Unstable

Who's saving up for New gear this spring!?!?

I'm saving up for my first complete rig...but unfortunately I must wait for 1 1/2 years until I can purchase it because of stupid grad school. I've already rode out 6 months, but sadly I have another 18. It makes me want to cry :( At least by that time, I will have enough cash to pay for all 7 levels of AFF, my first rig, other equipment, and several jumps immediately.

Just wanted to vent...no one else understands my longing to be in the sky...they just think I'm crazy in the head and will literally die.

I'm dreaming of a new Icon later in the Summer. Trying to time its arrival for UK Nationals or so (a little later maybe, we'll see), but have jump number goals I promised myself beforehand that I need to achieve.

A long way off? Yes.

Do I know what colours it'll be already? Oh yes :$

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Just wanted to vent...no one else understands my longing to be in the sky...they just think I'm crazy in the head and will literally die.

Oh I do. All too well.

Took me 3 years between really wanting to start and being able to. That's a long time.

I do believe buying new gear is a luxury. I'd jump anything I could get my hands on frankly. But like I said, a new kit costs the same as decent second hand gear. So I see no reason not to go for new.

oo...oo...me..me.....(always after new shinny gearB|)

I don't need, but could use a new reserve... my 5 cell Swift is 20 years old (this september). Rigger says it more than fine, but old tech'. He recommended PD ... what do the rest of you think?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yea same problem here being 5'8" and 125lbs on a good day. I picked up a mirage and sabre I 170 still need a cypres though and will be good to go, i also promised myself to hit 100 jumps this year and hopefully get up to my C license, we shall see only 86 more to go :P

I've sold my 150 stiletto and my other setup (mirage/saber/raven2) and bought an Icon and stiletto. After 1500 jumps and 7 years, it wil be my first "new gear", although I am keeping my Swift Plus reserve, so I guess it is not totally used.

Since I don't do video anymore it makes no sense to have two rigs.

steveOrino

Me! I want to get an REI SubKilo 20 degree down sleeping bag (less than 2 pounds!),

I just looked at one today!!! :o:):)

I kind of like the Marmot +15 one though - only 1 pound and in the stuff sack it is TINY!

Next up is a good tent. :)
Scars remind us that the past is real

My new parachute should be here in about 2-3 weeks.....I will post when it arrives. I am so excited.....it is so darn pretty!:P:P:P:P

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I was saving, just ordered my new canopy today. Safire 2 159
Looks like my jumpsuit isn't going to be made, so I've got to find a new manufacturer.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

I was saving, just ordered my new canopy today. Safire 2 159
Looks like my jumpsuit isn't going to be made, so I've got to find a new manufacturer.

Yeah!!!! For new gear!!!!!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I was thinking about buying a new closing loop this spring. Maybe even a matching pull up cord.

Wow. You know, my banker has always helped me finance equipment. He knows a little about the sport and is usually really happy to help out. Do you have enough $? Would you like me to refer you to him?
=========Shaun ==========

Well I got a head start on my shopping.

Ordered a new Infinity container about a month ago.
Got my PD 113R waitin to go in it.

Now all I need is-
A New Main Canopy.
Cookie Composites Camera Helmet.
Some freefly pants and swoop shorts so I dont have to wear a whole suit during the hot summer.

I'll be using a recient bonus to help finance a new canopy. I"m thinking Safire 2 169. That or buy a friend's Saber2 170. I'm also looking at getting another michigan suits RW suit and perhaps a freefly suit for good measure.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.