3 3
brenthutch

Green new deal equals magical thinking

7 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think you're missing the point that it's not the fiscal issues that are expensive.

Yep.  A steady diet of McDonald's cheeseburgers is a lot cheaper ($/calorie) than a balanced diet.  But not really a good idea in the long run.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I thought burning coal was like smoking cigarettes, now its like eating a Big Mac? 

I imagine it must take a lot of effort to purposely misunderstand things like that.  A+ for effort.  As the previous post said, you are using some very "motivated" reasoning (or more accurately, denial thereof.)

9 hours ago, billvon said:

I imagine it must take a lot of effort to purposely misunderstand things like that.  A+ for effort.  As the previous post said, you are using some very "motivated" reasoning (or more accurately, denial thereof.)

I think you just realized how ridiculous your arguments have been.

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

U.S. Emissions Dropped in 2019

We're doing our part.  I don't think China, Russia, or India are doing theirs

Not yet.

When it's a question of buying the hybrid or regular version of your favorite car, it's easy to be green.  When it's a question of burning coal or having your family freeze, most people are going to choose their family.  Be thankful we can make such a choice so easily without anyone suffering.

Solution there?  Develop solutions _here_ that can be used in places like India so they have the same sort of choices we do.

5 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Whatever will we do!!!???

THE Government has announced plans to bring forward its ban on selling new petrol and diesel vehicles to 2035. 

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18237005.future-motoring-uk-will-electric/

19 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Looks like you don't understand the difference between Green New Deal and Sander's Green Energy Plan. 

(BTW just cause they both have the word "green" doesn't make them to same)

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Looks like you don't understand the difference between Green New Deal and Sander's Green Energy Plan. 

(BTW just cause they both have the word "green" doesn't make them to same)

The difference is that the GND was aspirational, and Sander's plan just put meat on the bones.  As my grandmother used to say "wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first"

The GND was just rainbows and unicorn farts, the Sanders plan involved real sacrifice and pain.  

Edited by brenthutch

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The difference is that the GND was aspirational, and Sander's plan just put meat on the bones.  As my grandmother used to say "wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first"

The GND was just rainbows and unicorn farts, the Sanders plan involved real sacrifice and pain.

If you understand there is a difference, then why did you use commentary on Sander's plan to opine on GND? Are you just making this shit up as you go along, grasping at anything that has the word green in it?

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

If you understand there is a difference, then why did you use commentary on Sander's plan to opine on GND? Are you just making this shit up as you go along, grasping at anything that has the word green in it?

The Sander's plan is the real green new deal.  The AOC version was just a leftist fantasy. 

Which one do you support?

Edited by brenthutch

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Except that is not what he is calling it. That is what you are calling it. It does look like you are just making this up as you go along.

One is fantasy and one is a policy proposal.  Which one are you one board with?

Edited by brenthutch

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

One is fantasy and one is a policy proposal.  Which one are you one board with.

That isn't true either.

Green New Deal was indeed a policy proposal, packaged in a pair of House Resolutions.

Sander's plan is a platform statement.