean
>like camping gear and maybe a cooler.

Well, it is basically an MD-80 and they've got big cargo holds. And we won't be carrying the usual complement of overnight-shipping-company stuff. And even small DC-9's carry 80 people with all their usual mounds of luggage; I doubt we'll have that many people.

And if what the website says is true, and they are conducting the flight under part-91 rules, there may be a bit more flexibility on cargo stowage in the cabin.

Although maybe a new thread is in order. I searched before posting a new thread and found this one.

Nah. Keep it only on this thread. Leave it to just the rabid DC-9 fans to find it here. Kind of like a treasure hunt. You have to -find- it before you can sign up. B|

Got my request in for the time off....hope they give it to me, since I'm taking Nat's and JFTC off this year already! :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon