1 1
Phil1111

GOP hopefuls, DeSantis and other Nutjobs

24 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Ramaswamy is trying to out-Trump Trump.  I doubt that it will work.  He is probably looking for the V-P nod.

Jerry Baumchen

There's a fair amount of speculation that they ALL are.

No clue why, Pence had to actively fight being involved in a criminal conspiracy, and the mob wanted to hang him.
(still kinda sorry they never got their hands on him)

Hi folks,

Looks like DeSantis is not as popular as he thought:  He was forced to step back from the microphone

Jacksonville shooting: DeSantis booed at vigil for victims of racist attack - BBC News

IMO a well-deserved response.

Now, we need some crowds to turn on Trump; how about a 'crowd' of 12?

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I believe that they are all hoping Trump will crash and burn and are positioning themselves for the aftermath.

While Trump thinks he will win the election and wipe all of his crimes away. Retribution on everyone and every Federal department he has been or felt that he has been slighted by, and will end our ability to elect anyone else.

Our democracy is dead if Trump wins the election. Seriously.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, normiss said:

While Trump thinks he will win the election and wipe all of his crimes away. Retribution on everyone and every Federal department he has been or felt that he has been slighted by, and will end our ability to elect anyone else.

It may already be dead, don't have too much hope. Today at the local UPS store I was entertained by an ignorant jackass wearing a bright red DeSantis 2024 hat. How can we have a democracy when such a high percentage of voters are so ignorant that they stand in line to send obvious cult masters their money and loyalty? No sane person can have any doubt that Trump is a wide ranging criminal and an insurrectionist who cares not a whit for else than himself and is absolutely guilty of every charge leveled against him. But goddamn if there isn't a chance that he'll skate again and be our next President. Son-of-a-bitch.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, normiss said:

What about DeSantis and Ramaswamy? Say trump is convicted and enough legal scholars persuade the GOP not to nominate him. trump angles for pardons for his endorsement to his fellow insurrectionists.

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It may already be dead, don't have too much hope. Today at the local UPS store I was entertained by an ignorant jackass wearing a bright red DeSantis 2024 hat. How can we have a democracy when such a high percentage of voters are so ignorant that they stand in line to send obvious cult masters their money and loyalty? No sane person can have any doubt that Trump is a wide ranging criminal and an insurrectionist who cares not a whit for else than himself and is absolutely guilty of every charge leveled against him. But goddamn if there isn't a chance that he'll skate again and be our next President. Son-of-a-bitch.

There you are again all defeatist because you've had to go back to the Costco rum. Its clear that there has always been a large segment of the electorate thats always been ignorant and cult inclined. After all look at christian America!

Even the teflon don can't beat the array of charges and lawyers lined up against him. Can't beat the modest numbers of independent voters and democrats. The GOP is in a corner and the rats are all awoke, anti-abortion, gun-tied to old losing white men. The giant sucking sound is all the cash going to trump to spend on lawyers not campaigning. In 2024 Dems will be talking issues while republicans will be talking trial issues.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

What about DeSantis and Ramaswamy? Say trump is convicted and enough legal scholars persuade the GOP not to nominate him. trump angles for pardons for his endorsement to his fellow insurrectionists.

There you are again all defeatist because you've had to go back to the Costco rum. Its clear that there has always been a large segment of the electorate thats always been ignorant and cult inclined. After all look at christian America!

Even the teflon don can't beat the array of charges and lawyers lined up against him. Can't beat the modest numbers of independent voters and democrats. The GOP is in a corner and the rats are all awoke, anti-abortion, gun-tied to old losing white men. The giant sucking sound is all the cash going to trump to spend on lawyers not campaigning. In 2024 Dems will be talking issues while republicans will be talking trial issues.

You're right, I need to take a tighter grip.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 8.52.53 AM.png

So trump has come out with a new platform once re-elected. A 10%  tax on all imports. Obviously pandering to his ignorant base. The US is a part of many trade treaties that preclude this. It would cost US consumers 1/3 of a billion per year and cut GDP by .7%.

But for the uneducated its a winner. It creates more US jobs! But wait the US is at full employment now, never matter, illegal immigrants will fill the shortfall. Its so nutty that a person has to wonder if Ramaswamy didn't dream it up.

54 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So trump has come out with a new platform once re-elected. A 10%  tax on all imports. Obviously pandering to his ignorant base. The US is a part of many trade treaties that preclude this. It would cost US consumers 1/3 of a billion per year and cut GDP by .7%.

But for the uneducated its a winner. It creates more US jobs! But wait the US is at full employment now, never matter, illegal immigrants will fill the shortfall. Its so nutty that a person has to wonder if Ramaswamy didn't dream it up.

