2 2
kallend

More mass shootings

normiss

:DBob the plumber???

I lost interest in guns a number of years ago.
Don't need them for personal protection.
Not paranoid or in fear to need or want them.
Sport shooting is kind of fun, but I find much more enjoyment from a lot of other activities.
"What you think, I sold them all?"
yep.
5 was the most I ever had anyway, always in a gun safe.

They're beautiful, and that's a big part of the problem. I owned a Sturm Ruger 41 Magnum long enough to know I shouldn't have one. I traded it to my Uncle for a Corvair van. Now that was a strange deal.

Today was just another example of the cost of freedom. The dead children should be remembered for their brave sacrifice protecting your rights to have the best toys. Maybe their parents and loved ones can find solace in these words written by Stephen Stills:

Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been askin' after
You
Hear the past a callin', from Ar- -megeddon's side
When everyone's talkin' and noone is listenin', how can we
Decide?

(Do we) find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground

Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down
Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground
Mother earth will swallow you, lay your body down
(Find the cost of freedom buried in the ground)

Remember, freedom is not free.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

They're beautiful, and that's a big part of the problem.

They are beautiful. And powerful as well. I fully understand the attraction. I do not understand the willingness to live in a society full of them.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I am from Australia. given the gun ownership in the USA will never change.....(NRA won that one years ago) the only thing has to be much more security at high schools. meaning armed trained folk that can take out offenders.

NO one ever goes to a school here with an AR 15. However due to your political situation the banning of guns is lost. At least pay the money for extra security. Surcharge on every firearm to cover cost

Do something !!!!!! I know you have a population of 300 million so chances of being shot are slim. but still unacceptable.

...The anti-gunners are calling suicides in the parking lot and gangster shooting somebody else in the parking lot of schools...

That's right - you keep telling yourself that death does not matter as long as it is suicide or gang-related.... got it. Sick disgusting tired-of-listening-to-the-rhetoric kind of bullshit that is tanking america AND american values that you so staunchly claim to uphold... only 'specific' lives matter, others... not so much

Showing true colors again. and over and over and over again just how little the gun lobby gives a shit about life.

tkhayes

...The anti-gunners are calling suicides in the parking lot and gangster shooting somebody else in the parking lot of schools...

Showing true colors again. and over and over and over again just how little the gun lobby gives a shit about life.

Well again a bit of a stretch
I was only talking about what is being classified as a "school shooting". And how the anti-gunners lie about stats to try and make points.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The only defense against gun control that isn't full of shit is that these are acceptable losses and the price of gun ownership. I don't want to hear any of the other bullshit.

If you think think guns are needed to protect the first Amendment, BULLSHIT, plenty of other countries have free press and free speech with more guns restrictions.

If you think taking guns away only affects law abiding gun owners, BULLSHIT, plenty of other countries with lower per capita homicide and gun violence rates than ours.

If you think guns are needed to protect us from a Tyrannical government coming into power, BULLSHIT, hasn't worked and any overthrow has historically occurred with the assistance of the military.

If you think there's no way of restricting guns without impeding legal hunting, BULLSHIT, do you think they don't hunt in Canada?

If you think that more guns or armed teachers are the answer, BULLSHIT, we're not Isreal and we're not the dime novel Wild West.

There is absolutely nothing unique about the United States that makes nearly unrestricted gun ownership advantageous. Our borders are mostly on oceans, with Canada to the North and Mexico to the South. Both of those countries get illegal guns from the US, not the other way around. We therefore can control and monitor what comes in much better than European or African countries with borders that are impossible to control. We have the most powerful and capable military in the world, there is no fucking Red Dawn scenario. Cut the fucking bullshit.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

wmw999

And meanwhile, multiple dead and about 20 injured at Mary Stoneham Douglas high school in Florida. A hard core gun-lovin’ Trumpette posted about it on FB, with, of course, thoughts and prayers. Special call-out to emergency personnel. I guess the actual victims aren’t as worthy of a special mention.
But perp is in custody. Maybe he’ll say something useful.

Wendy P.

He's a registered Democrat on psychiatric meds - for real.

Regardless of all the knee jerk responses, this is absolutely appalling.

If you do not like our 2nd Amendment then work to change it legally or leave!!

I totally disagree with everything you posted!!! Period!
Abraham Lincoln

winsor

***And meanwhile, multiple dead and about 20 injured at Mary Stoneham Douglas high school in Florida. A hard core gun-lovin’ Trumpette posted about it on FB, with, of course, thoughts and prayers. Special call-out to emergency personnel. I guess the actual victims aren’t as worthy of a special mention.
But perp is in custody. Maybe he’ll say something useful.

Wendy P.

He's a registered Democrat on psychiatric meds - for real.

Regardless of all the knee jerk responses, this is absolutely appalling.

We now know this was a sick individual who's dangerous tendencies were pointed out to law enforcement.

There was a chance to stop him. And it did not happen.:(
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Removal of access to military weapons would have been a good start.
For some reason it's perfectly legal to allow an 18 year old to purchase an AR, yet they have to be 21 to buy a handgun.

Well since we do not have military weapons your point is nothing.

By your standards the Colt 1911 I just purchased would be made illegal too.

And if you are talking about a semi auto rifle alone, you need to realize there are plenty out there that do the same thing but are not called assault rifles because they do not look as scary.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=browning+bar+hunting+rifles&qpvt=browning+bar+hunting+rifles&FORM=IGRE

Most of these rifles perform exactly the same as the AR and costs are similar at the upper end.
Abraham Lincoln

You need to look more at the times than the guns.

When I was in High School, most of us brought our shotguns to school every day!

Either in the trunks of our cars or in the back window of our trucks. Along with scoped high power rifles!!!

It is the culture today, not the guns!

(grew up in NW Iowa)
Abraham Lincoln

The AR-15 was designed in 1957 at the behest of the U.S. Army, which asked Armalite to come up with a “high-velocity, full and semi auto fire, 20 shot magazine, 6lbs loaded, able to penetrate both sides of a standard Army helmet at 500 meters rifle,” according to ar15.com.

If someone needs an AR for hunting, they are insane.

We did the same thing, we didn't have access to military weapons either.
The NRA wasn't yet the terrorist organization it is now either.

There's another school shooting being reported now.

Praise jebus and pass the assault rifles!

normiss

We did the same thing, we didn't have access to military weapons either.
The NRA wasn't yet the terrorist organization it is now either.

There's another school shooting being reported now.

Praise jebus and pass the assault rifles!

You do realize that a flintlock musket is also a military weapon? Are you saying those should go as well? Anyway one of the shops here is having a sale on AR lowers. Time to buy a few more.
Muff #5048

LOL

Nice to see so many support and encourage the killing of innocent children.
Or society is failing us and some people embrace it.

In regards to the musket, wasn't the 2nd created to defend from our own government? The one that now has nukes?
Good luck with your musket.

No citizen should have a right to an AR.
Gun control and laws are not infringing on any rights, the Supreme Court has already ruled as such.
It's time to tighten gun control.

But we won't. Soon we will be a full police/military state.

normiss

The AR-15 was designed in 1957 at the behest of the U.S. Army, which asked Armalite to come up with a “high-velocity, full and semi auto fire, 20 shot magazine, 6lbs loaded, able to penetrate both sides of a standard Army helmet at 500 meters rifle,” according to ar15.com.

If someone needs an AR for hunting, they are insane.

I built mine and I hunt with it.

And you ignored the BAR comparison.

Purposefully I am sure
Abraham Lincoln

LOL

Supporting the 2nd amendment is not supporting "the killing of innocent children." any more than supporting the 1st amendment is supporting hate speech. You know this, but use inflammatory and emotional arguments instead of logical arguments.

In regards to the musket, wasn't the 2nd created to defend from our own government? The one that now has nukes?

I like this anti-gun argument. Not my favorite, but a good one. We have nukes, yes. Why didn't that work in Afghanistan? The old, 'we have tanks, bombers, armored vehicles, your AR is a joke' line. LOL.

My favorite anti-gun argument is, "Why do you need a ____________?" Imagine if I asked you why you need the right to free speech? If you cannot justify needing that right, then we should take it away.

Your opinion.

Gun control and laws are not infringing on any rights, the Supreme Court has already ruled as such.

Agreed. No argument there. just like you can't yell "FIRE!" in a crowded room, there are limits to our freedoms.

I'd vote 'yes' to ban all future sales of bump stocks. I am in favor of enforcing the current laws vigorously as well.

I don't see that happening any more than the FAA stepping in and regulating skydiving.

More gun control is not the answer. There is no easy answer. They passed 2 new gun control laws a few years ago here in CO. Bill Von was positive both laws were enforceable and would make a difference. He is wrong on both. So now we have more gun restrictions for no positive result. This is why I am against more gun control laws.

Derek V

normiss

LOL

Now you are just going off the wall cause you can't win the argument with your points

Like normal.
Abraham Lincoln

It's interesting how you attack the poster instead of addressing the topic.
Like usual.

I'm out, this place is a waste of opinion, I'll speak with money and votes.

95% of Americans want stronger background checks
75% want military-style weapons banned
75% of Americans don’t own a gun
3% own half of all guns

So far the Supreme Court has supported tightening gun control.
I'm putting effort into that arena.

No more private sales.
Full background check on every transfer, including mental health exam.
Required training.
Required licensing.
Ban AR type semi-automatic weapons and modifications to others.
Require gun safes.
Require insurance.
Severe penalties for all violations.

Peace out.