Magistr8

Weekend Numbers, May 3rd and 4th

My weekend is done I'll get things started.

0:0:0

Damn wind made for a really bad saturday and sunday is out for personal reasons.

edited to add a line before my sig.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

0:10:2

Sorry to hear about your weekend, but mine was good so that is good. 5 jumps for my 1st accuracy meet at skydive snohomish (i didn't do too bad either) and then 5 other non-comp jumps that were just as fun. 1 case of beer for the comp. and another for jumping a stiletto 150 for the 1st time. Damn, what a difference going from a triathlon 160 to a stiletto 150.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

0:0:0

I got out of work at 3:30 today and though about grabbing my gear and racing up to East Troy, but I decided to go home and get some work done. 7 hours later I haven't done a thing. Drat.

See y'all at Diez De Mayo.

5:5:7: Five hours we waited for the Cinco De Mayo Boogie to start. 5 jumps it took to nail my sit with a 360 in each direction. 7 hours of drinking at the Bomb Shelter for Jack Gramley's going away party. 1 old girlfriend that I saw after 7 years that grew up onto the woman I always wanted.:):ph34r:

Dom

woohoo
2:2:xx
first 2 jumps the last 7month,xx beers owned(cant count that high:S)to all thouse who helped me to keep the spirit the last 7monthB|
#1bummer:i have a tjeck at the doc tomorrow,to see if i need a resurgery(dont think so after theese jumps;))
#2bummer i had my first offheadding today(BASE)

EDIT:to add bummers:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Drove almost 300 miles, made two jumps out of a Cessna, weather turned to crap, and then drove 300 miles home. It's not easy being a jumper here in Montana (but it did feel great to get in the air again)....Steve1

Good weekend.
0:8:1

1 Texas state POPS record -- beer to be provided (we went to dinner last night).

62 folks. On the 4th try; we tried twice more with 2 more people to make it 64, but no go, and then the weather stepped in.

Lost my wallet and checkbook, but someone called my brother (his number was my emergency contact) and they found it!

All in all, a good weekend.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

150:2:2

I have about 150 bumps, bruises, cuts, and happy thoughts from doing some climbing and rappelling with some friends from my DZ on Sat while waiting for the weather to clear.

We managed to get two loads up on Saturday so I did a solo to monkey around under my Stiletto before hooking my new demo toy up. The first case of beer is for my first jump on a Samurai 170.;)

Damn, Brian Germain can make a canopy. I did my normal psycho-pack on it, got out at 8K, got to terminal & pulled. The opening was incredible, soft & on-heading. Once I popped the brakes, that's where the fun started. When I crank a toggle on my Stiletto, I get a decent view of the ground over the top of my canopy. When I pulled in just a few inches of toggle on the Sam the view was more than decent, it was impressive. The turn rate is incredibly fast, so is the altitude loss.

I did some practice flares, played with the stall, checked the riser pressure and then I noticed something wasn't right.

I had noticed the gust-front forming 25 miles off when I got out but it was getting dark fast. The winds had picked up appreciably as well. At 3500 feet, I turned into the wind and watched the airport pass beneath my feet as I went backwards under this Sam loaded @ 1.5:1.

Shit. Okay, start looking for outs...canyon, nope. Trees, nope. Big frickin' field running parallel to the runway, CHECK! I tried to hold in front risers to increase my descent rate but this canopy is not wanting to come down. Finally, I start making some progress and notice I'm at the corner of a barbed-wire fence at about 700 feet. I crab over to land 25 feet off to the side of it and prepare to land.

By this time, it's really dark. Here comes the ground, flare, standup. The canopy then continues on over a small tree. I look over to follow the canopy and I grabbed the tail & snapped it to get the air out of the cells.

I then turned back around to look in front, and I notice the other barbed-wire fence that is about 18" in front of me. I reached out and was able to grab hold of it. My 2nd case of beer is for accuracy. After looking back at the landing area it was tight, really tight. Canyon, fence, trees...small patch of land before the fence.

I ended up chopping the canopy so we could get it de-treed and it's going to take a puzzle-master to get the lines un-tangled. I may just take the thing off of the risers and re-do it that way.

And the only injuries I got was after I climbed the fence to leave. Tore the hell out of my arm, leg, & ripped my FF suit.>:(

Oh well...could have been worse.:$

Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

OK so I have to ask.. the order of numbers???

