airdvr

“In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,”

The OP was looking for a political spin...I delivered.

Not at all. I was just saying if we had somehow included politics in this thread it would have all of the SC bases covered.

I spoke with my daughter last night about this. She attends one of those mega-churchs similar to the one this poor soul did. I needed her to understand the difference between faith and reality. I think it's obvious that this guy was brain-washed into believing his faith could make a difference in this situation.

If only the radical muslims could see how many similarities there are between christianity and islam.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Not at all. I was just saying if we had somehow included politics in this thread it would have all of the SC bases covered.

As I said...I delivered.

If they apprehend the killer, we should ask for his political/religious views...

As a black man that killed a young man for apparently evoking God, I'm gonna play the odds and put my money on democrat/athiest...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

As I said...I delivered.

If they apprehend the killer, we should ask for his political/religious views...

As a black man that killed a young man for apparently evoking God, I'm gonna play the odds and put my money on democrat/athiest...

i'm not gonna re-read it, but where in the story it was said a black man!? probably was a god-fearing republican anyway..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

As I said...I delivered.

i'm not gonna re-read it, but where in the story it was said a black man!? feeling a little racist today!? :S

The gunman with the pistol was described as black, about 6 feet tall, thin and wearing a red hoodie, Davis said. A description of the man who was with him wasn’t available.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

He didn't die a martyr; he died of putting faith in metaphor rather than physics.

He died because a criminal shot him.

Religion didn't save him.
The police didn't save him.
Gun laws didn't save him.
Laws against shooting someone didn't save him.

Faith in any of them saving you is foolish.

Thinking he would be saved by:
Praying harder/more faith
More Police
Another Gun law
Another law against shooting someone

Is also foolish.

i'm not gonna re-read it, but where in the story it was said a black man!? feeling a little racist today!? :S

Read it again.

The gunman with the pistol was described as black, about 6 feet tall, thin and wearing a red hoodie, Davis said. A description of the man who was with him wasn’t available.

Well he was just working with what he had to hand, 'improvise, adapt and .... Oh dear'.

But at least the man died fully living that which he believed in, I have more respect for him than those who live their lives believing in nothing and fearing everything.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.cantonrep.com/topstories/x438808575/Jackson-man-shot-to-death-at-Bible-study-in-Canton

All we're missing here is politics and this would be running on all Speaker's Corner cylinders.

Dale really died a martyr. The Bible says there’s no greater love than to lay down one’s life for a friend. Dale loved us,” said a man who had been with him.

Just wow. Some crazy ideas in that holy book.

I met an atheist once that was convinced owls were not birds because, "they look nothing like them" (I kid you not.) I suppose I should extrapolate from that encounter all atheists are morons, no? I mean, that's a pretty stupid belief to cling to.

As for your quote and comment, are you suggesting it is not admirable to die in order to save a friend? Because the way I read your last bit, you think that's a pretty crazy idea. Maybe you could explain that notion to one person I know who would not be here today if his friend hadn't died for him (by jumping on a grenade). I'm sure he'd like to know what a moron you think his buddy was.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

"Stay away from religion... that shits bad for you"

He was just another conservatard christian idiot

bunch of stupid, fucking dumbwits

amazes me again and again, how delusional those "religious" people really are

I also find it vastly amusing that so predictable an outcome was the result.

roflmao... if it wasnt so goat-fucking stupid and he wasnt dead yet, i'd LOVE to tell him to the face, "told ye' so!"..

Once again I am in awe at the amount of anti-religious bigoty upon display here. You folks take the actions of one person, and then extrapolate it to the entire set of religious people/christians. Simply amazing. And even worse, some of you even express pleasure at the man's death in this manner.

I'm disgusted.

And the parallel could be drawn with those people who think that we skydivers are crazy for jumping out of airplanes, and then when one of friends dies from a malfunction, they gloat in messages attached to the newspaper blogs, saying things like "Well duh, what did they expect?". And we are all disgusted with such people for not understanding us, and their heartlessness at making fun of the death of one of our buddies.

And here you folks are, doing the same thing.

I now return this program to the stake-burning lion-feeding bigots.

I don't often agree with you John, but I think you have a point.

I do think the guy was misguided though.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

:D:D:D

Only an anti-religious bigot would bet against that..
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Be carefull of that bad mojo man...this is probably the same type of athiestic mentality that caused this asshole to kill the kid...

