airdvr

Dems...what is it that scares you about Trump?

TriGirl

(aside something akin to insider trading on the part of Ms. Trump).

On that front, can you imagine if anyone had prior knowledge Trump would go off on a twitter rant about some company which would drive the price of stock down such as the Boeing thing within this last week?

This is the thing I don't think Trump realizes; as President everything he says or tweets has a potential effect. It doesn't have to set off a nuclear war, but just temporarily move a stock price for a few hours and the implication of that and insider trading ought to give him pause.

But it doesn't.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***(aside something akin to insider trading on the part of Ms. Trump).

On that front, can you imagine if anyone had prior knowledge Trump would go off on a twitter rant about some company which would drive the price of stock down such as the Boeing thing within this last week?

This is the thing I don't think Trump realizes; as President everything he says or tweets has a potential effect. It doesn't have to set off a nuclear war, but just temporarily move a stock price for a few hours and the implication of that and insider trading ought to give him pause.

But it doesn't.

I think he know exactly what he is doing.

As for affecting a stock? A penny is a big deal?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I think he know exactly what he is doing.

I want you to look at the attached.
Source:
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3ABA&ei=BaNJWJHxHo6M2AaV2ILQCA

Go ahead and take a careful look at it. What you're looking for is that vertical plummet right at the start of December 6. That's over 100 times the "penny" you said. That's movement that could not have been predicted by anyone without knowledge of Trump's tweet.

The second thing I want you to look at is how many shares of stock are normally traded. The blue line just prior to then plunge in stock price before the tweet.

See it?

What's that about? I think it's worth somebody looking at.
quade -

quade

***I think he know exactly what he is doing.

I want you to look at the attached.
Source:
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3ABA&ei=BaNJWJHxHo6M2AaV2ILQCA

Go ahead and take a careful look at it. What you're looking for is that vertical plummet right at the start of December 6. That's over 100 times the "penny" you said. That's movement that could not have been predicted by anyone without knowledge of Trump's tweet.

The second thing I want you to look at is how many shares of stock are normally traded. The blue line just prior to then plunge in stock price before the tweet.

See it?

What's that about? I think it's worth somebody looking at.

From CBS

December 6, 2016, 6:31 PM| After Donald Trump tweeted about Boeing's allegedly "out of control" costs for building new Air Force One planes, the company's stock plunged Tuesday, though it later recovered. While it was unclear what sparked Trump's anger, his tweet came just 22 minutes after the Chicago Tribune published an article highlighting the differences between Trump and Boeing's CEO when it comes to trade with China. Nancy Cordes reports.

(I do not think the link you provided shows what you describe. Not saying you are wrong, But the link does not provide what you think it does for me)

The market is always looking for reasons to go up and down. People make money when stock prices change.

That said, personally I think there are better ways to deal with his thoughts. But I also do not think the impact was a big deal in the short run.

I also think there is more to this than just the price of a plane.
Abraham Lincoln

One more thing to think about. NONE of his picks are donors to him. He is not paying supporters back for the most part. He is picking people who have shown they can do a job.

Holy FUCK are you wrong....

Steven Mnuchin, Trump's pick for treasury secretary, served as his national finance chairman, helping organize dozens of high-dollar campaign fundraisers held across the country. The former Goldman Sachs executive and hedge fund manager also personally contributed at least $425,000 to support Trump’s presidential bid, through donations to the campaign, the Republican National Committee and state parties, according to Federal Election Commission data.

Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross, who Trump selected as his commerce secretary, was an early financial supporter of Trump's campaign. He opened his Southampton, N.Y., estate for one of the campaign's first fundraisers, which cost $25,000 a head. Ross personally contributed at least $200,000 to support Trump's run, finance records show.

Trump selected Chicago Cubs co-owner Todd Ricketts to serve as deputy commerce secretary. His father helped finance Future45, a super PAC that spent lavishly for Trump in the final weeks of the campaign. TD Ameritrade founder Joe Ricketts gave the group at least $1 million through the end of September, FEC filings show. Joe Ricketts and his wife, Marlene, also contributed nearly $344,000 to support Trump's campaign and the Republican Party.

The latest suggest addition to his cabinet is Andre Pudzer. Together with his wife, Puzder contributed $150,000 in late May to Trump's campaign and Republican Party partners, fundraising records show.

That is almost $2,000,000 in just 4 positions that was contributed to him.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

One more thing to think about. NONE of his picks are donors to him. He is not paying supporters back for the most part. He is picking people who have shown they can do a job.

Holy FUCK are you wrong....

You have to remember that Marc lives in a post-truth world where facts are defined as whatever he wants at the time.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

airdvr

Trumbull County is about 60 miles east of where I live. I do business in Trumbull County (at least I tried). The county is a mess and has been for a long time. Anyone promising better would be a powerful draw in this area. I seriously doubt Trump can undo the problems here. You are probably familiar with it's most famous politician, Jim Traficant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant

The area has been run by democrats for forever. Used to be a thriving area until steel left. Now it's just rust belt. Sad really. Think a smaller version of Detroit.

