1 1

Are you Americans crazy enough to put Donald Trump in office?

RonD1120

***From the perspective of the United States of America, it is going very badly indeed. Her enemies are no doubt enjoying it.

I think we're good.

I'm not a bit surprised to hear you say that.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Well, how is it going?

Full-time TI here working in Oz. I often get asked where am I from due to the accent...when I say the states more times than not I get something along the lines of "what is wrong with your country???"

I never got that when Obama was president.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

billvon

>Well, how is it going?

So badly that the Republicans may lose the house _and_ senate the next election …

… in a year where, by far, most Senate seats up for grabs are already held by Democrats.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

billvon

>Well, how is it going?

So badly that the Republicans may lose the house _and_ senate the next election.

I’ve still not seen anything of the Democrats that makes me believe this.

Instead of capitalizing on the current train wreck all I’ve seen of the Dems is ‘look at this scandal!’ and nothing of why people should vote for them or what they’ve learnt from the last election.

I’m sure it’s very satisfying to be the obstructionist party for a change, but relying on the Republicans losing seats rather than Democrats WINNING them is a poor strategy. Assumptions like that are how we’ve ended up with this Administration in a he first place.

At around 0200 on 10 May SoS Mike Pompeo will arrive at Andrews AFB with three hostages released by Kim Jong Un. The date and time set for the summit with President Trump.

Another good day as this administration keeps moving forward. And, we didn't have to send NK billions of $$$ on pallets.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Another good day as this administration keeps moving forward. And, we didn't have to send NK billions of $$$ on pallets.

It was Iran's money in the first place. If I froze your bank accounts, then lifted the freeze, would you expect me to keep the money, or give it back to you?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

lummy

It was Iran's money in the first place. If I froze your bank accounts, then lifted the freeze, would you expect me to keep the money, or give it back to you?

It was still a bad move on Obama's part. Have you been paying attention to Iran's involvements in Syria and Lebanon? I wouldn't be surprised if they used a good amount of that money to develop or buy weapons to stage the attacks on Israel just recently.

They are a state sponsor of terror and can only be expected to act as such. This is the whole point of why the nuclear deal was a bad idea to begin with.

nolhtairt

It was still a bad move on Obama's part. Have you been paying attention to Iran's involvements in Syria and Lebanon? I wouldn't be surprised if they used a good amount of that money to develop or buy weapons to stage the attacks on Israel just recently.

They are a state sponsor of terror and can only be expected to act as such. This is the whole point of why the nuclear deal was a bad idea to begin with.

So if they didn't get their money back (that was theirs), they wouldn't have spent their other money that wasn't confiscated on weapons? really?

And you don't seen any escalation of agression from both Iran AND Israel, after the US announced they were reinstating sanctions?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

yoink

***>Well, how is it going?

So badly that the Republicans may lose the house _and_ senate the next election.

I’ve still not seen anything of the Democrats that makes me believe this.

Instead of capitalizing on the current train wreck all I’ve seen of the Dems is ‘look at this scandal!’ and nothing of why people should vote for them or what they’ve learnt from the last election.

I’m sure it’s very satisfying to be the obstructionist party for a change, but relying on the Republicans losing seats rather than Democrats WINNING them is a poor strategy. Assumptions like that are how we’ve ended up with this Administration in a he first place.

Exactly. This could very well be repeat of the Presidential election where Democrats are so sure of themselves that they don't how many votes they're missing until it's too late.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

lummy

So if they didn't get their money back (that was theirs), they wouldn't have spent their other money that wasn't confiscated on weapons? really?

And you don't seen any escalation of agression from both Iran AND Israel, after the US announced they were reinstating sanctions?

Straight from the mouth of Chuck Schumer (D) in 2015:

In 2015, Schumer issued a lengthy statement detailing why he could not support the nuclear deal.

“It is because I believe Iran will not change, and under this agreement it will be able to achieve its dual goals of eliminating sanctions while ultimately retaining its nuclear and non-nuclear power,” he said.

“Better to keep U.S. sanctions in place, strengthen them, enforce secondary sanctions on other nations, and pursue the hard-trodden path of diplomacy once more, difficult as it may be,” he said at the time.

----------------------------------

NOW he says pulling out of the deal is a bad idea. It was a bad idea to make the deal in the first place!

Your track record on things you thought were true hasn't exactly been stellar for the last couple of days though, huh?

It'd do your credibility here a lot of good if you at least acknowledged the two absolute screamers you posted yesterday before moving on to other topics, IMO;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Only by letting them in can we (the world) keep the Iranians close.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Only by letting them in can we (the world) keep the Iranians close.

Wendy P.

Yeh, but Washington, either by intent or more likely just good old inertia tends to go too far with that stuff. It's like Pakistan, we keep sending them bags of money because they're our friends and they seem to spend most of it on US flags to burn.

wmw999

Wendy P.

I'm not worried about Iran. It's still a third world country with a third world military. Pretty sure Israel has them covered. :P

Why are Americans surprised that Iran has meddled in neighbors’ affairs since the (American-backed) Shah was deposed in 1979?
Iran/Persia was meddling in regional affairs thousands of years before the first white colony was founded in the Americas!

nolhtairt

***Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Only by letting them in can we (the world) keep the Iranians close.

Wendy P.

I'm not worried about Iran. It's still a third world country with a third world military. Pretty sure Israel has them covered. :P

The only thing Israel is capable of doing is keeping their enemies as their enemies and consequently ours. They will never advance outside of their borders in open war and they will never topple a regional government and be able to help support the work to instill a more peaceful government. They've made very little diplomatic progress on their own except now to convince the US executive branch that we should abandon our agreement with Iran.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

billvon

>It's still a third world country with a third world military.

Iranian atomic weapons could still do some damage - even if they are only "third world" weapons.

They would become a glass parking lot if they did. Pretty sure they know that too. :P

They would become a glass parking lot if they did. Pretty sure they know that too.

You can never be sure what someone may see as the right thing to do for the glory of God. History shows us many examples of suicidal military and religious disasters. Inshallah, In God We Trust, God Bless America, Allah Akbar, they all mean the same thing. God is on our side.

The neo-cons who lead the charge to invade Iraq had a strong belief that God wanted them to bring democracy to the region. Fools all.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>They would become a glass parking lot if they did.

I doubt that. Consider the following:

Trump's meeting with Kim goes badly. There's the customary round of abusive tweets from Trump and a spate of unhinged state media statements from North Korea. Nothing new.

A week later a nuclear explosion occurs a few miles from Lihue, Hawaii. 5000 people are killed and a large area of Kauai is covered with radioactive fallout.

Will we "glass parking lot" Iran for that?

Why are Americans surprised that Iran has meddled in neighbors’ affairs since the (American-backed) Shah was deposed in 1979?
Iran/Persia was meddling in regional affairs thousands of years before the first white colony was founded in the Americas!

Yeah, but the US should own that franchise now! Go Team America :S

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)