anarki

shoes?

Something comfortable. Personally I'm a huge fan of the skateboard type shoe. It has no ankle support; however, it nice and slick on grass while its still super tacky to the grip tape on the door of the plane (or the step of the 182).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I wear some running shoes...they provide good support and are comfortable. I had some that velcroed in the back....loved them, they were comfortable but as they got older the velcro wore out (which took all of 6 months) and would come undone as I was jumping out of the plane....something to think about anyway.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

True story: During my first AFF jump I was having a little trouble with my legs and keeping them from flopping around and I was wearing big Ipath skate shoes. AFF jump number two I wore vans slip ons and was perfect. Haha. I'm a big fan of the vans...I mean they are aerodynamic and most importantly really cheap.

Something comfortable. Personally I'm a huge fan of the skateboard type shoe. It has no ankle support; however, it nice and slick on grass while its still super tacky to the grip tape on the door of the plane (or the step of the 182).

Yeah definitely skate board shoes, I tried running shoes and then switched to skate type shoes and found the thick, rubber sole was very forgiving on harder than usual landings - great for me as I'm a fat bastard anyway.

Go with AggieDave's suggestion. Best all-around.

Vans seem to popular.
http://www.vans.com/vans/index.asp

Regular: Vans Steve Caballero model
Slip-ons: Vans Iron Maiden model

If you want ankle support, get shoes that have similar bottoms to the skateboard-type shoe.
Ankle support: Van's Kiss model.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

yay for chuck's! i like the high tops because they won't fall off in freefall! don't know why, but every time i wear a pair of regular shoes, i come close to losing them.

on a semi-related note, we had a freefly coach in to our otter boogie a couple years ago (i think it was steve curtis) who lost a shoe on exit at 13500. it landed next to the packing area, well before he did. B| how's that for spotting?

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Sneakers, and make sure they match your jumpsuit. You'll fly better. ;)

Like mine do:ph34r::ph34r: Also helps if your name is embroidered in them;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?