airdvr

Dems...what is it that scares you about Trump?

Well the market has been going up - but we will credit that to Obama.

When it starts down...of course we will blame Trump.

As far as all the "stupid" people that voted for Trump that's thinking - and over the top comments is what got him elected.

Sure it doesn't matter now....best you guys can do now is pray (wait most of you are atheist....) that he screws up in some terrible manner quickly and then we can throw him out.....maybe HRC will be available?

Like Normiss said...get ready it's going to be different.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Hi winsor,

I know of nobody who thinks Trump is anything short of FUBAR.

It is true we have never met, however you can put me in the group '. . . who thinks Trump is anything short of FUBAR.'

The votes came from those who deemed Hillary to be significantly worse.

IMO in many respects she was her own worst enemy. One example was in calling the Trump supporters 'deplorables.' That IMO just solidified their support for him.

And this is very much hindsight: I think once she had the nomination ( I think in her mind this was the hard part ) she thought it was going to be a breeze to grab the Oval Office.

Jerry Baumchen

winsor

"Far fetched" describes just about all of Trump's statements, yet there are enough suckers who believed them to make him President Elect.

I know of nobody who thinks Trump is anything short of FUBAR.

The votes came from those who deemed Hillary to be significantly worse.

Or couldn't stomach the thought of Obama ver. 3
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

JerryBaumchen

IMO in many respects she was her own worst enemy. One example was in calling the Trump supporters 'deplorables.' That IMO just solidified their support for him.

While I generally agree, if the internet has taught me anything it's that it doesn't matter what you say, your enemies will use it against you regardless.

Seriously. Can you think of any term she could have used that couldn't have been used against her?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

JerryBaumchen

Can you think of any term she could have used that couldn't have been used against her?

No. IMO it would have been better to just stay away from any 'name' calling.

Okay, but how do you identify a group without using a noun?

See the problem?

I'll agree that "deplorables" was inelegant, but if she had just used the term "alt-right" somebody, somewhere would have dinged her for that as well.
quade -

rushmc

Their biggest night terror is.....
He just might be a good president.

While "good President" is in the eye of the beholder, if Trump ends up being a "good President" I will apologize in an open letter to him.

This will, of course, require him lasting through his first term in office.

So far it looks as if he'll be in violation of the US Constitution on day one, so let's not get too excited there.
quade -

quade

***Their biggest night terror is.....

While "good President" is in the eye of the beholder, if Trump ends up being a "good President" I will apologize in an open letter to him.

So far it looks as if he'll be in violation of the US Constitution on day one, so let's not get too excited there.

What violation is that?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

******Their biggest night terror is.....

What violation is that?

Read up.

http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/68/emoluments-clause

TL;DR -- bribery by foreign officials.

In this case, any foreign government that would do business with the Trump Organization as long as it remains his.
quade -

quade

*********Their biggest night terror is.....

What violation is that?

Read up.

In this case, any foreign government that would do business with the Trump Organization as long as it remains his.

A stretch

How about Hillarys known donations?
Abraham Lincoln

It's a similar issue although in the case of the Clinton Foundation none of the money goes to the Clintons.

That can in no way be said about the Trump Organization. The money the Trump Organization gets goes right into his pockets.

If you were even a little concerned about Hillary though, you should by all rights be flipping out about Trump, yet this seems to be the first you're hearing about Trump. Why is that?
quade -

In my on going desire to figure out how the hell Trump got elected and to drag some of my liberal friends along with me...

I can't figure out how to do a link but Google

"CNN's Van Jones Speaks With Obama Voters Who Switched to Trump"

While I'm not a fan of Van Jones I really think this interview hit's the nail on the head. Many people will poo-poo this family and make excuses or call them stupid but I think it's interesting.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/12/07/van_jones_speaks_with_obama_voters_who_switched_to_trump.html
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

rushmc

See? That speaks volumes about you...

I really hope Trump is a good president. Why would that be a nightmare? It should be a dream for an American.

Unless of course if you see a successful presidency as some sort of scorecard for the political group that you associate with first and formost and above anything else...

yoink

See? That speaks volumes about you...

I really hope Trump is a good president. Why would that be a nightmare? It should be a dream for an American.

Unless of course if you see a successful presidency as some sort of scorecard for the political group that you associate with first and formost and above anything else...

It would be a good thing. Just as Reagan was. But you and I have both seen how the media and the left distort the history of his presidency as time go on. They will do the same to any republican president going forward.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I'll wait to be pleasantly surprised/shocked, but I don't see it happening. Indeed, it's not really him I'm worried about, he'll be marginalized as quickly as possible by the cabinet, the congress, etc. It's the terrible people he's putting into cabinet, and the atrocious ideas Republicans have that they can now move forward on with no checks or opposition.

Lawndarter

I'll wait to be pleasantly surprised/shocked, but I don't see it happening. Indeed, it's not really him I'm worried about, he'll be marginalized as quickly as possible by the cabinet, the congress, etc. It's the terrible people he's putting into cabinet, and the atrocious ideas Republicans have that they can now move forward on with no checks or opposition.

IMO his cabinet picks, for the most part, are outstanding!

One needs to remember, elections have consequences.
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

Climate deniers and generals. Of course you would think that is outstanding.

A National Security Advisor who believes in conspiracy theories.

Nothing but the best.

Climate denier for sure.

About damn time we got some commons sense in the EPA.
Abraham Lincoln

Trumbull County is about 60 miles east of where I live. I do business in Trumbull County (at least I tried). The county is a mess and has been for a long time. Anyone promising better would be a powerful draw in this area. I seriously doubt Trump can undo the problems here. You are probably familiar with it's most famous politician, Jim Traficant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Traficant

The area has been run by democrats for forever. Used to be a thriving area until steel left. Now it's just rust belt. Sad really. Think a smaller version of Detroit.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

rushmc

Climate denier for sure.

Common sense says don't built your shit hole directly upstream of your drinking water.

I'm not sure Pruitt is going to bring a lot of common sense to the EPA.
quade -

quade

Read up.

Hey, Quade. I also wonder about the preferential treatment given to the company(ies) his daughter runs or helps to run. Being part of meetings with foreign representatives? Certainly 1) gives her an edge in international business dealings, and 2) implies partiality on the part of the government, that those companies are essentially endorsed by the U.S. government.

I haven't been to law school yet, so I can't say what laws that breaks (aside something akin to insider trading on the part of Ms. Trump). I therefore don't know what penalties would apply to the president, or if it would all be on Ms. Trump.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

quade

***Climate denier for sure.

Common sense says don't built your shit hole directly upstream of your drinking water.

I'm not sure Pruitt is going to bring a lot of common sense to the EPA.

The fun part, for me Paul, is watching circus the media and left is creating around his picks.

Bannon is a good example. The fire storm started and then had to back off because some the claims about him have been debunked (example, he is an anti-Semite).

One more thing to think about. NONE of his picks are donors to him. He is not paying supporters back for the most part. He is picking people who have shown they can do a job.

Sorry
But Trumps picks look stellar compared to what was seen nearly 8 years ago.
Abraham Lincoln