bbarnhouse

Vibes for The McGowan

Any info on reserve size and loading? Did he chop the main, did it the main D-bag come out upon reserve deployment??? Questions questions....

Raven 120 loaded at appx 1.54
He chopped the main which cleared as the reserve was deployed.

......damn...[:/] :( sorry to hear this...

BB...what happened to the p. c. in tow?????
If Mike cutaway,,,, wasn't the pilot chute still snagged on him somewhere.... or was it an uncocked pc.. which had the pin pop,, when the reserve took,, and then all the main components left him...what gives????
damn... he has been so excited about trying out the new Kodak ( Rochester NY :ph34r::DB| ) 14N...
heal quickly.. heal fully....... jaytee

That man definitely has class.

Wholeheartedly agreed. And he smells good, too!;)

McGowan, my friend, you'd best be up and at 'em soon - I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful face out in my neck o the woods soon....

Hugs and vibes again!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Damn! Ouch! Wow, Mike!! (can you tell I'm at a loss for words here? :P).

Mike, heal fast and well. Lost of ice to the neck, and Aleve to bring down the inflammation. I'm sure Jen can supply the rest...;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

or was it an uncocked pc.. which had the pin pop,, when the reserve took,, and then all the main components left him...what gives????

All I can offer is 2nd hand (Directly to me from McGowan)
He offered that upon inspection the pilot chute was not coocked. He offered as well that on his tear drop there has to be a bit of slack in the bridle over the pin. If there isnt it may cause a pilot chute in tow.
The main components dislodged as the reserve opened.
On the way to the hospital, he talked quite a bit about this new camera of his.
He mentioned that he and Norman are two of the few to use it. Me thinks there might be a nice discussion coming in the photography forum...but I'll leave that to him.
Mike has been up and a bout although its only for a few minutes at a time. Jen retreived him and he will spend a few days at their home in California.
The following note is for Mike cuz I know that he will be responding here soon.
"Mike...the Doctor said 14 days!!!!" just a reminder to him....but then...has anyone known the McGowan to mind very well?;) bwahhhhhhhhh

Mike, your smile and greeting back in November (before I knew I missed Arizona) was one of a few things that convinced me this is home. I'm glad you're ok, and I'm sending vibes to you and your lady.
Also, if your dogs get hungry I have a certain someone I would be totally willing to feed to them....

;););)
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....

hey every one.
thanks for all the great vibes. i can tell you that they are certinaly doing their job as i feel way better than i have a right to. already i am off the pain meds and able to move around fairly well. (you folks are far more powerful than you might imagine)

the reserve was a raven zp and in truth i had no business jumping a zp reserve with my camera helmet.

i am very much looking forward to meeting old friends and getting to make some new ones at the dz.com boogie in perris

thanks again for putting me in your thoughts. i haven't the words to express how much that means to me. and i am an irshman i am never supposed to be at a loss for words:)
one last thing

Betsy "you rock"

Dang, MacDaddy, you scared me!

Glad to hear you're recovering, and you know better than to try and rush it, but try to heal up first.

I am a total hypocrite for suggesting that. B|

See you in Perris, and I'm dying to see your side by side comparisons of the new camera vs. what you've been flying.

JP

Anybody who may be wondering what the big deal is, look at the hat this guy wears, and imaging having a slammer with it on your head.

YoudaMac

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I get a hard time about how big my camera set is... and it is small in comparison to yours... I know how a funky opening is with mine, and would not want one with yours.

Get well soon!

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

here it is monday morning and i am feeling much much better. in fact i am thinking that it might be a strong possibility i will be able to get back in the air by the end of this week. amazing what all that good energy can do. thanks again every one.

on the way to the hospital betsy asked me what could be learned from all this.(very good question) the obvious is... get a pin check on evey jump and jump equipment that is suited for your kind of skydiving. i had no business with a zp reserve. what would have been a bit of an ouch opening for someone else nearly broke my neck.

for the record after a lot of consideration i am fairly well convinced what i had was due to a uncocked pc.probably had i been a bit more patient i might have gotten that main open but then this was a very fast malfunction and quick decisions seem to be necessary. if i ever do go in i don't want to have any handles left to pull.

peace

mcgowan

here it is monday morning and i am feeling much much better. in fact i am thinking that it might be a strong possibility i will be able to get back in the air by the end of this week

M2 do NOT make me have to call George!:P
Amazing what some TLC will do my friend.
Loving you...
BB

Get well soon is not the same as get in the air as soon as possible

Eggggggggggggggggzakkkkkkkkkkkkkly.

Be very very careful, and listen to the Dr...the sky will wait.

Hugs to you-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Michael,
I'm with BB and Michele on this one. You take you time and do what the doctor said. We need you up to speed in May.
BTW, I got your message, but I couldn't understand some of the information you were saying in the voice mail. I will call you tonight with pen and paper in hand.
Give Jen a hug too,
Mar
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey