3 3
brenthutch

Green new deal equals magical thinking

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

So you are Trump supporter trying hard to convince others that except for_____________ fill in the blank, yada yada yada. 

Of course.  A lot of Trump supporters in the US are saying this nowadays.  "Look, I don't really support the guy . . . I'm no (sexual predator/white supremacist/veteran hater) . . . but I can't support Warren!  Look at her stance on, uh, the deficit!  Yeah, that's it.  I'd TOTALLY support someone other than Trump if there was a candidate that doesn't exist according to my criteria.   See, I am not a Trump supporter at all."

24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I think I have been consistent on my positions on the 2nd amendment and the GND.  If you can give examples otherwise I would be happy to reconsider 

I notice you left out your support for gay and women's rights and your support for giving lifetime appointments to unqualified homophobic and misogynistic judges. You remember, that's one of the reasons you would have to vote for Trump even though you aren't voting for Trump.

15 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I don't like Trump, I think I have made it abundantly clear.  Please let me know just who is the democratic contender that is pro 2nd amendment and doesn't believe that a carbon tax will save the world and I will be on board. If Joe Manchin was running I could vote for him.

Bennet was your closest candidate - but he's dropped out.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The GND is more of a punchline 

I know. You don't actually fear the GND. It just stands in for all the ideas that you fear and that you know are winning. I'm sure you heard about the letter from the boss at Black Rock. You know, the one telling CEOs to get their carbon reduction plans going if they don't want to be dropped from his multi trillion dollar fund? Yup, keep railing on about Tesla while the world just passes you by.

44 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I know. You don't actually fear the GND. It just stands in for all the ideas that you fear and that you know are winning. I'm sure you heard about the letter from the boss at Black Rock. You know, the one telling CEOs to get their carbon reduction plans going if they don't want to be dropped from his multi trillion dollar fund? Yup, keep railing on about Tesla while the world just passes you by.

I hadn't heard of that Black Rock thing, but if he wants to forgo billions in petrodollars that is between him and his shareholders.  As far as Tesla, I am fine with them now that they are no longer on the government teat.  I'm sure you have noticed how their sales have tanked so far this year. 

https://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-sales-plung-20190201-story.html

And it is not just in the US, sales plunged in Europe.  Tesla only sold 367 units in Germany YTD.

Edited by brenthutch

31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I hadn't heard of that Black Rock thing, but if he wants to forgo billions in petrodollars that is between him and his shareholders.  As far as Tesla, I am fine with them now that they are no longer on the government teat.  I'm sure you have noticed how their sales have tanked so far this year. 

https://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-sales-plung-20190201-story.html

And it is not just in the US, sales plunged in Europe.  Tesla only sold 367 units in Germany YTD.

That Black Rock thing lol

BlackRock has $6.28 Trillion under management (2017). 

2018 US Oil and Gas industry revenues: $181 Billion. So basically US petrodollars are a rounding error for BlackRock.

Edited by SkyDekker

46 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

From the NYT Jan 2020:

==========================

Tesla said on Friday that it had produced over 100,000 vehicles and delivered even more in the fourth quarter of 2019, meeting a goal it had laid out to investors and ending the year on stronger footing than at the start.

In a statement, the electric-vehicle maker said it had delivered 112,000 cars in the final three months of last year and produced a record 104,891, showing healthy demand as it continues to focus on global growth.

“When you deliver more cars than you produce, you get into your bank more cash than you spent,” said Pierre Ferragu, an analyst with New Street Research. He said that would enable Tesla to continue its expansion, including its manufacturing presence in China, where cars are beginning to roll off a Shanghai assembly line.

Mr. Ferragu estimated that Tesla had delivered 60,000 vehicles in North America and 52,000 internationally in the fourth quarter. The company did not provide a breakdown.

Friday’s figures put Tesla’s total deliveries for 2019 at 367,500, which the company said was 50 percent more than in 2018. It had forecast deliveries of 360,000 to 400,000 for the year, and analysts say the company could deliver as many as half a million vehicles in 2020.

======================

Yep, really tanking.  You should totally short their stock; everyone who does makes a lot of money, according to the Internet.

Just where is Tesla going to sell all of these cars if it not in the US, Europe or China?

"China’s state-run Automotive Information Net has reported that registrations of new Tesla cars were down 46% between December and January, to 3,563 vehicles"

https://fortune.com/2020/02/27/tesla-stock-china-coronavirus/

BTW it is funny that you post about how great Tesla stock is on a day that it looses 15% of its value.  RAOTFLMAO

Edited by brenthutch

On 2/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, brenthutch said:

Just where is Tesla going to sell all of these cars if it not in the US, Europe or China?

"China’s state-run Automotive Information Net has reported that registrations of new Tesla cars were down 46% between December and January, to 3,563 vehicles"

https://fortune.com/2020/02/27/tesla-stock-china-coronavirus/

BTW it is funny that you post about how great Tesla stock is on a day that it looses 15% of its value.  RAOTFLMAO

Did you compare it to the rest of the market?  Those things matter.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Like the phantom twitch of a missing limb, except for you it's funny. You are just going round and round on your merry go round, ever rejoicing that no one has yet grabbed the brass ring. Too bad that you cannot grasp that it's the brass ring that's going round and round, not you. 

