bch7773

What to add to Ramen Soup?

hey all, i need some ideas on how to make ramen soup better tasting. i practically live on that stuff, and just adding hot sauce to them is getting old.

cmon share your cheap ramen soup additions. someone told me curry powder is good in there, but it sounds kinda funky to me.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I add frozen veggies (most of the time, just peas). It cooks the veggies while the noodles cook. Just add after the water is boiling, bring -back- to a boil, add noodles, then cook the suggested 3 minutes after that.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

hey all, i need some ideas on how to make ramen soup better tasting.

I sometimes drain the broth and just eat it as noodles.

Pretty much lived on Ramen in college and again about a year ago when I decided that buying new scuba gear was more important than eating.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread as I'm going to need some ideas now that it is time to buy a rig!

Killing threads since 2004.

Texas Pete hot sauce, garlic powder, cumin, a little bit of ground meat, pretty much anything you can put in there will work if you season it right. That also depends on how spicy you like your food and what flavor ramen you get.

If you do decide to go the ground meat route, what I would suggest is getting like a 5lb roll of it, since it's cheaper that way, cook, say, 1lb of it, season it, etc, freeze it all, and then you can just use it slowly. I used to do that, and after cooking it, would divide it into meal size portions and re-freeze it. Only adds about 5-10 minutes to the cook time.

Mike

Crack a raw egg into the boiling water and give a half stir. Wait half a minute and ten add the noodles. Makes kinda a Chinese Egg Drop soup. Throw in a few frozen veggies, too. If you really want to eat cheap, watch the grocery ads and buy potatoes on sale. You can get a lot of good food at 9 cents a pound.:)

The raw egg into the mix is a great dish. Along with that add mustard to taste(if you like spicy/tart). Crushed crackers also help thicken it up so be prepared to mix in a little extra water. If you have a hotdog you can slice it up and throw in as well. If your going to add cheese paste do it after the ramen is done cooking and stir in. Season all salt adds a bit of flavor if your tired of hot sauce.

Having lived off ramen in the field for so many years I could probably write a ramen cook book of all the crap you can put in it to make it taste better. Hmm , maybe that will be one of my "to do" things once I retire LOL:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Dont use the broth and put cheese over the noodles... it's pretty good.

We LIVED off this in the army...poor broke bastages we were...:P

Hey, you could've been stuck with MRE's.... hehehehe
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

actually, if you go to a Japanese restaurant, you will realize that ramen is SUPPOSED to have meat & veggies added to it.

These people who just pour in hot water w/ nothing else don't get it. They're just consuming starch, salt, & MSG.
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Che' Brian - Need some advice on them Ramens, eh??

they are even better fried in a stir-fry. