crashtested

How extreme a skydiver are you

Here and I thought "extreme" meant jumping without a cypres :D:D

:D:D:D
Must admit it felt like that for me when I jumped without my Vigil for a few months. It's amazing that the fact that it 'might' have to save your life delivers so much peace of mind.

Compared to many of the posts here, I guess I'd be called extreme (by the OP's definition). It's not that I go looking for trouble, but just the environment I was trained in. During 4-way we never broke off before 2.5K, 'cause that wasted airtime. (We only got 9K as a rule)

Many times a dz doesn't have (had) someone experienced in what you want to achieve. Those are the times you push the boundaries & see what happens. Not because you have a death wish, but because you want to progress. It may seem extreme to some but everyone has their own comfort zone when it comes to a saftey envelope...

If coaching is available, get it! If it's not available, plan properly, weigh all possible outcomes & decide if you want to try it. Not conforming does not mean extreme, does it?
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

I am the most Xtreme skydiver here. On my fifth AFF I cut away at 2000 feet just to see how the reserve worked. I lied and said I had really bad line twists.

On the sixth AFF my instructor signaled me to do a lower body 360, instead I gave him the finger and went head down until my AAD fired.

They banned me from the DZ. I don't get what their deal is, this is an extreme sport. Xtremeness should be praised not condemned.

Or how 'bout "extreme" car waxing.

I want to see the extreme car waxing, but only if it follows the extreme bikini car washing.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

Skydog, as we spoke about last night, people will judge there abillitys and make there own choices in this and any sport, Some people will just critisize, not admire feats of skill, or not surport ideas, because it has not yet been done, rather then get involved and make the impossible possible, and surport others in the sport.

Its a shame that sooooo many people we know have become so sick of jumping tandems everyday that they have forgotten why they entered this sport becoming bitter and twisted and full of resentment.

If the next couple of comericals happen it will be intresting to see the reaction of the other communitys.... i'm 99% sure it will be a million miles away from what we have encounted at home.

Shark advert in egypt me thinks end of summer. I really really have a big fear of sharks, dough what you doing in august :ph34r:

I do things that may look extreme, that are impressive to see - but to me are easy, well rehearsed, practiced, and mostly safe.

I think the notion of "extreme" as a marketing gimmick is entertaining, but as a goal is ridiculous and disrespectful to those who care about you.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

...They banned me from the DZ. I don't get what their deal is, this is an extreme sport. Xtremeness should be praised not condemned.

The obviously didn't appreciate your style.

>Some people will just critisize, not admire feats of skill, or not surport
>ideas, because it has not yet been done, rather then get involved and
>make the impossible possible, and surport others in the sport.

Yep.

But most skydivers aren't like that. Most skydivers respect and admire skill in the sport, and do what they can to support it when they see it. At the same time they will come down on people who are being mind-numbingly stupid, who think "Hey! I'm extreme, check it out!" is all the excuse they need to do any given idiotic stunt. Indeed, skydivers will often get involved and try to stop these people from killing themselves before they make that final mistake.

I am the most Xtreme skydiver here. On my fifth AFF I cut away at 2000 feet just to see how the reserve worked. I lied and said I had really bad line twists.

On the sixth AFF my instructor signaled me to do a lower body 360, instead I gave him the finger and went head down until my AAD fired.

They banned me from the DZ. I don't get what their deal is, this is an extreme sport. Xtremeness should be praised not condemned.

Aww, what a cute little troll.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

just turn

What a pussy.

Yeah, all you need to do is have everybody yank their right riser during opening to avoid the head ons... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I do things that may look extreme, that are impressive to see - but to me are easy, well rehearsed, practiced, and mostly safe.

I think the notion of "extreme" as a marketing gimmick is entertaining, but as a goal is ridiculous and disrespectful to those who care about you.

/reply]

WELL SAID.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

just turn

What a pussy.

Yeah, all you need to do is have everybody yank their right riser during opening to avoid the head ons... :P

once you are a little better at 4-way, it's actually a bit quicker to reach over to the teammate on the right and steer his left riser a bit during a quadra-deployment

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

11 years ago I was at Skydive Chicago doing one of their big way camps (part of their progress toward the 1998 300 way world record event). They had a 6 way base that had the fall rate of a ton of bricks but thats beside the point. Break off of the outer lines was initiated by a member of the base pulling in place, then 3 seconds later another guy pulls in place to to signal breakoff of the middle lines. Well, the first guy's canopy sniveled a bit too long while the 2nd guy's canopy opened pretty quick, and they nearly collided! :o

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

When CRW was new my buddy and I started doing CRW with round canopies (Starlites) just to show up the square crowd. As we progressed we started keying off each other at breakoff and pulling close to each other to save time on the initial dock. On one jump at a Z-Hills Turkeymeet we broke off at about 2500 and pulled right next to each other. As my canopy was inflating above me his was inflating around me, for a pretty good wrap. I was able to kick free, and then came right back for another dock. Extremely stupid???