airdvr

“In the name of Jesus, your gun won’t fire,”

That may not be the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard, but it is certainly in contention.

Holy shit, Windsor. I've been lock step with most of the things you've posted here about religion, but this is petty, mean bullshit.

The kid didn't go out one evening waving a bible and provoking someone into attacking him because he though Jesus would get his back...

He walked out of a bible study and was attacked and killed. He had no tangible way to defend himself. He resorted to the only thing he had to work with, which was his faith. Even if you think his faith was misguided, there's no honor at all in being such a complete prick about it.

Look, the dumb son of a bitch told someone pointing a gun at him that the gun would not work. It seems he was as wrong about that as he was about everything.

Being too stupid to live is not a particularly sympathetic condition.

The assailant should be put to sleep as a matter of course, but the deceased took a Darwinian approach to the encounter - with wholly predictable results.

That may not be the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard, but it is certainly in contention.

Holy shit, Windsor. I've been lock step with most of the things you've posted here about religion, but this is petty, mean bullshit.

The kid didn't go out one evening waving a bible and provoking someone into attacking him because he though Jesus would get his back...

He walked out of a bible study and was attacked and killed. He had no tangible way to defend himself. He resorted to the only thing he had to work with, which was his faith. Even if you think his faith was misguided, there's no honor at all in being such a complete prick about it.

Look, the dumb son of a bitch told someone pointing a gun at him that the gun would not work. It seems he was as wrong about that as he was about everything.

The assailant should be put to sleep as a matter of course, but the deceased took a Darwinian approach to the encounter - with wholly predictable results.

Depending on your view of reality this could be true, I'm just saying I have found your position to be false.

You haven't experienced what I have, my relationship with God is personal and real. Only God can grant you the faith to live a life devoted to Him. It all starts with a genuine search for truth. Have you given yourself even to the possibility of God?
I am ALIVE!

Depending on your view of reality this could be true, I'm just saying I have found your position to be false.

You haven't experienced what I have, my relationship with God is personal and real. Only God can grant you the faith to live a life devoted to Him. It all starts with a genuine search for truth. Have you given yourself even to the possibility of God?

why should he, and how does your relationship to mickey mouse has anything to do with the topic at hand!?

remember that scene from crocodile dundee!? "hey, i have a knife!" - "that's a knife? now THAT'S a knife!"
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I am kind of flattered, as if a junkie had offered me some heroin.

"Hey, man, you should try some of this - it's great! I can't even get the needle out of my arm before all my pain is gone and everything I was worried about turns out not to matter at all!"

If you stick to the claim that having an invisible friend makes you feel better, that's fine. Feeling better is a good thing.

When you cross the line and claim that your invisible friend has magical powers, and that you are now immune to the laws of Physics, your standpoint is immediately and demonstrably false.

Delusion has wide appeal, since reality has a tendency to be nasty. The Disney version of nature is a whole lot more pleasant than most of what one encounters in person, for example.

Your standpoint that what constitutes "reality" is somehow negotiable immediately discredits whatever else you might claim. I reserve the right to summarily dismiss contentions made upon the basis of hand-waving.

I am not trying to sway you to my stance. If you are happy with your invisible friend, great. However, given the choice of being a blissful junkie or living a life of pain, I am cool with the pain.

BSBD,

Winsor

Wow, holier than thou certainly comes to mind. You don't need an "invisable friend" to know just a tiny bit about compassion.

I hope you and those you love are perfect. Or at least that if they are not, you never post about it here.

Wow, holier than thou certainly comes to mind. You don't need an "invisable friend" to know just a tiny bit about compassion.

Why? I do not claim to tap into some means of interfering with physical reality. If I do something that has consequences that are known in advance, I do not expect to get a pass on said consequences.

I hope you and those you love are perfect. Or at least that if they are not, you never post about it here.

Where did that come from? Why do you suppose that taking someone to task for a fatal bout of stupidity implies that I expect any particular immunity?

If someone I loved was stupid enough to invite the application of lethal force, I assure you that I would not defend said stupidity.

Having said that, the person who inflicted said lethal force would have made a very grave mistake in doing so.

