crzjp20

When was your first Chop????

Chop chop for me occured on jump 424.

Twas 7 way with a normal breakoff.

Chunked the old pilot chute out and wham, thump and I have a birdnest of shit above my head.

Quickly checking the altimeter, I am going around and around in a flat spin on my back.

I swear that I hear someone hollering cut away!

Time to chop. Look! Reach! Pull!
That Raven popped out & inflated in nothing flat.

The first thing I notice is how thick the lines are.
I could pull a battleship with those lines.

Then I get to looking for my $1400 bedsheet.

In a nutshell, I land, My main lands & freebag lands within 50 feet of me.

And sure enough one guy under canopy said that he was hollering cut away!

Don't go away mad....just go away!

0 Choppies here.

I thought about it for the first (shhhh) time on my 19th jump. Opened up, and my canopy was in a somewhat fast turn to the left, I did a practice flare, let back up, and the turn stopped. :S Thought I was gonna have to do it though for a few seconds there. I was ready...which is a good feeling.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

2nd solo. Level 2 AFF. Pulled the ripcord, nothing happened, looked to make sure I really had the whole ripcord in my hand, I did, so I went to silver. My instructor kind of hung around to make sure things were ok, and was tapping the side of the rig as the reserve came out. Got it on video too...:P

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Had mine yesterday on jump number 18!!!

Gald it is out of the way.

Mine was jump 17th, packing error (line over). Have had a "quasi" mal the same weekend each year since, but haven't chopped the over 2.

2001 - Line over
2002 - Line over on 2nd cell in, popped the riser and cleared it
2003 - Left brake wouldn't release, Comp Cobalt, landed with one toggle wrapped around my right hand and rear riser on left
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Jump #5 on my Pappillion chop the garbage wad above my head... and deployed the C-9 28' Round from the Bellywart

Oh how fun..

1st chop with modern gear.. 1 day short of 1 year back in the sport when I blew up my Triathalon on Mar15th. This time I got about 300 before the first time.. I likkeee the square reserve LOTS...

My first (and so far only) chop was on Wednesday, June 20, 2001...AFF level 3.

I was terrified for a very long time after that. Yeah, it was good to get it out of the way, but that understanding didn't come for a while. Actually, I'm still waiting for it...LOL!;)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

My first chop was at Goldcoast on 05/16/97, it was my 71st jump.
Description,
I had a premature container opening resulting in a horseshoe mal.
I was doing a two way in which we were doing backloops in between transitions, at aprox 10,000ft I felt something strange as I completed a backloop, looking over my shoulder I could see my D- bag lifting off and extending lines.
I tossed my PC and hoped it would deploy normally (yeah right:D).
It deployed looking nothing like a parachute, I was now at 8.5-8 upright in the harness. I didn't want to chop it that high because of all the swamps and forest around, not to mention the winds were kicking pretty good.
At 7. it started to spin, quick as snot it was more twisted than Micheal Jackson, Chop-Chop! Slow ride on a 26ft LO-PO (round), I landed on the airfield and PLF'd, the landing was sooo soft I could have stood it up. Mike Brown got a kiss (yeah, so I kissed my rigger... he just saved my life;)) and dinner.
Malfunction cause was never nailed down, throw-out PC was still in its pud, closing loop was in good condition and not to long and my fellow jumper gear checked me and did not see any loose bridle in freefall.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

'88 at Grandpa's Boogie (Albert Lee, MN)
Spinning main - round reserve

since then
1 - CrW Wrap
1 - high speed

That's one of each (plus one airplance crash), so I'm free from now on.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Jump 123. How symbolic.
Bag lock, packing error, my fault. Lines stowed too tightly around corner of container, caused a nice twist when the bag came out unevenly. Was jumping with another who witnessed, I apparently reacted and was under a reserve in about 2 seconds after looking up and seeing the unopened bag at the end of the lines. Calmest, clearest moment of my life. Sure seemed like minutes went by though ...
Never did pack the lines that tightly again. Only one I've had so far ...
Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

Jump number 210 at a demo july 4th 1997 I had a tension knot. It was a crw jump, we opened at five and I rode it down to 1500 so I wouldnt lose the canopy. The crowd thought it was great. My family thought otherwise and havnt come to the dz or anywhere near a parachute since.;)

What could possibly go wrong?

lol my family felt the same way when they heard, and my girlfirend who was supose to come with me next weekend now refuses..... oh well.... her lose
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

Jump: 498
Date: December 22nd, 2003
Canopy: Crossfire2 139 (loaded at about 1.5:1).
Cause: Right front break fired on opening causing some unrecoverable violent line twists.
Lesson: Make sure breaks are properly seated and taunt prior to packing.

And in case you are interested and would like to see the malfunction, it can be seen 1/3 of the way into in my Eloy Holiday Boogie video found here.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

...:)cut away a round main, ( french papillon) with shot and a half capewells.... chest mount reserve, center pull ripcord. "Mini System" harness and container system.. 26 foot navy conical reserve....
... Most recent one... August 16, 1980
jump # 1151 cutaway a strato-cloud from a wonderhog,,, 3 ring release,,,, 26' Strong lopo.....
......none since....:ph34r: B| :)