Magistr8

Weekend Numbers, May 3rd and 4th

138 mph of the tandem I was trying to film:4:blah

138 on my belly? I don't fly that fast with my wings. I got great video of the back of the rig and the drogue though. Thank god it was a friends jump and not a customers. 1 hop and pop, 1 CRW, 1 Tandem video, 1 Freefly. Nice mix if I do say so ;)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

5 (days of school left):2:1

Met RevJim and Sarge this weekend; hope to see more of you guys this summer! :)
I had my first reserve ride this weekend! I got a new BOC which was VERY tight, and I couldn't get my PC out at all. I stood up the landing in the main landing area, right next to my freebag. Got my reserve packed back up, learned a better way to pack my PC, and had plenty of sunlight left for another jump that evening. B|

The only shitty thing about it was that I had just picked my rig up from a repack that morning... my main was never even opened between reserve repacks. :S And yes, I already bought the beer. :P

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

Woohoo -- sounds like a great weekend!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

3+/- : 6 : 0

Only three, cause I was wearing a full face helmet, I'm told RevJims kiss doesn't count nor did my 'hug'...

Sorry I missed good-byes Jim, I was having breakfast in bed.... (I hope Sunshine has something good to report in that department!!)

Congrats again on your 100th !
--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Woohoo, congrats on a safe reserve ride!

As for me:

1 (noice booty-call IM last night):fucking ZERO!:0

Weather sucked nutsack this weekend, no jumps for me. I can't even remember the last time I didn't jump a whole weekend...:S Atleast I'm going to be jumping my nutz off during the week this week, that'll help make up for it.

We built some rig-racks today, so that was good. Drank some beer too, so that was good. Atleast some good things came from a no-jump weekend.

Now I'm just waiting for my cool new Single Helix closing pin to come in, that I ordered last week. Should be here tomorrow...WHOOP! (I'm pumped, it's really fucking cool).

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

3+/- : 6 : 0

Only three, cause I was wearing a full face helmet, I'm told RevJims kiss doesn't count nor did my 'hug'...

Sorry I missed good-byes Jim, I was having breakfast in bed.... (I hope Sunshine has something good to report in that department!!)

Congrats again on your 100th !

Thanks Bro!

I'll do combat RW with ya any time!

Just remember what I said, "Full face helmet is good. Lift that visor and ya better have a CYPRES, 'cause I'm gonna knock you out! :P

P.s. She, um, is in a good mood?
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

:):13:0

I'll just let everyone wonder about the first number.

13 jumps, and my body is so bruised and sore. I did a 2way with Lolie on her first jump after her reserve ride. (Noone has 2 reserve rides in a row on 39&40). Was on RevJim's 100th jump. Did a kiss pass with him, then watched him and Sarge do some combat RW while i held my goggles on tight after they tried to slip off my face. Did a bunch of super fun freeflys too. I also went for one helluva motorcycle ride. I like being a bike bitch!!

I will not admit to oweing beer for any firsts that may have happened over the weekend.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

1:5:1

1: First jump with my new A licence!

5: I did three b-rel jumps this weekend. I'm now finished with those! All I have to do now is the accuracy requirements, and I'm qualified for my B licence.

First B-rel was grip changing. Compressed accordian to catepillar, to opposite compressed, to opposite catepillar, turn to face off. I floated on the first point, and took a bit of time coming down again. After that, I cranked through it. Got my face off at 4k, break off altitude. Turn and track. Dumped lowwer than usual. Was in the saddle my about 18, 1900. Crab my canopy in for a standup, ~20m from target.

Second b-rel was fairly complex (for me). Sideshot monopole, outside turn to opposite offset pin. Inside turn to stairstep, outside turn to sideshot, instructor to turn to face off, I turn to outfacing dock. I got through to the turn to sideshot. I did an upper body turn and sunk out a lot, and couldn't get back up in time. Break off at 4.5. Nice landing again. One interesting thing that happened, was that on the first point, I went low, and under my instructor. As I moved out from under him, he fell through my burble and straight into position for the monopole. A perfect vertical transition!

