skyrider

Becoming a "Mod" here?

>quade , don't be jealous , and no i won't date you !
as used that implies knowing motivations , what is it with you GOPers judging others intent ? unless you're psychic stick to judging actions .

wow , now it's a mod double team , and no i won't join your menage a trois !

Not stating your views is not part of the agreement here. They did seek out a moderator who was conservative for SC, but he's not as active here any more.

Not giving people more or less slack based on your views probably is part of the agreement, or should be.

Wendy P.

Why is Tom not active did Bill ban him?:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

:D
I think real life got in the way of postwhoring. Some people have the weirdest priorities :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

[replyrepubliturds, rePUBICans, republiclowns, consevetards......
my vocabulary is E X P A N D I N G !!!
:)

Well I am glad to help ya out Andy.:ph34r:

republiturds[/url] You need to try harder and find the people who do use that and render proper attribution.

rePUBICans Refers to that segment of the GOP that has a pathological need to know what everyone else is doing in their bedrooms and wishes to legislate against anything they do not approve of ( until they are caught doing it themselves then they become rePUBIClowns)

[url "http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=republiclowns&search_type=AND&search_fields=b&search_time=&search_user_username=amazon&sb=post_time&mh=100" ">republiclowns
A misspelling of the more common rePUBIClowns

rePUBIClowns See rePUBICans above

consevetards...... A misspelling of the proper conservatard

conservatard
More of the DO AS I SAY AND NOT AS I DO crowd... in this case though referring to those who started out with a 2 digit IQ and through the consumption of large quantities of strong drink and or strong nose candy, have managed to lower what was already a marginal IQ

Republican a member of the party that actually believes in fiscal responsibility, small government, serving their country and is willing to work for a better America. ( A rarity within the GOP that is certainly no longer grand. Most current GOP members refer to these people as RINO’s

republiturds, rePUBICans, republiclowns, consevetards......
my vocabulary is E X P A N D I N G !!!
:)

She must have been educated by the same people that educated the approval comittee of this sign.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So even though it was the advertising company that made the mistake (at least that's what they said), it's still the evil liberal school's fault because they educated them?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So even though it was the advertising company that made the mistake (at least that's what they said), it's still the evil liberal school's fault because they educated them?

Wendy P.

Somebody educated them, right?

If a group of people are not understanding the subject, is it the student or the teacher that needs to change?

I wrote: She must have been educated by the same people that educated the approval comittee of this sign.

Could you show me where, in what I wrote, the words "Evil" or "Liberal" were used?

Could it be that you were throwing out an intentional misdirection, or was that just a Freudian slip on your part?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

After adulthood it's one's own responsibility. And if the educators are to blame for the mistakes, are they also to be credited with the overwhelming majority of good grammar and spelling?:)

Wendy P.

After adulthood it's one's own responsibility. And if the educators are to blame for the mistakes, are they also to be credited with the overwhelming majority of good grammar and spelling?:)

Nope. Unfortunately, that credit goes to spell-check and grammar-check.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Nope. Unfortunately, that credit goes to spell-check and grammar-check.

Depends on your age.

It used to be that you had to actually learn how to do those things correctly.

My son is only 26 and he had his grammar corrected in school.

If it's important to read past the bad grammar and spelling in adults, who supposedly are mature and can get past it, shouldn't there be times when people (even teachers) read past the grammar and spelling in what children write?

Wendy P.

> And if the educators are to blame for the mistakes, are they also to be
>credited with the overwhelming majority of good grammar and spelling?

I would think that by now you'd know how things work around here!

If they are liberal:

The educators are to blame for poorly educated students. If they are well educated, then all the credit goes to the student for living the independent conservative ideal of self-improvement, and not their ivory-tower elitist out of touch professor.

If they are conservative:

The educators do their absolute best to provide excellent education for all students, and if they produce well-educated students, then it's an indication of how superior conservative educators are. If they don't produce good students, it's because the students are liberal.

My son is only 26 and he had his grammar corrected in school.

If it's important to read past the bad grammar and spelling in adults, who supposedly are mature and can get past it, shouldn't there be times when people (even teachers) read past the grammar and spelling in what children write?

Wendy P.

Did you not see the articles reagrding spell check in school?

I personally think that the option should be diabled on all school provided computers and a code provided* that has to be included in all papers written on any computer other than a shcool provided one.

*Code provided: A code of some sort that verifies that a document printed or generated by a word processing program was not subjected to any spelling and/or grammar checks automated or utilized by the computer or any of its software programs.

Being 26 means that he really didn't do much on the computer for schoolwork until high school. Spelling and grammar are generally pretty well established by then.

Wendy P.

One way to do that is simply to have the student turn in all work that needs grammar and spelling evaluated in longhand.

Wendy P.

Being 26 means that he really didn't do much on the computer for schoolwork until high school. Spelling and grammar are generally pretty well established by then.

Wendy P.

The finer points are defined in High School English and High School Literature courses.

One way to do that is simply to have the student turn in all work that needs grammar and spelling evaluated in longhand.

Wendy P.

True, but it is not as efficient.

I don't think we've been talking about "finer points of English" on SC as a rule :ph34r:. There are a whole lot of finer points of English that I don't know (pretty much everything that has to do with Deconstruction -- that just doesn't make much sense to me). And as far as using longhand to write out material in school: school isn't meant to be all about efficiency. If it were, kids wouldn't have to write out their homework when they just learned it that afternoon (at least that's what I told my parents when I didn't want to do my homework).

Wendy P.