Oh and I was in the Skydive Snohomish Accuracy meet... and I didnt finish last.... woo hoo... considering I have only 8 jumps on this canopy now.. I was happy just to get into the peas 3 times.

5 jumps for the meet and one bail and flail from 10k at sunset with 3 others over the East Field God they were fun to watch I waited for something to stable out but ... oh well.

Amazon

1 nice 12 way on saturday afternoon. finally put my slinks on my rig last night, i only bought them 6 months ago. :ph34r:

1 nice carafe of italian sangria yesterday with dinner. mmmmmmmm.

FUNNY QUOTE OF THE WEEKEND:

jumper "A": wouldn't it be nice if they invented an anti gravity device to lower us softly and gently to the ground under our parachutes?

jumper "B": retard, they did. It's called flaring, and it is highly recommended that you try it!

:ph34r::ph34r:

10:12:0

10 jumps logged at over 14,000. 2 were over 15,500 and all were around 12 minutes to altitude. Thanks Trey!!!:)
12 fun jumps. Worked some on my sit, did some 2 ways, some 4 ways, a 6 way and a 13 way. All lots of fun. When I left at 3pm today nobody had been hurt and everyone was having a blast so that makes it even better.

No beer owed but I'm hoping to change that number soon because my new gear should be here Tuesday.B|

Edit to add that I get to meet Beemertech Steve Saturday night. What a nice guy, and he's hot too girls. B| Thanks for the ride to dinner Steve. Hope you made it home ok and didn't hit that traffic.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

0:2:2*

Well, I got to Skydive Chicago about 1p.m. Saturday, did the waiver thing, funded my account, BS'd with some people, then decided I needed to take a nap before attempting to get in a plane. (I had been up since 5:30 a.m. Friday.) That was a MISTAKE! I missed the best jumping weather of the weekend. Bright blue, clear skies, light winds. In a word, perfect. Well, I got one in Saturday. A 3 way with Sunshine and Sarge, for my 100th, as well as my first jump at Skydive Chicago, and my first kiss pass (Thanks Sunny, you too Sarge :P).

Partied at the bonfire until 1:30 a.m. then decided it was time to crash.

Woke up at 6:30 this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep! Cool, at least I got on first load! (So did Sarge). Strapped my camera helmet to my head (yep, another first-jump 101=1st camera jump), got a few cool exit shots (I hope) then soloed out to get a few good shots of the otter in the air. Got Roger Nelson and a student looking out the door as I fell away. I found out my Sabre, when packed properly, is soft and sweet enough to jump a camera with, but I'm considering a Jedei.

That was my last jump, as the winds picked up a bit more (They had picked up on the way to altitude, I rode my 1.4 loaded 150 down an elevator to the ground). Said some goodbyes, and headed out.

All in all, only two jumps, but an excellent weekend!

And Sunshine got more twirly cookies!

*....Beer owed: By the beer rules, I can only be charged 1 case per jump, so two were owed.:P One was bought, and the other will be brought next time I'm there. Total of firsts, that I can think of: First jump w/ Sunshine, first jump w/ Sarge, first jump at SDC, #100, 1st camera jump, 1st kiss pass. Busy 2 jumps!

It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

0:1:0
one jump this weekend. One of the worst weekends I have had in a long time. Lost a good friend in skydiving today. John has a spirit that will carry on with many. He made so many people laugh. I will miss him so much. PLease say a prayer for his family and all our friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

6+:1:Yep

6+:Made a bunch of new friends. All really cool. Had the crappy weather and Michele's birthday to thank for that. Great conversation and a good time.

1: Once the weather cleared I got one in. One of the best freefly jumps I had ever had. Held my sit and stand with no difficulty. Was a little worried about the wind conditions but JP gave me some quick tips and all was good.

Yep: Beers were tasty

Ed

alot:1:0

1 jump, still having trouble finding the DZ which looks like every other farm around it. Winds were squirly, day ended at that - though I am enjoying playing with Cessnas - a nice change of pace from Otters.

Alot (dollars): friends planted the idea, "You need a bike." Being one of them Euro-snobs, I asked, "You mean buy a Beamer?" - they replied, "Nah, get a Ducati."..."A what?" ..."Ducati. Look it up. You will understand."

I understand.

I am going to be very poor before the end of this summer. I will probably end up dead as well ;)