Last b-rel. Fly around the formation. Face off, then an outside turn to sideshot, because I missed this turn on my last jump. Around to catepillar, around to opposite sideshot. Sunk out on this turn, but got back up. Around to face off by 5k! Break off, and a nice long track. Dumped at 3, and backed my canopy in all the way. I had my pilotchute wrapped around one of the steering lines right up at the canopy. It frightened me when I first saw it, but it didn't impede any of my control checks, and didn't move, so I just flew it in.

Did one solo from 10 with my new freefly pants. I just cranked up some leg turns. Made myself dizzy. I had to delta to get out of them.

One H'n'P from 5 with a different canopy. A brand new (~60 jumps) Safire 180. 'Twas a very nice canopy. It opened nice (my first ZP pack). Good with front risers, you could see the increased speed with double fronts. I needed it to avoid backing over the runway. Stall point was just above full arm extension. Landed it tippy toes.

1: carton for my A licence. Bought and drunk.

A very nice weekend.

edit: Just like my logbook entries, I wrote a novel!
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

18/17/387:0:0

Number of trips from the Spinnaker to the airport at Panama City/helicopter loading areas driven/bikers shooed away from loading area each day.

No jumps, hence no beer owed. It was the first time I have spent this many days around active jump operations while healthy that I did not get a jump in, but if anyone thinks I'm going to buy beer for that, thay had best check which planet they are from, 'cause there ain't no force on this Earth is gonna make me!:P

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

The winds played havoc with much of my weekend, but if you include Friday as part of my weekend jumps stats, I had some respectable numbers:

1:8:0

I witnessed 1 crazy assed manuever by a pilot (who I don't personnally know) at Jeff Sand's memorial (after most people left). This pilot not only put his life in danger, but also had a passenger who he was trying to impress. It was crazy I tell you, I thought I was about to see my first live plane crash. But thank god he pulled up just in time and missed the hangers. Shit that's the last thing we needed, another plane crash. >:(

8 jumps, some in zero winds (good swoops) some in moderately high squirelly winds. :S

no beers owed, but many beers bought Saturday afternoon for the post memorial festivities.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

>1 really stupid downwind swoop on a borrowed canopy

I commend you for this. What was the result?
---

It was a 120, it doesn't come out of the riser turn as fast as my 135, but I didn't learn this until I was coming out of the hook, so instead of a crosswind, I was going downwind. It was a very long swoop, but there was no way I could stand it up, so I tumbled and put grass stains on the borrowed rig:(, a very bad thing to do, made me feel like a jerk, not really something that deserves commendation

And yes, I already bought the beer.

No comment! :P

Okay, so you bought the beer, but I paid for it!

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

3:3:0

Took Friday off to jump with friends at Mile-Hi. Nice to know I can still sit-fly after doing a lot of coach jumps on my belly.

One memorial service for a fallen skydiver, followed by one wedding (same day).
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

1200 miles driven to colorado: 0 : 0

damn winds in colorado sucked... if i would of left my friends place on sunday morning early i would of made two loads at skydive the rockies, but oh well..... got to see some friends from CO and even got to watch hooknswoop play with a altitude chamber thingy.......

1/1000:19:0

Didn't stand up a landing this weekend....A size/type of canopy that I have over 1,000 jumps on.(I guess my canopy is too small?) I swooped past my teamate, and he gave me a look that got me to laughing so hard, that I forgot I was moving... I kept looking at him over my shoulder. Next thing I know I am sliding before I was ready and going down...Brushed myself off, and took a bow.

19 team jumps....Florida ROCKS.

0 beer
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

1:2:0

Not bad considering I had to work Saturday. At least I got a couple of jumps in. And I made one new friend. I finally got to meet Mouth at the DZ. I had a blast Saturday Lisa. Good drinking a beer with ya. We'll jump together next time.;)

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!

Edit to add that I get to meet Beemertech Steve Saturday night. What a nice guy, and he's hot too girls.

:$Aw, shucks.:$

You're too sweet Lisa. No traffic at all going home.

Blue Skies
Steve
Ok, so it's pink, but I'm secure in my manhood, and I still look cool coming in under it!