crashtested

How extreme a skydiver are you

i am intrested in where that is being done!!

DeLand, for one.

There's at least one poster on here that's been pushing boundaries in this sport for longer than most of us have been alive. There are a lot more, but that's the first name that springs to mind. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Jumping with a barbers chair and shaving a guys beard off whilst he was in the chair, which was being held aff style by a couple of guys to keep it stable.

That doesn't sound very cool to me, but it certainly sounds a little gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Thats hilarious :D:D
I nearly spat my coffee out :P Talk about a way to deflate this eXTREME dudes ego :)

I'm with you, NWFlyer......

expanding our limits in terms of curriculum and training, , and improving technology, is where it's at..... :)
... i figured out a looong time ago that Pushing... is fine for lawnmowers, or for when my car is stuck in the snow.....:D

But pushing in skydiving ..can result in being "Pushed Back"...
just look at the accident reports the past few years[:/]... I have always been plenty pleased with the charge i get from jumping..... Unlike some, in the current generation who were brought up , with this rah rah rah attitude.... I am comfortable enough in my masculinity, that I have NO need to impress either myself or others....:P;),, with edgy behavior...

i'll take a one foot stand up landing in the MIDDLE of the pea gravel,, anytime....B|:)

As for swoopers, and rockers, and envelope pushers...
well have at it my friend(s) ..
I do enjoy seeing others performing at the max, as long as they safely survive their adventures.....:o

Otherwise,, they're setting themselves up , for just Pushing Daisies.....:|[:/];);)

Careful, considerate, common sense....man that does it for me!!!!!...and so THAT is what i try to do to the Extreme.....

I have too much going for me, to risk it all trying to impress others, or even myself....... in that scenario there are a number of "impressions" one can make...( and i won't go into the WORST one ) and what the "extremist" deems important, may be considered fool - hardy by others....
Remember, just cause you got through it, and arrived at the ground in one piece,,,may not justify the limits which were pressed.....
and dancing away from trouble this time, is no assurance that it will happen that way, next time ...
to each his own, and to the O P ..."you may place yourself anywhere in your survey that you like..."...that's one of the wonders of skydiving..Just be sure to recognize the impact , certain behaviors may have on the sport, in general......:| and on how the sport is perceived, by the non jumping community, in which we live...

jimmy in New York

...I was trying to get an idea on peoples opinions about pushing the boundrys in the sport, Kind of like the first wingsuit jump, or the first skysurf, or the first 100 way crw, etc etc....

You may be surprised at how "un-Extreeeme" most of the people are who really do push the envelopes in their various disciplines. They tend to be methodical, careful, and very detailed about their work. They may not even drink Mountain Dew. It's been my experience that those who are the "Real Deal" are not usually running around screaming, "Hey y'all, Watch this..."

You did hurt my feelings a little.

I did say again in a post that i used a bad example of pushing the limits, by using low pulls as that example.

The was created mainly to look for people who are in the sport to push boundrys, i am intrested in where that is being done!!

Low pulls are extreme(ly stupid), but low jumps are kinda cool. I guess you're looking for something like the early BASEers...

My actions could only risk myself no one else.

Jumping with a barbers chair and shaving a guys beard off whilst he was in the chair, which was being held aff style by a couple of guys to keep it stable.

I though i'd make it clear so i edited it a bit

There is a serious conflict between these two statements, enough that at first I thought you were joking about this foolish idea. I can think of a few people other people that you might be putting at risk:
-Everyone else on that jump who could get konked in the head with a barber char
-The guy with a beard who gets his face slashed
-Everyone on the ground when that parachute that you seem to have attached to the chair malfunctionsB| (my interpretation of what seems to have been said in your other post when you said "the chair lived". Is this correct?)
Anyone got any others?
I am still entertaining the possibility that this is a joke until I see the video.

Yes, people have jumped with cars and other large objects before, but it was done by professionals with thousands of jumps in a controlled environment (over the unpopulated desert with all the permits in place). Did you really show up at a new DZ in a different country and start talking about this crazy stunt? If that is the truth (which is suspect it is not) then it is not surprising that people were unwelcoming to your ideas
:S

And if you are looking for more attention, you should start another thread asking the canopy experts here what they think about you jumping at a 1.5:1 wingloading with 185 jumps:| (From your profile)

I call bullshit ! "Extreme" wildmen dont have feelings that can be hurt. Although they do have bones that can be crushed and innards that get sqooshed out the arms and legs of their jumpsuits when they get extremely "extreme".

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Seriously he hurt my feelings.....

I call bullshit ! "Extreme" wildmen dont have feelings that can be hurt. Although they do have bones that can be crushed and innards that get sqooshed out the arms and legs of their jumpsuits when they get extremely "extreme".

bozo
"Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars. "

:$

...I was trying to get an idea on peoples opinions about pushing the boundrys in the sport, Kind of like the first wingsuit jump, or the first skysurf, or the first 100 way crw, etc etc....