Or, to put it another way...

And OTOH, maybe the killer was very anti-religious, and was outraged by the young man's faith.

Oooooooo....he could be posting here in SC!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Dale was my friend and former roomate. He was a "born again christian". We sort of lost touch after we all moved away, and he got really into his church. However, whenever we would see each other on campus we would always talk. Regardless of everyones opinion about the story, Dale was one of the nicest people I ever knew, and I am gonna miss seeing him around. He was set to graduate with me this December.
BASE 1384

"Stay away from religion... that shits bad for you"

He was just another conservatard christian idiot

bunch of stupid, fucking dumbwits

amazes me again and again, how delusional those "religious" people really are

I also find it vastly amusing that so predictable an outcome was the result.

roflmao... if it wasnt so goat-fucking stupid and he wasnt dead yet, i'd LOVE to tell him to the face, "told ye' so!"..

Once again I am in awe at the amount of anti-religious bigoty upon display here. You folks take the actions of one person, and then extrapolate it to the entire set of religious people/christians. Simply amazing. And even worse, some of you even express pleasure at the man's death in this manner.

I'm disgusted.

And the parallel could be drawn with those people who think that we skydivers are crazy for jumping out of airplanes, and then when one of friends dies from a malfunction, they gloat in messages attached to the newspaper blogs, saying things like "Well duh, what did they expect?". And we are all disgusted with such people for not understanding us, and their heartlessness at making fun of the death of one of our buddies.

And here you folks are, doing the same thing.

I now return this program to the stake-burning lion-feeding bigots.

Fully agree with you John.

http://www.cantonrep.com/topstories/x438808575/Jackson-man-shot-to-death-at-Bible-study-in-Canton

All we're missing here is politics and this would be running on all Speaker's Corner cylinders.

Dale really died a martyr. The Bible says there’s no greater love than to lay down one’s life for a friend. Dale loved us,” said a man who had been with him.

I met an atheist once that was convinced owls were not birds because, "they look nothing like them" (I kid you not.) I suppose I should extrapolate from that encounter all atheists are morons, no? I mean, that's a pretty stupid belief to cling to.

As for your quote and comment, are you suggesting it is not admirable to die in order to save a friend? Because the way I read your last bit, you think that's a pretty crazy idea. Maybe you could explain that notion to one person I know who would not be here today if his friend hadn't died for him (by jumping on a grenade). I'm sure he'd like to know what a moron you think his buddy was.

Jumping on a grenade isn't martyrdom, it's heroism.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Jumping on a grenade isn't martyrdom, it's heroism.

We're talking about laying your life down for a friend. You think that idea is crazy...period.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Jesus Christ saved him, his body is dead but his spirit will live on forever with God.

Also it's stated in the article that the man shot was found praying in tongues, asking God to forgive his attacker. Why isn't that the focus here?

A man shot who later died, and his concern was the salvation of the man who shot him.

This is a display of the Love of Christ.
I am ALIVE!

Jesus Christ saved him, his body is dead but his spirit will live on forever with God.

Also it's stated in the article that the man shot was found praying in tongues, asking God to forgive his attacker. Why isn't that the focus here?

A man shot who later died, and his concern was the salvation of the man who shot him.

This is a display of the Love of Christ.

That may not be the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard, but it is certainly in contention.

Regardless of everyones opinion about the story, Dale was one of the nicest people I ever knew, and I am gonna miss seeing him around.

The knee-jerk reaction of many here to mock what happened to your friend is typical and sad, Conor. He was faced with an impassible situation and reacted to it the best way and possibly only way he knew how.

The people joking about what happened to Dale are disconnected from the fact that he was a friend and companion and human being trying to connect to his world in his own way.
Owned by Remi #?

That may not be the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard, but it is certainly in contention.

Holy shit, Windsor. I've been lock step with most of the things you've posted here about religion, but this is petty, mean bullshit.

The kid didn't go out one evening waving a bible and provoking someone into attacking him because he though Jesus would get his back...

He walked out of a bible study and was attacked and killed. He had no tangible way to defend himself. He resorted to the only thing he had to work with, which was his faith. Even if you think his faith was misguided, there's no honor at all in being such a complete prick about it.
Owned by Remi #?