crashtested

How extreme a skydiver are you

I have just got back from a trip to spain, on it people were surpirsed by some of my actions and ideas, and style of jumping.

In other Extreme sports I participate in my ideas and style are normally looked upon with smiles, banter, and good humour.

Within skydiving I find extreme actions or ideas are looked upon in a slightly stranger way, is the sports filled with extreme accountants, who love to push the envolope as long as it all adds up, or do people think that the sport is risky enough without adding some of the above options in*??

HOw do you view yourself as a skydiver,, is doing the sport extreme enough, without pulling low or doing different things??

Just a thought

In other Extreme sports I participate in my style is normally looked upon with smiles, banter, and good humour.

Are you risking only your life or the possibilty of injuring or killing someone else with your "style".

Please give us examples of your style.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

you sound like you enjoy doing stupid shit.

it is possible to pull low and be safe, it is possible to turn sharp and be safe, to 720 hook and be safe (all this is to be understood as "relatively safe")

you need experience and training to do more "dangerous" stuff "safer"

please describe your "actions and style"

edit to add : i don't fit in your "extreme poll"
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I have just got back from a trip to spain, on it people were surpirsed by some of my actions, and style of jumping.

So, wodya mean? Let's have some examples of what you did that was soooo extreme .....

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

If he was REALLY extreme, he'd lose the e at the front. All caps works better too. Or if you're really extreme, you go with a mix of caps and lower case. XtReMe!!!!

Personally, I wish all those people would take up skateboarding or something, where injuries don't risk the sport to everyone else participating.

Can't really answer the poll either... I don't think pull altitude is a very good measure of XTREMEness... till you get under 2000 with a high performance canopy. I have no problem pulling under 2500 feet on an RW jump, but I am not XTREME to the MAX - DO THE DEW!

Dave

Extreme is the most overused word in the USA.

Sorta like "extreme" skateboarding.
Or how 'bout "extreme" car waxing.

Nope, the most overused word over there would be :- Awesome.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

None of those options are right for me.

Coaching, sure. Push it, no.
I only try something new if I feel that I'm ready for it and if the coach/instructor agrees.

This doesn't mean that I only pull above 5, but that if I want to do something new I work towards it.
If that makes me a wuss, so be it. :)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

If he was REALLY extreme, he'd lose the e at the front. All caps works better too. Or if you're really extreme, you go with a mix of caps and lower case. XtReMe!!!!

Personally, I wish all those people would take up skateboarding or something, where injuries don't risk the sport to everyone else participating.

Can't really answer the poll either... I don't think pull altitude is a very good measure of XTREMEness... till you get under 2000 with a high performance canopy. I have no problem pulling under 2500 feet on an RW jump, but I am not XTREME to the MAX - DO THE DEW!

Dave

Word.

XTReMe to the Max! B|

ROTFLMAO... OK... I couldnt keep my face straight.

Tell us just how extreme you are. Please, we need some entertainment this morning...
Remster

This post reminds me of Harold & Kumar with the stupid guys running around "Extreme!!!" Common' guys, let's go get some fuckin' mountain dews!"

Skydiving is an extreme sport. We are all 'extreme'. Why do you have to pull low and do stupid shit to be considered extreme?

Well, pulling over 4000 sounds pretty extreme and risky and irresponsible to me (for most jumps).

maybe bocci ball is more appropriate

you also seem to confuse the word 'extreme' with idiocy

most people with these standards seems to confuse the "sport" as a 'stunt' - they move on soon enough to other things

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

A better question is why do you have this desire to be labeled as XXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!

I pull low here and there, much less now that I fly a high performance canopy that doesn't allways behave.

I have started swooping, and even though I am conservatively working my way through the learning process I scare the shit out of myself now and then.

I don't think either of these things makes me XTREEEEEEEEEEEME. I don't desire to be labeled as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEEEME. I don't go out of my way to try to be seen as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEME.

Oh but I am an EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEME Tax Accountant. You better wear saftey glasses and a hard hat while walking past my cube, you run a good chance of getting hit in the face with a can of RedBull, or an adding machine as I work at my XXXXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEME feverish pace.

PS. this thread is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREEEEMLY stupid. B|

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The chair lived!!!!

That's a lie.........the chair survived freefall, thanks to some marvellous rigging work and the awesome skills of Mark......

But it didn't survive the petrol and match!!!!
Journey not destination.....