BSBD.

Winsor

If someone I loved was stupid enough to invite the application of lethal force, I assure you that I would not defend said stupidity.

Who said anything about defending. Hopefully for you, there will be les people around who will continually enjoy making fun of them or their perceived stupidity.

How come I have not seen you mocking Mychal Judge. He was praying Jesus, please end this right now! God, please end this!, the moment he was killed.

Would you care to display this open mockery, say in front of New York City fire house? Will your words be just as strong in front of them? Or, are you really nothing more than a typical internet commando?

Jesus Christ saved him

Have proof of that?

Fact is that praying for the gun to not work... Didn't

This is a display of the Love of Christ.

No one is saying the slain man didn't have faith.... I am saying that faith didn't prevent the gun from firing and killing him.

If the bullets had stopped in mid air and then dropped.... I'd have given credit to God for saving the mans life.... But the gun fired, and the bullets hit the man and he died.

Thinking that praying will stop a violent attack... Clearly didn't work.

Who said anything about defending. Hopefully for you, there will be les people around who will continually enjoy making fun of them or their perceived stupidity.

How come I have not seen you mocking Mychal Judge. He was praying Jesus, please end this right now! God, please end this!, the moment he was killed.

Would you care to display this open mockery, say in front of New York City fire house? Will your words be just as strong in front of them? Or, are you really nothing more than a typical internet commando?

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, which I suspect makes it unanimous.

If Judge was praying while carrying wounded to safety, fine. If he was praying INSTEAD of helping, I am unimpressed.

When I was 13 the attempt was made to give me Extreme Unction/Last Rites before going into surgery from which I was not expected to recover. I sent them packing in no uncertain terms.

I assure you that I do not show one iota more respect for contemptible behavior in person than I do online - not that it matters. WYSIWYG.

You clearly have no idea who and what I am, and I am uninterested in who and what you are. Go forth and prosper.

BSBD,

Winsor

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, which I suspect makes it unanimous.

Since you are alone, that indeed would make it unanimous.

If Judge was praying while carrying wounded to safety, fine. If he was praying INSTEAD of helping, I am unimpressed.

He was administering last rites in the lobby of the north tower as the NYFD Chaplain.

Why don't you go and call him a "dumb son of a bitch"?
Was he "too stupid to live" as well?
Was his death "vastly amusing" to you as well?

I assure you that I do not show one iota more respect for contemptible behavior in person than I do online - not that it matters. WYSIWYG.

In that case, go to a local fire hall and make the statements outlined above about Father Mychal Judge.

You clearly have no idea who and what I am,

Au contraire, it is fully on display for all to see.

You clearly have no idea who and what I am

Are you the same Winsor Naugler as the Winsor Naugler III in: State v. Naugler, 2005-Ohio-6274?

Yup, that's me.

If so, wow, a liar, criminal and irresponsible gun owner. And then you call other people stupid....

All demonstrably false. Except the part about pointing out stupidity, of course.

BSBD,

Winsor

Just make sure you keep your fingers down when you drive.....

WTF is it you think you're talking about?

I think that's a reference to this, from message #65, in which you admitted you were the defendent:
State v. Naugler

Wow. JR's new low .... :S:S

Not to worry. If it's on the internet, it must be the unvarnished truth.

You know, GIGO - garbage in, gospel out.

BSBD,

Winsor

I think that's a reference to this, from message #65, in which you admitted you were the defendent:
State v. Naugler

BSBD,

Winsor

Were you not the defendant in the case mentioned?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

State v. Naugler

BSBD,

Winsor

That's not exactly the question. Digging out private matters of a poster and showing them in this forum is a No-Go for me. Like presenting PMs here.

Lowest class. But, not that surprising.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

State v. Naugler

Well to be fair, unless you're saying that's not actually the opinion from the appellate court judgement then the fact that it was on the internet has nothing to do with it.

And then, if you're saying that the 911 calls didn't describe you driving along pointing your fingers/gun at people then I would be quite interested in hearing your explanation of how two unrelated people, in a short period of time, happened to both feel the need to phone the police accusing you of doing something you weren't doing...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?