skyrider

Becoming a "Mod" here?

I am a "Mod" on another forum, and a BIG part of what I had to agree with is to be "Nuetral"
The Mods here are Outspoken, and give Opinions, (mostly liberal)

I have never seen a forum where "mods" give "opinons" , kind of blows the whole reason for being a "Moderator" now doesn't it?
so what does it take to be a "Mod" here?

If this post is deleted, I will figure my question has been answered!

Drama queen :P

Mods here are, imo, very neutral when moderating. However, that doesn't mean they cannot express an opinion. Of course people are human, and make mistakes or judgement calls. Part of the job.

Remember, no-one is moderating WHAT you think, just how it's expressed.

Performance Designs Factory Team

I am a "Mod" on another forum, and a BIG part of what I had to agree with is to be "Nuetral"

I have never seen a forum where "mods" give "opinons" , kind of blows the whole reason for being a "Moderator" now doesn't it?

Why should it be deleted?

What do you mean with *Nuetral*. Bran?

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Skyrider asked in the OP:

LMAO

Then Ian Posted:

Drama queen :P

I will have to agree . . . With Ian . . . on this one issue.:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why should it be deleted?

What do you mean with *Nuetral*. Bran?

:P

Asterik

Quotation Marks

:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

But they are a mix of opinions and in my experience are very fair. (speaking as one who has been banned from a forum!)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Not stating your views is not part of the agreement here. They did seek out a moderator who was conservative for SC, but he's not as active here any more.

Not giving people more or less slack based on your views probably is part of the agreement, or should be.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The mods here simply make sure others follow the rules.

They are entitled to their opinions. And free to express and argue those opinions.

I have yet to see a post deleted or a poster banned simply for disagreeing or arguing with one of the mods.

One in particular will allow more slack if you are arguing with him than he allows if you are arguing with others.

I don't see any political "side" getting banned more than another, although I do wish the blatant trolling and indirect name calling was punished a bit more. Acting like a 3-year-old doesn't seem to be bannable. I would like to see constant infantile behavior clamped down on a little harder.

But it isn't my site. It's Sangrio's. It's been said more than once that this place isn't a democracy. If you don't like it, leave and start your own place.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

If this were a straight up "high-school" debate and the moderators could affect the outcome, cause one side to "win" and the other to "lose" by silencing people's opinions, there may be a conflict of interest and you might have a very valid point.

I've only been a moderator on this web site for about 10 years. There may have been a situation I'm not aware of where that's happened, but like I said, I'm not aware of it. If you find an instance where anybody's opinion has been silenced due to a moderator abusing his power, please bring it to our attention.

I personally have banned less than a dozen people in the entire time I've moderated here. None of those instances had anything to do with my opinion on a particular subject, but had everything to do with a blatant violation of The Rules.

I'm pretty sure all the moderators here have taken their share of abuse from the users. I think you'd be surprised at the range of abuse too. In a couple of cases, pretty low-down, cowardly and nasty stuff too like trying to get them fired from their real life jobs or trying to get them in trouble with the law . . . all over some piddlyassed internet disagreement of opinion.

What an incredibly boring place the world would be if we all held the same opinion. As much as I disagree with some people here, I'll defend their right to say just about anything as long as they follow The Rules and allow others to voice their opinion as well.

If we as moderators aren't going to silence you the users; if we're going to let you voice your opinions on the topics of the day, then maybe you should cut us some slack for doing likewise and not try to silence us just because we have an opinion you don't agree with. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I have yet to see a post deleted or a poster banned simply for disagreeing or arguing with one of the mods.

Exactly.

Even though it's been whinged about a lot by some people... it just doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure, from what I've seen, that PAs against mods usually get more leeway than PAs against other users. And if it does get too blatant, it'll be a different mod that acts on it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Exactly.

Even though it's been whinged about a lot by some people... it just doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure, from what I've seen, that PAs against mods usually get more leeway than PAs against other users. And if it does get too blatant, it'll be a different mod that acts on it.

Oh... there have been a couple posters at least...that have a permaban on them for a PA towards a mod:ph34r:

I say we flog them all now that you've broken the conspiracy; good work.

Explain how Bill lets every redneck POS go off on me left and right, then complete your theory.

And some posters have decided to try and skirt the rules, by maybe not calling one poster a nasty name, but calling a group of posters that name, or insinuating that poster belong in a group being called a nasty name. For example. Some posters can't handle folks disagreeing with them withur branding all disagreement with a nasty name.

But be nice to the [Green]greenies[/Green]. They have inherited the all mighty red hot Fork !
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

And some posters have decided to try and skirt the rules, by maybe not calling one poster a nasty name, but calling a group of posters that name, or insinuating that poster belong in a group being called a nasty name. For example. Some posters can't handle folks disagreeing with them withur branding all disagreement with a nasty name.

But be nice to the [Green]greenies[/Green]. They have inherited the all mighty red hot Fork !

Oh you mean like everyone that is not wearing their particular brand of jackboots is referred to as libs.... or demoKKKrats???:S:S:S

Ahem, shall I remind you of republiturds, rePUBICans, republiclowns, and all the others, not to mentions throwing out the occassional fascist or Nazi comment? Butbyes, youbgot the point nicely, if a bit lopsided. (par for the course, eh?)

I just picked the first whiner and ran with it. Why climb the tree when the low hanging fruit is at arms' reach?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Ahem, shall I remind you of republiturds, rePUBICans, republiclowns, and all the others, not to mentions throwing out the occassional fascist or Nazi comment? Butbyes, youbgot the point nicely, if a bit lopsided. (par for the course, eh?)

I just picked the first whiner and ran with it. Why climb the tree when the low hanging fruit is at arms' reach?

Oh we could go on and on... but YOU see what you want to..... Its been going on for years...I for one was sick of the crap back then.. and have responded in kind. It was one of the reasons for the creation of SC to segregate it from Talkback in the first place.

I would be happy to be civil.... but I sure as hell do not see any civility coming from all those with bedsores on their right sides.. from all that LEANING.

lib is not a perjorative , it's an exact legitimate description , come on libs , man up be honest own your title , and be proud of it. now demonrat , that's a perjorative !

AS currently used by the current crop of consevetards...... anyone that does not kick it to that fringe right linedance... is a lib in the collective wee little peapod mind.

lib is not a perjorative , it's an exact legitimate description , come on libs , man up be honest own your title , and be proud of it. now demonrat , that's a perjorative !

AS currently used by the current crop of consevetards...... anyone that does not kick it to that fringe right linedance... is a lib in the collective wee little peapod mind.

as used implies knowing motivations , what is it with you libs judging others intent ? unless you're psychic stick to judging actions . and by lib i mean complimentarily !