2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

when has that ever stopped the U.S.

It hasn't and likely never will but that's simply because we give lip service only to International Conventions. Some nations take such things seriously. I would howl with laughter if some innocent world leader was sent swirling down the Trump Toilet just from taking his call.

• Like 1

Well, it's pretty obvious that Trump follows copyright laws as much and as well as any other law.

For those who haven't seen or heard of it (I don't follow Twitter and hadn't heard about it until this):

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics/twitter-donald-trump-nickelback-tweet-copyright-complaint-trnd/index.html

25 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

That bastion of the left, Fox News, confirms trumps behaviour is impeachable

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-trump-attacks-presidency

The comments under that article show the problem. Trumps base will simply refuse to accept any idea of wrongdoing, simply because he’s not a Democrat.

Unfortunately I suspect many in the senate will act the same way.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

That bastion of the left, Fox News, confirms trumps behaviour is impeachable

from the article "The president’s allusions to violence are palpably dangerous. They will give cover to crazies who crave violence, as other intemperate words of his have done."

This right here is the really scary part.  There are plenty of nut jobs out there who will think they are defending the president by answering his calls for violence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick said:

from the article "The president’s allusions to violence are palpably dangerous. They will give cover to crazies who crave violence, as other intemperate words of his have done."

This right here is the really scary part.  There are plenty of nut jobs out there who will think they are defending the president by answering his calls for violence.

Do you mean like the guy who assaulted the kid who didn't remove his hat for the Star Spangled Banner? Gave him a skull fracture. 
Claimed he was 'acting on orders from his Commander in Chief'.

• Like 1

From the WSJ comes confirmation that Trump withheld aid from Ukraine to force them to investigate a political rival.  From a Republican senator, even.

=======

In an interview, Sen. Ron Johnson (R., Wis.) said he learned of a potential quid pro quo from the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, who told him that aid to Ukraine was tied to the desire by Mr. Trump and his allies to have Kyiv undertake investigations that the president has sought.

=======

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49930863

Text from a top Diplomat in the US Embassy in Ukraine to the Ambassador to the EU:

"As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign."

Text from US - Ukraine envoy:

"Heard from White House - assuming President Z convinces Trump he will investigate / 'get to the bottom of what happened in 2016, we will nail down a date for visit to Washington. Good luck!"

Gun, meet smoke?

2 hours ago, normiss said:

We cannot be trusted.

Hi Mark,

“If Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey,” the president tweeted."

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/07/syria-congress-challenge-trump-038149

Let's see what the one with 'great and unmatched wisdom' does now that his party is not with him.

Jerry Baumchen

11 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

“If Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey,” the president tweeted."

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/07/syria-congress-challenge-trump-038149

Let's see what the one with 'great and unmatched wisdom' does now that his party is not with him.

Jerry Baumchen

Well, he got ammunition to the military. Cause when he took over the military had no ammunition.

We don't have ammunition

Hi folks,

Recently SkyDekker & I were posting about not being able to indict a sitting president.

It would seem as that 'accepted practice' might now get adjudicated: 

'In a 75-page ruling on Monday, Judge Victor Marrero sharply rejected longstanding Department of Justice opinions that say a president cannot be indicted or prosecuted while in office, calling their conclusions "not warranted" or backed up by the authority of the courts. '

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/07/lawsuit-trump-tax-returns-037121

This could get very interesting.

Jerry Baumchen

I have to say it's rather amusing (not really) that Trump has taken an opinion of the Justice Dept, and both given it the full weight of law, and expanded it from 'cannot be indicted or prosecuted' to 'cannot be investigated' and 'has immunity'. 

As noted in the article, being prevented from investigating Trump also prevents investigating his family and associates. Since when were those people part of the Justice Dept's opinion memo?