GLIDEANGLE

What do you budget to attend a boogie?

I have searched for this to no avail.

When planning to participate in a boogie, how do you budget? What costs do you consider? How do you control costs?
While I know that replies like "Budget? What is a budget?"B| or "Just sell everything in one room of your house."B| are inevitable... I am seeking concrete feedback on how to anticipate costs and plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Blue skies.

Seeing as this appears to be your 'first' boogie, you need to account for your beer costs!! ;)

Also not mentioned here... some boogies have some poker in the evenings. I tend to budget for that so that Lee can play his 6, 9 and suck out on my pocket KK's... ;):D

Regardless of the cost though, it's a good time and it's great to hang out with great people.

I at least make sure I have enough Heineken in the big cooler so that "maybe I won't notice" how many are missing the next day if I sleep in the tent - which by the way, is an excellent design, but not quite soundproof.

I just laugh in the middle of the night when I hear stealth footsteps close in, cooler 'foop' open, glass rattling among glass & water & ice, and super-soft closing.

Sometimes I say "hey, take two so you don't have to come back so soon - I'm a light sleeper" and laugh.

It's all good, though.;)

Roll Tide Roll

Well, the way I see it, I'm there to have fun, and a few or several beers are not worth getting bent out of shape over. We all know how sometimes ideas we have when we're already drunk wouldn't seem so bright otherwise.

Besides, it's rare that there's someone I really despise around - if there were, I know you don't know me that well, but trust me, they wouldn't dare risk it.
Roll Tide Roll

Ever try CANS!?

Actually, I do like the new Heini-kans lately.

I have joked in the past of putting a note on the top of the cooler stating "One of these bottletops has been removed, and replaced with 50% recycled material...guess which one."

But really, it doesn't happen often enough to worry. There's usually nothing left to steal by late.
Roll Tide Roll

My first boogie I didnt "budget" for heli, balloon and golf cart rental if available. Before going I thought "I wont need that" but once there I was pissed I didnt have the extra cash set aside for it. I equate it to someone getting video on their tandem, after its all over they wish they had. And hell if your there and you dont want any spec aircraft jumps you can buy something shiny for yourself.

I dont see the sarcastic remark smiley face so Im not sure if youre serious.

First off you dont "need" a golf cart, but Ive also had people tell me you dont "need" to skydive.

I think we could have an entire thread of things to do with a golf cart at a boogie, my personal favorite, theyre always fun for a pick-up game of golf cart football. B|

I dont see the sarcastic remark smiley face so Im not sure if youre serious.

First off you dont "need" a golf cart, but Ive also had people tell me you dont "need" to skydive.

I think we could have an entire thread of things to do with a golf cart at a boogie, my personal favorite, theyre always fun for a pick-up game of golf cart football. B|

WTF do you know douglas, the only boogies you goto these days are in your mind..
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I attend most to all of the midwest boogies - Hillbilly, Redemption, WFFC, Couch Freaks, KSUPC, whatever is boogying within an 8'hour drive. I have most of my costs down pat, and I can almost always have a good time on $500.

I budget about $100 for food and travel. I do it cheap; Lunch meat in a cooler, "Big-K" soda, et cetera. I sleep in my car or in a tent, and I don't buy stupid shit. The rest is for jump tickets. $400 is a touch less than 20 jumps, and if I make less than that, I usually top it off with a Tshirt or something.
=========Shaun ==========

last time I went out to eloy it was like 500 for the plane ticket

400 for the tin tent (aka car)
about 150 in food and booze (as I had car and bought bottles of rum)
2000 in jumps

I tended to go out there for team month, but not so much anymore...

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Driving to The Farm every other weekend to play poker and post on dz.com while everyone else is jumping doesnt constitute going to a boogie.

Lee, maybe you can tell the OP what you spend your money on when youre at a boogie... :P:D:D

:Dsame as you:P This past boogie at the farm was all work jumps. Hans worked me like an illegal alien. Saturday night i was in bed at 11pm Man i am getting old. I tried calling you so you could live through me again but yu were probably working like the republican that you are.

Hey Bill. 6 9 is the the new pocket aces:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I am going out to Eloy for the holiday boogie.

Airline tickets were 330 dollars.

I am hoping to find a ride over there from the airport. I will cover the gas but not having a taxi fee will be nice.

I have a rv to crash in for some of the time so that will cut costs a lot.

At least 50 jumps, but I figure some of them will be novelty jumps like a ballon ride so maybe 1500 dollars for jumps.

500 dollars incidentals.

Shit I am going on a trip I can't afford. :P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Update to the boogie costs
Holiday Boogie at Eloy
$152.50 7 Boogie tickets (Includes the $30 registration fee)
$23.50 1 Regular ticket
$102.11 Enterprise Rent a car
$359.00 Southwest Airlines
$220.00 SkyVentureAZ 15 minutes in the wind tunnel
$41.10 Total for food
$20.00 Bar tab? I think
Total cost: 918.21

No bail, No morning after pill
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

Didn't need a condom this time around...
Slim pickings. Actually, I didn't find anyone "friendly"
I guess I am getting old?
Seriously though, I want to keep this thread going.
I wish people will post serious and detailed responses
I have an itemized list of almost every single expense from my first AFF jump to the latest boogie. I guess I am the only one.
Thanks for the tip
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

Update to the boogie costs
A week in Z-Hills
$159.20 Southwest airlines:flight to Tampa
$95 Ride to Z-Hills from airport and back
$275 For 11 jumps ($25/jump)
$71.20 Cost of food and drinks (oh-so-many drinks) for 6 and a half days
$0 Lodging (Tent)
For a grand total of: $600.40

Things to consider here: