2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

Giuliani subpoenaed, Ukranian officials who he met with making statements that indicate he was quite explicit that he was looking for dirt on Biden and had zero interest in anything else to do with their local politics.  This snowball is rolling down the hill real fast.

Also, if you want a good laugh, look at McCarthy get murdered on 60 Minutes.  It's all over the interwebs.  These guys have no defense at all. 

Well, in a not terribly surprising statement, Senator Ron Johnson is more troubled by the leaking of the whistle blower complaint than by Trump's actions.

"That's just how he talks", referring to Trump.

Of course it is. He's a crook and he talks like one.

Story:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/26/senate-republican-ron-johnson-wisconsin-said-thursday-while-president-trumps-critics-putting-worst-p/3779606002/

Stolen from somewhere else, but I thought worth repeating 

“This is a recording. Please listen because our excuses change. Press 1 for Hillary. Press 2 for Obama. Press 3 for Liberals. Press 4 for 'Lamestream media'. Press 5 for 'Deepstate' and press 6 for Soros.”

Well, in a rather surprising development, a prominent R is now defending the whistle blower.

Trump has been repeatedly calling for the W/B to come out, make public statements and be interviewed (after calling for his execution for espionage).

Chuck Grassley has said that whistle blowers who follow the laws (and this one appears to have done so) should be heard out, protected and respected.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/01/grassley-trump-whistleblower-014715

50 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Trump has been repeatedly calling for the W/B to come out, make public statements and be interviewed (after calling for his execution for espionage).

Trump's whole shtick is to play the player in stead of the ball. He is now totally unable to perform his usual party tricks, so admired by his followers, without knowing who the person is.

Inspector General from State is requesting an "urgent" meeting with the impeachment inquiry committees.  The dam is finally breaking, it seems.  I can't help but wonder how fast this whole thing is going to end up evolving; it's like a Cali wildfire right now.  And Rudy's lawyering up - get some popcorn folks - this is going to be quite the show. 

Don't get me wrong: I am fucking livid that we're at this point.  I'm livid that we have a traitorous group of swamp monsters in the executive branch.  I'm livid that we don't have enough American citizens left in this country.  We have a bunch of apolitical morons who are being duped by the worst kind of con man.  Truly, we are a nation of deplorables.  And it kills me.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Giuliani hires Watergate prosecutor

Hi Robert,

They all would be well advised to protect themselves.  If history is any guide, one should remember Nixon sold them all down the drain, one by one, to protect himself.

I can readily see Trump doing the same thing.

Jerry Baumchen

9 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

They all would be well advised to protect themselves.  If history is any guide, one should remember Nixon sold them all down the drain, one by one, to protect himself.

Jerry Baumchen

I just pity any lawyer trying to control an attention-whore like Giuliani. LOL!

29 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

Well, yeah. He’s already done it to a bunch of ‘em! ;)

“Giuliani? I, I uh, I don’t recognize the name. Maybe he ironed my socks in the morning. But he was a bad guy. I always knew that. He really shouldn’t have any contact with the Bangladeshi king, but you know, he’s just a bad guy. A really bad guy.”

1 hour ago, yoink said:

"Giuliani? I, I uh, I don’t recognize the name. Maybe he ironed my socks in the morning. But he was a bad guy. I always knew that. He really shouldn’t have any contact with the Bangladeshi king, but you know, he’s just a bad guy. A really bad guy.”

Karma has a way of sneaking up on you.

Giuliani in July: "Cohen believes it’s in his best to cooperate, God bless him, he should cooperate. I do not expect him to lie. I think he’s going to tell the truth, as best he can, given his recollection . . [he's] an honest, honorable lawyer."

One month later: "He has lied all his life… a person who is found to be an incredible liar, he’s got a tremendous motive to lie now… I don’t think anyone believes [him.]"

• Like 1

(edited)
12 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

My first thought when any of this broke is that Giuliani and anyone who helped Trump in this will soon be "that guy who grabbed coffee".

Also, it's just too funny to bring a Watergate lawyer into this.  I mean...let's not draw comparisons or anything....

Edited by DJL

Hi folks,

And more:  ‘White House mistakenly sends Trump-Ukraine talking points to Democrats.’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-mistakenly-sends-trump-ukraine-talking-points-to-democrats/2019/09/25/5170aa52-dfb2-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Looks a lot like the 'Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight.'

I'm going to need more popcorn.

Jerry Baumchen

50 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

And more:  ‘White House mistakenly sends Trump-Ukraine talking points to Democrats.’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-mistakenly-sends-trump-ukraine-talking-points-to-democrats/2019/09/25/5170aa52-dfb2-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Looks a lot like the 'Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight.'

I'm going to need more popcorn.

Jerry Baumchen

The Trump White House stands to put The Onion out of business.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks like thing are starting to heat up:  "Are you talking to me?"

https://apnews.com/df0e1d951d424766abae4f25b0942268

Now, where's my popcorn?

Jerry Baumchen

That's why I say attack. He doesn't have a real defensive game. Rattle him and he'll make mistakes. The more he comes unglued the more likely it is that people close to him will turn out of self preservation if nothing else. 

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

The more he comes unglued 

Hi Joe,

I think you got it right.  He is totally out of his 'normal' element:  'Where's Roy Cohn when I need him?'

Or, is it:  'Help me, I've fallen and can't get up.'

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Aren't you supposed to be running a dz or something like that?  :)

9 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Gosh that's funny. It's interesting how the White House think it's a defense that the Ukrainian President mentioned Giuliani first. As if the fact that Giuliani (a man who works for Trump personally and whose job is to protect the interests of Donald Trump, private citizen) had already been talking to them didn't indicate that they were actively looking for personal political gain.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That's why I say attack. He doesn't have a real defensive game. Rattle him and he'll make mistakes. The more he comes unglued the more likely it is that people close to him will turn out of self preservation if nothing else. 

When he was elected I thought that in the end the office of POTUS would be too much for him to handle and that the job would chew him up and spit him out. My only surprise is that it has taken this long to become obvious.

28 minutes ago, normiss said:

Just to be clear, Trump is currently, this morning, calling on foreign leaders to investigate Biden in the midst of an impeachment proceeding about whether he has encouraged foreign leaders to investigate Biden.

And why not? When the President does it that means it's not illegal. Well, that is when our President does it.

Some of those other world leaders, in particular those whose countries don't flip the bird at the International Court of Justice, should brush up on the "Declaration on the Inadmissibility of Intervention in the Domestic Affairs of States and the Protection of their Independence and Sovereignty, which in part states: "no state has the right to intervene, directly or indirectly, for any reason whatever, in the internal or external affairs of any other state . . ."