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Oh you're so silly. You can't make it so easy!

Shale drillers are staring down the barrel of the worst oil bust yet 

"It’s a disaster for many U.S. frackers including Chesapeake Energy Corp. and Whiting Petroleum Corp., who were already trading at distressed levels — and makes more defaults and bankruptcies all but certain.

After burning through hundreds of billions of dollars in cash over the past decade, the industry has consistently disappointed investors while accumulating huge debts. It now finds itself backed into a corner, increasingly shut out of capital markets. Banks were already poised to cut credit lines after writing off as much as $1 billion in shale loans last year, more than they have in 30 years of making them."

The C-19 and oil war between President trump's Two best friends. Will put an end to the dreams of US oil independence. Remember how trump was admonishing his Saudi buddy a few weeks ago.  Oh come on now don't lie, you remember, it was only a week ago. Then MBS, Jared's best friend told him to F**koff.

C-19 and the oil price war will in fact lay the foundations for the green revolution. As all the oil rigs, fracking equipment is fed into mini-mills and the big smelters. To build windmills and the framework for solar plants. Windmills, yeah the ones that trump said causes cancer. A lie of course.

WTI, at 20 year lows. Soon it will cost more to ship than the filthy stuff is worth.All the while electrons power America. Your next truck.

(edited)

Sorry but you are utterly delusional.  Are you really saying that cheap oil will make people use less?  

The abundance of cheap oil will make EVs obsolete, as will soon be evidenced by Tesla’s Q1 results.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/09/tesla-stock-drops-as-cheap-oil-covid-19-challenge-electric-car-sales.html

Edited by brenthutch

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Sorry but you are utterly delusional.  Are you really saying that cheap oil will make people use less?  
The abundance of cheap oil will make EVs obsolete, as will soon be evidenced by Tesla’s Q1 results.

He's saying that shale oil can't compete during price drops and the shale oil industry could collapse.  With that collapse we're back to needing foreign oil since traditional drilling doesn't have such a cut-off on the lower end, traditional drilling can scale to price much easier.  Another issue is that the shale oil market exist on the back of a valuation that many investors are finding it to not meet.  This was an issue even before any price drops.  It is possible that the shale oil industry may not survive these fluctuations although I think we'll see a bailout.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

This Tesla?  Soon GM, its gas guzzling C8, C2500, etc. will be all electric.

19 minutes ago, DJL said:

He's saying that shale oil can't compete during price drops and the shale oil industry could collapse.  With that collapse we're back to needing foreign oil since traditional drilling doesn't have such a cut-off on the lower end, traditional drilling can scale to price much easier.  Another issue is that the shale oil market exist on the back of a valuation that many investors are finding it to not meet.  This was an issue even before any price drops.  It is possible that the shale oil industry may not survive these fluctuations although I think we'll see a bailout.

Oh he knows all that. He's just trying to deflect an answer that exposes his devotion to all the losers in his 401k. I agree with everything you said. But the bailout will be too little and too late. The last two years have devastated the balance sheets of the industry.

Jul 04, 2019, Shale Industry Has Destroyed 80% Of Its Value Since 2008 Price WTI $57.66

"Recently, the former CEO of the largest shale gas producer in the United States told a roomful of conference goers what any competent financial analysis would have revealed many years ago: the shale oil and gas industry as a whole has been destroying capital since its inception.

"The fact is that every time they put the drill bit to the ground, they erode the value of the billions of dollars of previous investments they have made," said Steve Schlotterbeck, former head of natural gas behemoth EQT, at a petrochemical industry conference. "It's frankly no wonder that their equity valuations continue to fall dramatically."

But, the real news here is not that the shale oil and gas industry has from its beginning been destroying capital one well at a time. It's that a major industry insider freed from the constraints of his former job has admitted it.

Schlotterbeck calculates that the industry as a whole has destroyed 80 percent of its value since 2008".

Having read all that, sure trump will bail it out, he loves subsidies and losers as much as fellow conservatives. They just say they don't. PRICE WTI $20.17 TODAY

Edited by Phil1111

16 minutes ago, DJL said:

Some will make it some won’t.  Look at what happened the last time the Saudis tried to kill shale oil.  It forced innovation and refinement culled out the weaker players and lead to the US becoming the world’s top oil producer.  Keep in mind that fracking is a relatively new technology and there is still room for innovation and virtually assures cheap oil for decades to come.

It's called capitalism.  Winners and losers.  The shale boom was supposed to revive the rust belt here in Ohio and for a while it did.  But in order for it to work well prices at the pump needed to be ~$4/gal.  I've watched the fate of Chesapeake for some time...constantly re-inventing itself.  The big winners were the land owners who were paid fantastic sums of money for the mineral rights.

I think the shale revolution has ground to a halt.