2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I hope you are not referring to me.  I don't think Trump is evil, I don't think Trump is some sort of Machiavellian genius.  I think Trump is an IDIOT, full stop.  I think Trump is nothing more than a simple organism guided by an endocrine response.  If it feels good, it must be good, if it feels bad, it must be bad.  Trump intellect operates on a level no higher than that of an earthworm.  It should tell you something that our county chose an earthworm over the alternative and will again if the Ds don't get their house in order.

That your country picked Trump over Clinton does indeed say something about your country....but not what you are implying.

To your Kennedy issue. What do you suggest is done? I agree that it is wrong as stated in the article. Both Kennedy and Tunny are dead. Do you think current issues should be stopped until historical issues have been completely addressed? I am not really sure what your point is?

1 hour ago, DJL said:

Also remember that Senate impeachment proceedings would be led by Mitch McConnell

I know this is a bit of a semantics piece, but that isn't technically correct. Pelosi will handle impeachment proceedings. If it gets to Senate, the Impeachment has already taken place. At that point the Chief Justice will preside over the trial of the Impeachment in Senate.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

I know this is a bit of a semantics piece, but that isn't technically correct. Pelosi will handle impeachment proceedings. If it gets to Senate, the Impeachment has already taken place. At that point the Chief Justice will preside over the trial of the Impeachment in Senate.

Got it.   If it gets to the Senate they make the rules for almost everything from how it's run to what type of evidence is admissible.  It's not run like a Court.  That's all I know as I'm just regurgitating what I read.

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

Got it.   If it gets to the Senate they make the rules for almost everything from how it's run to what type of evidence is admissible.  It's not run like a Court.  That's all I know as I'm just regurgitating what I read.

So screw the Senate. Sometimes you need to burn a site, just because.

6 minutes ago, DJL said:

Yes it is a fully political process.

Hence why I believe the president of the United States is above that law while president. At a minimum he is above all federal laws. He cannot be indicted while president and he can only be removed through a political process. It is unclear if he has the power to pardon himself prior to leaving office. However he certainly can step down and be pardoned by his vice-president.

31 minutes ago, DJL said:

Edited for clarity.

What other options are available at this point. How should this be handled?

A whistleblower has made allegations against the President which the IG deemed to be credible and urgent. What do you believe should be the next step?

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

That your country picked Trump over Clinton does indeed say something about your country....but not what you are implying.

To your Kennedy issue. What do you suggest is done? I agree that it is wrong as stated in the article. Both Kennedy and Tunny are dead. Do you think current issues should be stopped until historical issues have been completely addressed? I am not really sure what your point is?

It was just an example of hypocrisy.  A pox on both their houses.  

33 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

What other options are available at this point. How should this be handled?

A whistleblower has made allegations against the President which the IG deemed to be credible and urgent. What do you believe should be the next step?

My comment was to change the text of your comment from "Yes it is a fully political process." to "Yes it is a zoo." agreeing that the impeachment process and it's shortcomings is a zoo that puts the President above the law.  The next step is to make the case crystal clear, if they can't then they need to drop it because at this point even moderate Republicans see him as having done nothing that Biden and Obama didn't do.  Nevermind that Biden's request was in the interest of removing a corrupt investigator who wasn't doing anything and Obama had no part of the investigation into Manafort that began 2 years before he was part of the Trump campaign.

6 hours ago, DJL said:

To me that looks like the issue was covering up for Trump rather than the actual content of the conversation.  When will people learn that they end up in jail for doing this and Trump washes his hands of them.

Yes, but remember that several times in that call Trump explicitly asks for follow up calls by Giuliani and Barr(?) to hammer out the details. 

What did they talk about? From the last few years we know how flexible Giuliani's relationship with legality and morality is - I want to see a transcript of those calls! That mad bastard is likely to say just about anything.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes it is a fully political process.

Hence why I believe the president of the United States is above that law while president. At a minimum he is above all federal laws. 

It is ironic, given the aims of the US Constitution, that the sitting president is treated so much like a Monarch. 

16 hours ago, jakee said:

Yes, but remember that several times in that call Trump explicitly asks for follow up calls by Giuliani and Barr(?) to hammer out the details. 