You may be surprised at how "un-Extreeeme" most of the people are who really do push the envelopes in their various disciplines. They tend to be methodical, careful, and very detailed about their work. They may not even drink Mountain Dew. It's been my experience that those who are the "Real Deal" are not usually running around screaming, "Hey y'all, Watch this..."

I dunno... you know how extreme you crwdogs are when the swoopers come out to watch you guys swoop the Lightnings... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm an extremely extreme skydiver, all my lift tickets stay rolled up, I pull low on every jump, one foot lower then Carbone, I jump gear way older then 20 years old (1964) while drinking all day, I wear my left shoe on my right foot and set my altimeter for an extra 1000 feet high for longer free fall time, I still have a frap wrap on my reserve, I use bent pins, I do 180 hook turns @ 75ft. @ shoot my landings downwind so my dobbie don't go out, I jump with my cypres batteries in backwards & upside down, I haven't repacked my reserve in 5 years and store it in my trunk year round for the last 25 years, you young pups wouldn't know extreme if it bitch slapped you in the face with a Mt. Dew 12 pack.
:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

And if you are looking for more attention, you should start another thread asking the canopy experts here what they think about you jumping at a 1.5:1 wingloading with 185 jumps:| (From your profile)

I think we have had a post about this in the past, do a search. :ph34r: That thread was also XTTTTTTTREEEEEMELY stupid. :ph34r::P
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The was created mainly to look for people who are in the sport to push boundrys, i am intrested in where that is being done!!

Actually its being done all over... here is a link to a lot of really extreme skydiving.

Be sure to get some kewl video.

I have survived a few years in the air... and am just not extreme enough to have any reallly kewl aftermarket titanium parts.

I do know how to go really fast though

I'm an extremely extreme skydiver, all my lift tickets stay rolled up, I pull low on every jump, one foot lower then Carbone, I jump gear way older then 20 years old (1964) while drinking all day, I wear my left shoe on my right foot and set my altimeter for an extra 1000 feet high for longer free fall time, I still have a frap wrap on my reserve, I use bent pins, I do 180 hook turns @ 75ft. @ shoot my landings downwind so my dobbie don't go out, I jump with my cypres batteries in backwards & upside down, I haven't repacked my reserve in 5 years and store it in my trunk year round for the last 25 years, you young pups wouldn't know extreme if it bitch slapped you in the face with a Mt. Dew 12 pack.
:P

:D:D:D:D

And I thought Nipplboy was extreme! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have survived a few years in the air... and am just not extreme enough to have any reallly kewl aftermarket titanium parts.

I have plenty for both of us , Jeannie.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Actually, "Xtreme" is the self label of people that are too lazy to do the real homework that the real pioneers in the sport do, an did, as standard operating procedure. They just want to blindly do the stuff the pros really work hard to understand. (an example of one would be "that guy" who can't even hold a stable headdown who always tries to organize 10 way freefly dives - or tries to invite himself onto one. He hasn't put in the training to get the skill, he just thinks he'll 'nail it' this time)

The ones that do the homework don't call themselves 'extreme', they just love the sport and want to see what's possible.

there is a serious difference between the two (or perhaps a 'difference in seriousness'?)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I did say again in a post that i used a bad example of pushing the limits, by using low pulls as that example.

Jay Moledzki swooped 678 feet at Mile Hi (our thin air is very good for swooping).

Luigi Cani has landed a JVX 37 in Perris Valley.

Dave Barlia, Loic Albert, and a handful of other guys are flying wingsuits at altitudes below 10 feet down ski slopes in the Alps.

Lots of us from all over were extreme enough to get titanium rods, plates, and screws installed.

I have plenty for both of us , Jeannie.

Yeah I know....

but I travel alot and these day all that metal makes the TSA get WAY too twitchie[:/]

There is no way I am climbing anything, I do have a fear of fixed heights.............but the shark diving I can do...........so long as you are the one with the meat strapped to you!!!!

The filming was a blast, especially because of, in spite, of all those people who said it couldn't be done.......
Journey not destination.....

...mainly to look for people who are in the sport to push boundrys, i am intrested in where that is being done!!

With your experience level it sounds like you are "intrested" in going SPLAT.

Take it from someone who did just a very minor SPLAT and ended up with a $50,000 leg full of "kewl titanium alloy parts", it ain't much fun to pay the consequences...

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Within skydiving I find extreme actions or ideas are looked upon in a slightly stranger way, is the sports filled with extreme accountants, who love to push the envolope as long as it all adds up, or do people think that the sport is risky enough without adding some of the above options in*??

HOw do you view yourself as a skydiver,,

How do I see myself? As a skydiver who has seen too many people like you get killed. :| I'm sure you don't care.

Extreme is the most overused word in the USA.

Sorta like "extreme" skateboarding.
Or how 'bout "extreme" car waxing.

Nope, the most overused word over there would be :- Awesome.

I'd say in skydiving...."inherently", is the most overused and misused.
"T'was ever thus."