hooked

Favorite DZ?

I;ve only been to 3 DZ's but I would have to say that Elsinore was my favorite, because there was no waiting, in other words you could jump as fast as you could pack, the loads and manifest seemed really organized, Big plane, and just a lot of diverse people to talk to and learn things from.
My DZ however has the best facilities I've seen yet, they just built a new hanger with a shop, vidoe/training room, a kitchen, gear room, inside packing on ground level and upstairs. Its really nice!!! Now if we can only get a bigger plane!!!
jason

I have only been to five different DZ'S .... the list best to worst..
1) skydive city in z-hills great aircraft supper people felt like it was my home away from home.....
2) Cleveland parachute center home DZ. GOOD PEOPLE!!!!
3) skydive sebastian great view of the florida coast!!!!!!!! rented gear gave me a spectre 230 am i ever gona land??????
4)aerohio sorry not going to wright a book just to jump!!!!
5)skydive deland rude people.. if you are not in their click or on a team forget it at least that is how i was treated...
just jump!!!!!!!!
gopher

Gotta say Richmond (Aerodrome Sky Sports). They have some great planes, great office staff and the instructors are wonderful and very helpful. The jumpers there are awesome and I cannot wait till it warms back up so Laura and I can get back in the air with some people.
Woohoo!!!!!
Richmond "THE" Boogie!! I can't wait!!
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.

I've only jumped in Calfornia so my list is geographically challenged....
1) Perris. Four aircraft, no waiting, great facilities. The only thing I wish it had is airconditioned indoor packing.
2) Elsinore. Great people, a small dz feeling, Otters, bonfires.
3) Lodi. Again, great people and big airplanes.
I've been to others and had fun at every one, but these three stand out amongst those I've jumped at.
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

um my turn i guess :)places i jumped
1) kooralbyn 1st tandem dont really remember much cept nice area
2)byran bay went down for a boogie fantastic views, it was a boogie so need i say more lol
3) toogoolawah my home dz great place, planes,ppl ect but i am a bit biased
(o):P(o)

skydive deland rude people.. if you are not in their click or on a team forget it at least that is how i was treated...

You must not have found me out there, because I talk or jump with anyone!
Rude? I'm not sure that is a fair adjective to use. Yes, there are a lot of teams there, and since they are a "team", you're not going to jump with them. They are world class competitors, spending a lot of money on training-it's serious business. But, the fun jumpers certainly let people jump with them, all you have to do is let people know you are interested in joining in.
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Well..... I've been to 6 DZ's and everyone has its own pluses and minuses. My Favorite is Skydive Greene County but thats only pecause the people are the dropzone there. If it lost its CASA and Westwind and only had a 182 I'd still go there. I've shown up unpacked before and had people volunteer to pack my rig just to get me in the air faster.
Close behind is Lake Wales. Great place with some really great people.
Taylor Air Sports deserves a mention too. It's one place that I can go to and everyone is friendly, no clicks, no groups no politics..... its the atmosphere of a perfect 182 DZ.
I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

I agree with Phreezone in that Lake Wales was a very cool place to jump at (I wish I could've been there for more than a week.) I enjoyed Skydive Illinois as well (the organizers were great, the Otter rocked, $10 jumps are nice, and hanging out with everyone after jumping was fun).
"Back to the earth I feel it; back to the earth I'm fallin" Rusted Root

i've been to about 16 dropzones so far... and it's hard to choose a favorite...
tops on my list are: Eloy and Carolina Sky Sports
also love: Greene County (OH), Richmond (IN), Coolidge, Skydive Kansas, Skydive Smoky Mountains, (skydive daytona beech), skydive chicago, cleveland sport parachute...
agree that deland is a fine place, but it really helps knowing someone... teams are focussed and seem cold to funjumpers and whuffos, packing space is limited so sometimes stressful... but the dz is well run, good planes, nice staff
had a bad taste of Cross Keys as a student, haven't been back to know it from the other side though...
and a small cesna dz is a great place becuase they're so welcoming and like a family
:)lew:S

5)skydive deland rude people.. if you are not in their click or on a team forget it at least that is how i was treated...

Yep you are right about this to a point...I did not find any rude people per say...but definatley was hard for me to find people to jump with for a while....BUT 7 months later of jumping there and knowing a friend who knows gary of Magik well Helped a ton...and that Base jump at midnight with a bunch of the Big name regulars there didn't hurt eather!!!!!
marc
"...a mind stretched with new idea's will never regain its shape"

The Irish Parachute Club was lots of fun. I only got in one jump, but the people were great.
I really like Atlanta Airsportz. They aren't the biggest (yet), but the people there really make the DZ. I am not the only one who will go there just to hang out some times even when I can't jump.
The Dutchboy
CFI, CFII, AGI, IGI
http://www.philsflying.com

For some reason, even after jumping at all (save one that I refuse to jump at) the big DZs in Texas, I'm partial to Eagle Flight, which is a little 182 DZ sort of near Ft. Worth (Granbury). It's such a fun DZ, the people are some of the best people that I've met at any DZ and with out fail, I have a great time every time I go. Some of my best memories and cooliest jumps have been out there. :)Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

The rumor that I heard is that they're buying a Caravan, going build a new hanger and really start advertising. Seeing if they can get a lot of the crowd from that part of Texas that has become disgrunteled with their *big* DZ that's sort of around that area.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

Hmmmm....well for DZs out of Texas I have to go with Elsinore, had a blast when I was out there last year everyone was super friendly and got on a bunch of sweet freefly jumps, wish I could go back again sometime soon, but it's just not in the travel plans.
As for in Texas and after having the 1st great weekend at a DZ in months, I have to put a vote in for Skydive Dallas, everyone was awsome there all weekend, I really felt like I was at home, and I haven't felt that since Skydive USA closed it doors. I can't remember the last time I went out for dinner with 25 other skydivers after jumping (we actually managed to not get kicked out even with Cyndi trying to throw fries in Perry's Margarita and Perry throwing tortillas back at her), I thought Big DZs didn't do that anymore. If it wasn't for this weekend both my boyfriend and I would have probably ended up quiting.
Thanks Tequilla Girl and Skydive Dallas for a GREAT time.
Kelli