GLIDEANGLE

What do you budget to attend a boogie?

I'd say it cost about $200-250 a day for a boogie, give or take. The biggest factors being hotels/tent and transportation there (flight/car). This has been my general experience. I'll keep a tab on what I spend in 4 days in Fitzgerald in March and post back here if I remember to dig up this thread.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I'd say it cost about $200-250 a day for a boogie, give or take. The biggest factors being hotels/tent and transportation there (flight/car). This has been my general experience. I'll keep a tab on what I spend in 4 days in Fitzgerald in March and post back here if I remember to dig up this thread.

No. I refuse to check what I spend. I will then have to factor in shit like what I paid the hair lady to dye my hair and the IRS doesn't appreciate receipts that say "hookers and blow".

some of us folks like a bit of comfort, and say, very expensive bar-tabs.. B|

Then what is the comfort for when you are going to be passing out anyway? :D I say tent it and spend the money on the alcohol!!

I did rent an RV to go to Summerfest this year but that's bc I brought the woman. Good call bc we got one hell of a rain storm that washed out tents and we were quite cozy. She also did her first 2 skydives :)
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

How do you survive on 71 dollars for food and drinks over 6 days ? Hell i'll spend 71 dollars a day on drinks/beer ? wow:o

I was about to say - that sounds like a bar tab at dinner.

I'll keep an eye on how much I spend for the swoop meet in Z-hills upcoming. I am afraid to look.

How do you survive on 71 dollars for food and drinks over 6 days ? Hell i'll spend 71 dollars a day on drinks/beer ? wow:o

I was wondering that too... I was at zhills for 5 days over christmas... Ate PB&J and lunchables and poptarts for most of the trips and Im still pretty sure I spent more than that on food...

I was wondering that too... I was at zhills for 5 days over christmas... Ate PB&J and lunchables and poptarts for most of the trips and Im still pretty sure I spent more than that on food...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You have a cheap boyfriend.:D:D

:D:D he kept himself fed, and offered to buy me food too. But that seemed silly when I had PB&J in my car :P

:D:D he kept himself fed, and offered to buy me food too. But that seemed silly when I had PB&J in my car :P

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
I do like PB&J myself.:)

Maybe he brought MRE's!!!

but drinks for a week! I cant buy alcohol, but I hear it gets expensive......

and MREs arent a bad idea next time I go to a boogie... PB&J gets boring...

MREs are expensive, compaired to how you can eat cheaper...

Not to mention LOADED with calories, and you never get full.

I have a couple laying around here, saving them for a rainy day...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I don't keep it exactly itemized because then I would just depress myself. I love skydiving, I just don't like thinking about paying for it.

One day I will put up all the expenses and really depress the crap out of you. However, I take no responsibility for any resulting depression. ;)
I found that if I plan carefully, I get to do more with my meager resources. Didn't mean to cause distress.
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

I don't keep it exactly itemized because then I would just depress myself. I love skydiving, I just don't like thinking about paying for it.

One day I will put up all the expenses and really depress the crap out of you. However, I take no responsibility for any resulting depression. ;)
I found that if I plan carefully, I get to do more with my meager resources. Didn't mean to cause distress.

Hahaha, I mean I have a general idea in terms of tens of thousands that I have spent, but knowing it to the exact cent? Eh. Maybe I will keep better records this year for curiosity sake.

I look at how much I have in the bank and my budget it that amount minus $1. lock the thread there's your answer.:D:D:D:D

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Z-Hills Swoop Comp Numbers:

Plane ticket $199.10 - $100.17 (refunded due to blizzard) = $98.93
Baggage - $15.00
Hotel - $152.58 / 2 = $76.29
Comp registration + 4 jumps = $175.00
Rental car - $106.89 (story at bottom)
Packer - $26.00
Incidentals and food - $124.74 + $50cash I probably spent
Gas to get home - $102.73

That should cover most things - Total = $775.58 or roughly $193.90 per jump.

Given the people I was hanging out with, and what I learned........well worth it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. However I want FL weather to cooperate next time.

Could have cost me more, but Hertz screwed up the transition on the rental car contract to drive back to Baltimore from Zhills so badly they just canceled the extra $150 off my card, which I am thankful for. It ended up costing the same as the refunded flight...less the 1200 mile drive home.

Update to the boogie costs
Holiday Boogie at Eloy
$152.50 7 Boogie tickets (Includes the $30 registration fee)
$23.50 1 Regular ticket
$102.11 Enterprise Rent a car
$359.00 Southwest Airlines
$220.00 SkyVentureAZ 15 minutes in the wind tunnel
$41.10 Total for food
$20.00 Bar tab? I think
Total cost: 918.21

No bail, No morning after pill

Update to boogie costs
Carolinafest 2011
$50 Registration
$127.89 Gas
$75 Speeding ticket
$36.90 Beer
$650 Jump tickets at $26 a ticket
$7 Condoms
$3 Whipped cream
$17 Nipple clamps
$48.69 Food
$6.19 McDonalds (not included in food because it is not. Seriously disgusting)
$64 STD test
$20 to pitch in for bail(again)
Total cost 1105.67
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

Update to the boogie costs
Holiday Boogie at Eloy
$152.50 7 Boogie tickets (Includes the $30 registration fee)
$23.50 1 Regular ticket
$102.11 Enterprise Rent a car
$359.00 Southwest Airlines
$220.00 SkyVentureAZ 15 minutes in the wind tunnel
$41.10 Total for food
$20.00 Bar tab? I think
Total cost: 918.21

No bail, No morning after pill

Update to boogie costs
Carolinafest 2011
$50 Registration
$127.89 Gas
$75 Speeding ticket
$36.90 Beer
$650 Jump tickets at $26 a ticket
$7 Condoms
$3 Whipped cream
$17 Nipple clamps
$48.69 Food
$6.19 McDonalds (not included in food because it is not. Seriously disgusting)
$64 STD test
$20 to pitch in for bail(again)
Total cost 1105.67

looks like your STD testing is getting more expensive...... :P

I'm with all of those who say don't think really about. I usually plan on spending anywhere from $200-$500 on a boogie. I sleep in a tent, usually carpool, and I dont jump much at boogies, mainly just party. Plus, I usually don't have to buy my own drinks (yay being a girl;)) So boogies are pretty cheap for me. B|