What did they talk about? From the last few years we know how flexible Giuliani's relationship with legality and morality is - I want to see a transcript of those calls! That mad bastard is likely to say just about anything.

I get it but I think this is more about why we can't have an idiot as the President, he's chasing down Fox News conspiracy theories about a political opponent on an open conversation.  This wasn't done in secret, he's very much aware that all conversations are recorded.  The effort to hide anything happened when he got off the phone and it was by his staff.  Much of Trump's motivation is based upon the misconception that Biden was trying to STOP an investigation into his son's company.  That's not the case at all but if it were true then the US Govt would be very justified to look into that.  Therefore Trump thinks and would be correct in looking into it.

Also, it's OK for the President to pursue investigations just like it was OK for the FBI to pursue investigations into those working with Trump during the elections.  BUT, it becomes really fuckin' murky after that and that's why I'm trying to ignore this whole thing for a while as it develops.  Was it legal for Giuliani to be involved?  Is there ANY validity to illegal actions involving Hunter Biden?  If there IS a valid reason for investigating is it wrong for a President to discuss that over the phone?  Trump believes all of this Fox News bullshit is true and I'll bet that nobody on his staff tells him otherwise.  Therefore he sees no reason why he shouldn't personally talk about what he understands to be true.

Holy shit, I'm in his head and it's a scary place to be.

14 minutes ago, DJL said:

I get it but I think this is more about why we can't have an idiot as the President, he's chasing down Fox News conspiracy theories about a political opponent on an open conversation.  This wasn't done in secret, he's very much aware that all conversations are recorded.  The effort to hide anything happened when he got off the phone and it was by his staff.  Much of Trump's motivation is based upon the misconception that Biden was trying to STOP an investigation into his son's company.  That's not the case at all but if it were true then the US Govt would be very justified to look into that.  Therefore Trump thinks and would be correct in looking into it.

oldened Also, it's OK for the President to pursue investigations just like it was OK for the FBI to pursue investigations into those working with Trump during the elections.  BUT, it becomes really fuckin' murky after that and that's why I'm trying to ignore this whole thing for a while as it develops.  Was it legal for Giuliani to be involved?  Is there ANY validity to illegal actions involving Hunter Biden?  If there IS a valid reason for investigating is it wrong for a President to discuss that over the phone?  Trump believes all of this Fox News bullshit is true and I'll bet that nobody on his staff tells him otherwise.  Therefore he sees no reason why he shouldn't personally talk about what he understands to be true.

Holy shit, I'm in his head and it's a scary place to be.

Maybe. Also maybe he's so emboldened by a limp noodle D party, and now that he has a toy dog for an AG he simply doesn't see a reason to have an inside voice. Maybe you are just buying into his next line of defense: "If the President doesn't know it's wrong when he does it, it's not illegal."

5 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

"If the President doesn't know it's wrong when he does it, it's not illegal."

Bingo.  That's basically what this is all about.  He really thinks, and is being told be every source in his bubble, that there is a legitimate reason to personally persue these things.

For the Democrats, this has never been about getting to the truth or about serving their constituents, all this is about for them is power and an inexplicable hatred and rage towards DT.

Joe Biden has acknowledged on camera that, when he was vice president, he successfully pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the natural gas firm Burisma Holding where Biden's son Hunter had a highly lucrative role on the board...

Everyone can speculate what DT "meant" with his phone call, but when you get down to it, there was no quid pro quo... Biden is the one who actually extorted a foreign nation by withholding US support.

18 minutes ago, jacobdouglastx said:

For the Democrats, this has never been about getting to the truth or about serving their constituents, all this is about for them is power and an inexplicable hatred and rage towards DT.

Joe Biden has acknowledged on camera that, when he was vice president, he successfully pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the natural gas firm Burisma Holding where Biden's son Hunter had a highly lucrative role on the board...

Everyone can speculate what DT "meant" with his phone call, but when you get down to it, there was no quid pro quo... Biden is the one who actually extorted a foreign nation by withholding US support.

Thank you. I knew I was missing something.

17 minutes ago, jacobdouglastx said:

Oh dear. DO you work for fox?