skymama

Weekend Numbers

Lost? Lost you say? Bwahhhhhhh I use to get lost in my home town, then I learned how to read a map....

Exactly my point. If Wildblue would've bought me the damn road atlas he promised me, i wouldn't get lost!!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

0:0:0

Wildblue promised to buy me a road atlas about a year ago and he never did...

If Wildblue would've bought me the damn road atlas he promised me, i wouldn't get lost!!!

Yeah, yeah......it's always the guy's fault....

Correct me if I'm wrong....is it illegal for women in Ohio to buy a road atlas for themselves ? :)

Don

Correct me if I'm wrong....is it illegal for women in Ohio to buy a road atlas for themselves ?

No, but that's not the point. When someone says they're going to buy you something, they should buy it for you.:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Oh man You mean to tell me I should still expect that $1.2 mil house that my ex said he was going to buy for me..and then moved his g/f into?
Bwaaaaaaaa yeah like I'm going to wait around for people to do what they say they are going to do. If you need it .....do it yourself saves a lot of hassle in the end......

hey... watch it Don... don't make me sic Jess on you.

Sunshine - ok, I'll buy you the atlas like I said I would when you trade me canopies like you said you would. Oh, and that trip to Hawaii would be nice anytime now.
:P
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

0:2:2

First jump on my own pack job. Only took me 45 minutes to get to the point where it was in the bag. Then I thought that I had bagged it upside down so I pulled it out, only to realize that I had done it right the first time. Total time packing: 1 hour and 10 minutes. Still looked like crap, but it opened pretty nice.

And (drum roll please).... A LICENSE! Finally!

I got in on a pretty messy pieing for Eduardo's 100th. Watched another jumper take a nasty downwinder into a fence. He was fine, just a couple of cuts, a dirty rig, and a bruised ego. Saw a tandem student puke. All in all, a pretty good weekend.

Woohoo Indyz! I'm green with envy!:)
number of walls painted 5:0:0

Windy windy windy all weekend. BUT it's a long weekend and I'm off work early tomorrow, and if the weather is good... ;) Not gonna hold my breath, though.[:/]

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

10 (hours spent drinking alcohol and watching the rain): >:( : >:(

Started drinking at 1:00pm while watching the rain >:(:P Then, watched a couple of drunk skydivers (who will remain nameless...you know who you are girls) watched them mud wrestle in the rain , and yes there is video.:o

Then worked at the dz all day today, so I couldn't jump.[:/] Had fun though!!! Watched the guys drool over the 20 tandem students that were all girls that work at HOOTERS!!!
I'm jumpin next weekend dammit!!!!

Rach
BooYa#1

BooYa#1
GR#50
You might be a skydiver if... Your having sex and she whispers in your ear "I've never done this before" and you yell out "Case of Beer"

Were you freaked out about jumping your own pack job? Just the thought of it gets my gut doing backflips.

I had packed somebody else's rig earlier in the day and I was a nervous wreck until I saw him come under a good canopy. I was still a little nervous about jumping my own pack job but I forgot about it as soon as I went out the door. The jump took me down the side of a 4000 foot tall cloud. It looked sooo freakin' cool. The reason that it took me more than hour to pack was because I started over 5 times. Most of those times I was pretty sure it would have worked, or that I had fixed the mistake I made, but I didn't want to chance it. When I finally closed the rig I was as sure as anybody can be that I had done everything correctly.

0:5:0

Jumped with Harry's 8 way at Perris on Saturday; jumped the new Sabre2 135 demo, too. Much, much nicer than the old out of trim demo; I suspect I was the first one to jump it since everyone else was afraid of the brand new, slippery PD ZP fabric.

Went climbing on Sunday. Did this cool little climb called the Lowenbrau Pinnacle; a 300 foot pinnacle in the middle of the desert. The easiest way up is 5.7 which keeps the rif-raff off.

1.618 (ratio from floor to navel:navel to top of head):11:1

The beer was bought for my first BirdMan jump.

Ya know that phrase "when pigs fly"? It was kinda like that in a lot of ways. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The beer was bought for my first BirdMan jump

You're a good man, Paul.
Thanks for the beer!:)(first saturday spent just hanging out, not jumping while AT the DZ):3:0

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

200+:0:?

$$$ Spent at Perris, even though i didn't get a chance to jump.
? First time at Perris.....HA! I'll buy when I actually get to jump there:P

I do like to support gear stores at DZ's. I only resort to internet buying when I'm not near a gear store. I needed a new altimeter (Got a Galaxy) and a new hook knife (Metal). Spent PLENTY on ice cold Heineken too....

9,872,629 number of times I thought about sex:9:0

What an awesome weekend! Great jumps! This stuff just gets more and more fun every time! I took it real slow though - I'm saving my dough for the $15 jumps from this Wed-Sun at Orange with Mike Ortiz. Yeah Baby!

dove

ummm dove aren't you hitched?

Ummmmm, NO! WAS married to a whuffo. No need to explain, right? And whether I am gettin' some or not I think about it a LOT! Like... ALL THE TIME! There is no cure.

There I go again....
dove

0:3:2

3: first jump was a great 2-way, second one was a 2-way that came not so good (I sucked at this one), third one was a good stable sit only minor problem was that I almost got out of my legstrap at 7k (read the safety forum its under scary ride).

2: First jump with my new jumpsuit and first jump with booties and made a perfect accuracy landing.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

1:1:0 <--- rainy weekend. I at least went to the DZ both days. Could've made a few more jumps on Sunday but one felt good and the winds were a bit on the high side. The one I did my landing stunk. got lined up thinking I'm going to hit the short grass on the west side of the hanger. Ummm as soon as I turned into the wind my Sabre170 decided to loose all drive forward. Pulled the front risers down abit and all I did was fall straight down faster :S was going to have to cross the taxiway and the plane was coming in on my right so I decided to go with the flow and hit north of the taxiway in the tall grass. Had a walk but enjoyed the jump.

Rachill you said there is video of this mud wrestling and you didn't show it too me?? I want to know who it was!! hehe;) I have my ideas but I'm not saying in case I am wrong ;)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

1(number of times I busted my knee on a bad exit that wasn't my fault:8:0

Normal weekend for me, except for my last jump yesterday where the guy giving the count decided to start it over, but wasn't looking at me so I couldn't tell that was what he was doing. I was bombing from the door so when I thought the count was finished I dove. But since the count was messed up there were still people on the strut, so I ended up getting pushed back toward the plane and banged my knee on the step. Nice little stream of blood that had run down my leg by the time I landed.:|

On the plus side, I came off the plane higher than everyone else and was the only person to make it to the low man before breakoff (with a busted knee no less:)
At least I was careful enough not to get any blood on my canopy when I was gathering it up. B|

Oh yea, and I've averaged 14 jumps a month since I started.B|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project