skymama

Weekend Numbers

There will be no skydiving in Central Fl today, so I'll start the numbers. Remember it's humps (or make something up):jumps:beer owed

0 (number of days we've had no rain in the last 2 weeks):3:1

I finally hit the peas, and I was actually aiming for them! B| Now that I've gotten used to landing this loaner Spectre from PD, and they'll probably give me my Sabre 2 back next week.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, that's an easy one.

0:0:1

First time breaking a bone. Unfortunately I did it running to the plane for my first jump of the weekend, so... no jumping for Andy. Not for a very long time.

The weekend was fun though. I hung out at the DZ all day saturday, and saturday night was a fundraiser for MS. I gave away a boatload of money, so maybe my karma will improve.

I did win few prises in the raffle, though. I won a monkey claw tilly hat, and - get this - a free video'd skydive. How's that for irony?

Oh well. Here's to fast healing.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

3 more days till Raeford:7:2

I am finally numbered! I got my "Team Funnel" number at Skydive Chicago on Friday. You can now call me "Dancing Queen" TF#109! The other first: landing in the cool area at my old home...I had my last jump there (again) this past weekend.

I also saw Robin Williams last night. Funny stuff!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

2 (Number of days I had to work this weekend):2:0

Yeah...so I had to work. That sucked. I still managed to get in a couple jumps on Saturday. It's OK though.....I have Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday off this coming week. I should also be at Raeford for some impromptu boogie action this coming weekend. Send good vibes for me Wed and Thur....I'm taking the Coach's course!!!! B|

2 helmets that rolled out the back of the casa:5:0

6 way sit, filmed a 6 way then filmed an AFI/coach jump, Hopped on a 15ish way zoo jump for Nati's 1000th (CONGRATS!!!), then a sunset cross country/clear and pull load that I talked to 4 different people under canopy on. Cajun and I flew just inches from an end cell scrape for at least 10 seconds. We wanted to just scrape, not bump and its harder then i thought it would be. The other 3 I got under canopy were a blast to talk to also.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

0/5/4

First landing where I walked away feeling OOOHH SOOOO DAMN LUCKY for being in the bar instead of in hospital.
Saturday I came in on front riser (90° to double fronts) when I shouldn't have, it was quite bumpy. the wind dropped, so my flare came too late, my knees hit the ground and I barely managed to pull up and land on my feet.
Payed massive beer for this one, a few inches lower and my season would have come to an early end...
Today I didn't do any low turns, same bumpyness.
"Don't make me come down there" - God.

My site:http://www.skystudio.nl/video.html
Some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomSkyStudio

40 (dollars spent on a new hydration pack):2:0

Did a 10 way (2 points) and a 5 way (5 points on a brainlocker of dive) Saturday before the standard Perris summer afternoon dust devils and turbulence came up and I decided to stay down.

Too damn hot to jump today so I went shoppin' instead B|. Been wanting a hydration pack for awhile; my mtn. bike is going to the bike shop this week to get tuned up and ready to ride again so I figured it was time to replace the old fashioned bottles with something better.

12 mosquito bites:9:1

weather was great most of the day yesterday (got a late start) and started to get iffy later in the day today. had some aswesome jumps with my team, jumped a new main since mine is away getting relined, a heatwave. nice, incredible glide, even compared to stilettos i've jumped. way overshot my target, btu not as snappy.

funny- our OC had to sit out early today so we picked up someoen not incredibly familiar with 4way (but had an interest). funniest jump i've done in a long time, huge funnels, but everyone was laughing hysterically the entire time. at one point we were in a canadian T getting ready for the block and she yanked me before grips were broken so i swung over the top like a merry go round. good stuff.

ah come on now, they flew 5 loads at Deland today.... of course the last load went up as did the winds, made for interesting landing areas. I did 20 minutes of tunnel.

Stacy, I can't belive you guy would take a newbie on a divbe that had canadian tee in it....[:/]

3:10:0

First time seeing a demo at night through flames at Firebird Raceway. First time playing Airplane with Neal from Airspeed (what a hoot) just like a kid!
First time jumping at 6:00 AM.....man was it ever beautiful.
Ten training jumps with new cameraman....I had to laugh because he asked me:"If I bump into you in the air are you going to yell at me?" LOL My reply was:"Only if you knock a bunch of teeth out, then again my friends at DZ.Com will enjoy you buying them all a round!";)
Cheers!

0:1:0

Would have had more than one in the second column, but:

Finally, after 4 straight weeks of being weathered out got up to blue skies on Saturday. Get out to the dz and find out Tara is not working in manifest. Ordinarily, no problem, but her husband Bobby has my rig for I&R! :o Manifest nicely calls Bobby for me and he says "Ooops!". So we sit and watch jumpers have fun and wait for my rig to show up. Finally Bobby shows up and I manifest us.:)
Did a nice linked hybrid exit with Lynn and then we turn 4 more points. Probably would have had more, but we both were rushing things a bit. Rust, I guess.:D

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

3,678,023:0:1

3,678,024: times I looked at the sky thinking "I wanna be there!!!!"....
0: will change in a month (if I continue to heal adequately)
1:beer owed because I showed a guy one single home, and we wrote a full price offer on it (still waiting to hear about it, tho)....Damn, I'm good....;)

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

B| 0:0:2

Had to work, but it was at the DZ. Got two in this morning untill noon and the weather blew in. Three jumpers got blown off site and one hooked into a tree and advoided the power lines. She did not get a scratch, but part of the canopy is still in the tree.

42(number of miles out of the way i drove when i got lost):13:0

What a weekend!! 12 awesome skydives and 1 tandem as a practice student to help someone get his tandem rating.

The getting lost and driving 42 extra miles kinda pisses me off. Wildblue promised to buy me a road atlas about a year ago and he never did....everyone should tell him to buy me the atlas, then maybe i wouldn't get lost so much. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

>:(:>:(:>:(

THIS SUCKS ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

If I were a cartoon little spikes of agitation would be flying from my head.

This was my BIG SATURDAY -- my first regular Saturday off! I was all gonna make a bunch of jumps and stuff. :(

But no. It poured rain all day. POURED RAIN.

Oh well, at least the aquifer level is up. Not that I have a lawn to water.

I just figured out that I've averaged about 4.2 jumps per month since I started jumping. *long deep self-pitying sigh*
Skydiving is for cool people only

I thought women were good about stopping to ask for directions????

I wouldn't need to stop if i had a road atlas. I did stop and wash my car while i was lost though....that was more important than finding my way home....rule #1 is to always look good!!B|

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I thought women were good about stopping to ask for directions????

everyone knows skychicks have bigger balls than normal chicks, maybe they get the 'i don't need no stinking directions' gene with the balls! ;):D
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001