Trumbull County isn't a mess because of democrats. Why did steel vanish in America? Traficant was a crook for sure. (I grew up in Brookfield and worked in Sharon, another lost city)

(I do not think the link you provided shows what you describe. Not saying you are wrong, But the link does not provide what you think it does for me)

The market is always looking for reasons to go up and down. People make money when stock prices change.

That said, personally I think there are better ways to deal with his thoughts. But I also do not think the impact was a big deal in the short run.

Yeah whatever. If I had know he was going to send that tweet I could have easily made a million dollars without leveraging myself.

With some leverage I could have made enough to retire....off one tweet.

And if you think none of his cabinet picks are donors then you are just wilfully ignorant. I mean, just a little bit of reading would tell you otherwise.

You may want to keep in mind that Breitbart not reporting it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

grimmie

***Trumbull County is about 60 miles east of where I live. I do business in Trumbull County (at least I tried). The county is a mess and has been for a long time. Anyone promising better would be a powerful draw in this area. I seriously doubt Trump can undo the problems here. You are probably familiar with it's most famous politician, Jim Traficant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant

The area has been run by democrats for forever. Used to be a thriving area until steel left. Now it's just rust belt. Sad really. Think a smaller version of Detroit.

Trumbull County isn't a mess because of democrats. Why did steel vanish in America? Traficant was a crook for sure. (I grew up in Brookfield and worked in Sharon, another lost city)

Trumbull County is historically a Democratic stronghold, though its residents have tended to be conservative on social issues. In 2016, however, Donald J. Trump won the county by a reasonably comfortable margin of 6.22 points, being the first Republican to win the county since Richard Nixon in 1972.[18] It remains to be seen whether this is a one-time occurrence, or the beginning of a new trend in Rust Belt politics.

1976 was well before steel left Northeast Ohio for good. Other rust belt cities re-made themselves after steel left. Democrats were seen playing their fiddles, Traficant being one of the worst.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Hi air,

Democrats were seen playing their fiddles

I disagree. I worked with 'big steel' companies for over 30 yrs. It was simply because they would not upgrade their equipment to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

Those stockholders wanted their dividends; they did not want to invest.

Jerry Baumchen

>I disagree. I worked with 'big steel' companies for over 30 yrs.

That makes you unqualified to have an opinion in it. Only people who are free of the bias of real world experience (and who get their information from Breitbart and other carefully manipulated sources) can be trusted in the post-factual era.

ryoder

The title "Executive Producer" has a wide range of meanings. Everything from "guy who puts up the money" to "guy who calls the shots" to "guy we talked to one day and it became a thing and that's it."

My guess in this case it's pretty meaningless. Mark Burnett is the real guy in charge.

Mark Burnett is also producing the Trump inauguration, so there is a large amount of payback ego stroking at the very least.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mark-burnett-helping-plan-trump-inauguration-report-954263
quade -

billvon

That's perfect. Reality TV is the perfect job for Trump.

I'm just wondering who told President Camacho that POTUS was a part-time job.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***That's perfect. Reality TV is the perfect job for Trump.

What I'm telling you is, it's entirely possible Trump will have less to do with the show than the average viewer watching it. The title is meaningless.

I'm no defender of Trump, but I do know a thing or two about how messed up titles can be for movies and television.
quade -

quade

******That's perfect. Reality TV is the perfect job for Trump.

What I'm telling you is, it's entirely possible Trump will have less to do with the show than the average viewer watching it. The title is meaningless.

I'm no defender of Trump, but I do know a thing or two about how messed up titles can be for movies and television.

Well, I'm sure he will still be doing the surprise dressing room inspections.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So exactly when is Drumpf going to quit campaigning?

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
Join me tomorrow! #MAGA
10am- Baton Rouge, LA.
Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/get-out-the-vote-rally-with-president-elect-donald-j-trump-baton-rouge-la-tickets-30067541827
7pm- Grand Rapids, MI.
Tickets: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule/register/grand-rapids-mi4/

From the first link:
"Get Out The Vote" Rally with President-Elect Donald J. Trump | Baton Rouge...

What vote would that be?:S

rushmc

******Climate denier for sure.

About damn time we got some commons sense in the EPA.

Common sense says don't built your shit hole directly upstream of your drinking water.

I'm not sure Pruitt is going to bring a lot of common sense to the EPA.

The fun part, for me Paul, is watching circus the media and left is creating around his picks.

Bannon is a good example. The fire storm started and then had to back off because some the claims about him have been debunked (example, he is an anti-Semite).

One more thing to think about. NONE of his picks are donors to him.

Wrong
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/16/wwe-co-founder-linda-mcmahon-gave-6-million-to-pro-trump-super-pac/?utm_term=.139e3fc8de30

JerryBaumchen

Hi brent,

Wrong

:o rushmc is wrong. Wow, this needs to be recorded for posterity.

Jerry Baumchen

I am wrong
I should have said a few of them not all.......
Abraham Lincoln