1 1
Phil1111

GOP hopefuls, DeSantis and other Nutjobs

27 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Who, other than the Trumpanzee morons, are suggesting THAT?

Somebody on CNN I wasn't paying particular attention. trump made the comment that since he won't be convicted, "he won't have to pardon himself".

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

In America there is talk that even if trump is convicted of all of the crimes he committed. He should not go to prison because the image that a president behind bars is too divisive.

How would like to be one of his secret service agents stuck in a cell with him.

(edited)
5 hours ago, lippy said:

For someone who condemns sodomy in no uncertain terms, Slim does love to talk about Grinder

26 minutes ago, johnhking1 said:

I dunno Slim has the dirty details on affairs like that.

Edited by Phil1111

54 minutes ago, johnhking1 said:

After Jan 6 I think a lot of them should be in the cell with him. Unbelievable after all of this fucking around that voila!, he draws Judge Cannon. If she tosses Corcoran's notes or some other similar BS I am going to cork.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If he did what he's accused of (and it sure seems like he did), he needs to suffer the consequences.
The idea that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL basically says that no one is above the law.
The DOJ policy that an unimpeached President cannot be indicted is abhorrent.

There are quite a few high ranking government folks that have gone to prison (State Governors, Congressional Representatives, ect). Pretending that the President is different is just flat out wrong.

"On political corruption, we are going to restore honor to our government. In my administration, I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law.";  D. Trump, 18 August 2016, In Charlotte, NC.  Video available.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kallend said:

"On political corruption, we are going to restore honor to our government. In my administration, I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law.";  D. Trump, 18 August 2016, In Charlotte, NC.  Video available.

1) "He never said that!  Fake news!"
2) "OK maybe he said that, but he clearly meant that DEMOCRATS should not be above the law.  Like Hillary's emails."
3) "Obama said it first."

7 hours ago, grimmie said:

You would think the USA would hold presidents to the highest of standards, not the lowest.

Well Italy is a close second. Bunga Bunga Berlusconi was the full equal in corruption, underage sex, prostitutes, etc. He used the legal system just like trump does. He died yesterday, a three time corrupt leader. Italy is going to give him a full state funeral. What a joke. Holding up politicians like Berlusconi and trump in any sort of honorific position is disgusting.

Berlusconi, a conservative, polarized voters yet he created a base, like trump that loved him.

10 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I was in Italy right before the 2016 election. At least one cab driver/train co-rider (whoever) said something like "if you elect Trump, maybe we can live down Berlusconi."

Wendy P.

The parallels between US and Italian politics is striking. Here is a quote from a NPR story 2009.

""A culture of illegality has taken hold. We no longer have an ethical role model. We no longer want to follow the rules and respect the law and the constitution. We are in disarray, and we have given up. We have lost sight of our basic civil rights," Patarca says.

Berlusconi is fond of saying, "Italians like me the way I am."

Through two decades of TV dominance, many analysts say he has, in fact, reshaped Italian culture and values into his own image."  Berlusconi was a billionaire media baron who controlled all the major TV stations. Like trump-FOX viewers, Putin and RTV, his base never got news of his corruption.

46 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Well Italy is a close second. Bunga Bunga Berlusconi was the full equal in corruption, underage sex, prostitutes, etc. He used the legal system just like trump does. He died yesterday, a three time corrupt leader. Italy is going to give him a full state funeral. What a joke.

I thought Italy had a precedent for the funerals of corrupt politicians, i.e. the funeral of Mussolini.

On 6/11/2023 at 3:15 PM, JoeWeber said:

If she tosses Corcoran's notes or some other similar BS I am going to cork.

Under CIPA prosecutors have a right for immediate appeal to 11th Circuit to maintain a speedy trial. CIPA is the law that governs how trial judges are to deal with cases involving classified materials.

However, I am not sure of an adverse Corcoran ruling would fall under CIPA.

However, the Corcoran issue was already rule don by the 11th Circuit and I am not sure if there is even an ability for AC to rule on it again.

Hi folks,

The first GOP debate is two weeks away.  I got looking into it & found this nugget:   and sign a pledge agreeing to support the eventual party nominee.

When is first Republican debate? Date, participants in primary event (usatoday.com)

Since he is known for his lies, do you think he [ Trump ] would support any other candidate, if he does not get the nomination?

IMO he will just cry rigged election, I was robbed, etc.  Lots to pick from.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
7 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Since he is known for his lies, do you think he [ Trump ] would support any other candidate, if he does not get the nomination?

A malignant narcissist supporting someone other than himself?

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Edited by ryoder
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

The first GOP debate is two weeks away.  I got looking into it & found this nugget:   and sign a pledge agreeing to support the eventual party nominee.

When is first Republican debate? Date, participants in primary event (usatoday.com)

IMO he will just cry rigged election, I was robbed, etc.  Lots to pick from.

Jerry Baumchen

With the expected lockdown on the criminal case information, how can you participate in a debate from jail?

No way in hell Trump can NOT violate the coming rules from the judge.

"Call from an inmate at the Federal Prison institution. Will you accept the charge?"

• Like 1

So most of the nutjobs with a spattering of organisms with backbones will gather tonight for their performances before right wing America.

Real policy to address immigration, the economy will likely be absent. Attacks on WOKE ideas will keep most busy.

Yawn ......For any foreigners who may watch the real reasons as to why America is on the wrong track will be on full display. Imagine playing the debate on prime time a century from now.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 12:06 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

If Trump were to be re-elected:  The idea is to remove some limits to the president's power

Remind you of anyone?  Hint;  his first name was Adolph.

Trump allies want federal civil servants to serve the president, not the agency. : NPR

Jerry Baumchen

This is why trump is so dangerous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

So most of the nutjobs with a spattering of organisms with backbones will gather tonight for their performances before right wing America.

Real policy to address immigration, the economy will likely be absent. Attacks on WOKE ideas will keep most busy.

Yawn ......For any foreigners who may watch the real reasons as to why America is on the wrong track will be on full display. Imagine playing the debate on prime time a century from now.

History is unlikely to be kind to a nation that rewards bigots, racists, science deniers, conspiracy theorists, con-men, and liars, and which panders (with pride)  to the basest inclinations of the most poorly educated segment of society.

The debate laid bare exactly how radical the GOP has become. Mr. Ramaswamy currently in third place in the GOP polling had this to say: He is going to shut down the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service and the Education Department.

Mr. Ramaswamy said that if elected he would stop all U.S. funding to help Ukraine fight back against Russia. “I have a news flash,” he told Mr. Pence. “The U.S.S.R. does not exist anymore. It fell back in 1990.”

Both he and DeSantis have gone all anit-WOKE and the GOP base loves it.

17 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The debate laid bare exactly how radical the GOP has become. Mr. Ramaswamy currently in third place in the GOP polling had this to say: He is going to shut down the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service and the Education Department.

Mr. Ramaswamy said that if elected he would stop all U.S. funding to help Ukraine fight back against Russia. “I have a news flash,” he told Mr. Pence. “The U.S.S.R. does not exist anymore. It fell back in 1990.”

Both he and DeSantis have gone all anit-WOKE and the GOP base loves it.

Hi Phil,

Ramaswamy is trying to out-Trump Trump.  I doubt that it will work.  He is probably looking for the V-P nod.

Jerry Baumchen