We now live in a Dumbocracy. It'll soon be permanent  because the Bozo's are breeding faster than anyone with a shred of smarts. If you Canookians were more practical you'd be buying up that discounted border wall material.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

We now live in a Dumbocracy. It'll soon be permanent  because the Bozo's are breeding faster than anyone with a shred of smarts. If you Canookians were more practical you'd be buying up that discounted border wall material.

In recent trips home, it's obvious that the Canadians aren't immune to this either.  

Speaker's Corner Idiocracy watch-party anyone?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

So trump has come out with a new platform once re-elected. A 10%  tax on all imports.

There is nothing poiticians like better than more taxes.  And this one is one republicans will love because it hits the poor the hardest,  (The rich don't care if prices go up at Wal-Mart.)  It's all part of Agenda 47.

9 minutes ago, billvon said:

There is nothing poiticians like better than more taxes.  And this one is one republicans will love because it hits the poor the hardest,  (The rich don't care if prices go up at Wal-Mart.)  It's all part of Agenda 47.

Hi Bill,

Absolute proof that he is delusional & not qualified to be POTUS.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, lippy said:

In recent trips home, it's obvious that the Canadians aren't immune to this either.  

Speaker's Corner Idiocracy watch-party anyone?

You were obviously in ALBERTA! hahaha For non-Canadians thats where the anti-vax "Freedom Convoy" originated from. Its premier Danielle Smith. "Smith said on May 9, after past comments surfaced in which she equated those vaccinated against COVID-19 to Nazi supporters and said she would not wear a Remembrance Day poppy out of disgust for pandemic restrictions imposed by political leaders"

Mrs. Smith is a MTG lite.

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Its been true for about forty years that as education goes up the number of kids (fertility rate) goes down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

So trump has come out with a new platform once re-elected...

Why?

He never really had a platform.

For the 2020 election, the Rs just reprinted the 2016 paperwork. 

Including the parts that said (more or less) "Stop all the policies of the current President".

Which, in 2016 was Obama, but in 2020 was Trump.

So the 2020 platform actually said they wanted to stop Trump's policies.

What makes you think they're going to be any more organized or coherent?

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Yup. 'specially in Alberta, but not just there.

I’ve been back to northern Cape Breton, but the fisherman there (who are some of my oldest and dearest friends) are often pretty comparable to AB oilfield people in terms of political ideology. 

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Why?

He never really had a platform.

For the 2020 election, the Rs just reprinted the 2016 paperwork. 

Including the parts that said (more or less) "Stop all the policies of the current President".

Which, in 2016 was Obama, but in 2020 was Trump.

So the 2020 platform actually said they wanted to stop Trump's policies.

What makes you think they're going to be any more organized or coherent?

A continuous supply of red meat keeps the bellies full when the minds are empty.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Vivek Ramaswamy has vowed to fire 75% of the federal workforce and eliminate entire agencies. He has further stated that its an executive decision that requires no vote in congress.

No word yet if the banana tree will replace the stars on the US flag.

Hi Phil,

Only a total idiot would say such.  Each & every one of them could sue.  It would take the courts yrs to finish.

Nixon considered putting all feds into the Soc. Sec. System & eliminate the fed retirement system.  Smarter minds prevailed and he dropped the idea.  

Jerry Baumchen, 

PS)  But, it does sound good to the uneducated, who are his audience.

11 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

75% of the federal workforce

Out of curiosity, what is the typical party affiliation spread of the federal workforce

I suspect that not many of these workers would take kindly to being told "Vote for me and if I win you lose your job".

2 hours ago, Erroll said:

Out of curiosity, what is the typical party affiliation spread of the federal workforce

I suspect that not many of these workers would take kindly to being told "Vote for me and if I win you lose your job".

I'd guess mostly Dems. except for military and LEO. But FBI in with dems.

14 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Only a total idiot would say such.  Each & every one of them could sue.  It would take the courts yrs to finish.

Nixon considered putting all feds into the Soc. Sec. System & eliminate the fed retirement system.  Smarter minds prevailed and he dropped the idea.  

Jerry Baumchen, 

PS)  But, it does sound good to the uneducated, who are his audience.

The GOP hopefuls are falling over themselves appealing to the poorly educated.

8 hours ago, Erroll said:

Hi Erroll,

While no one ever polled us, I would guess 65% to 75% were Democrats.  The others were mostly GOP members that were more middle of the road than the MAGA idiots.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen
  • Like 2

Ron DeSantis is appealing to the uneducated GOP base again.

"the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended on Tuesday that everyone six months and older who had not received a Covid-19 shot in the last two months receive a booster vaccine." ..."Mr. DeSantis’s administration advised that Florida residents under the age of 65 skip the updated boosters."...I will not stand by and let the F.D.A. and C.D.C. use healthy Floridians as guinea pigs for new booster shots,

Appealing to the base for votes. Keeping the Florida deficit down by eliminating Florida residents . Assisting new Florida immigrants by opening up newly vacant homes for them to move into. Its a Win, Win, Win.

Edited by Phil1111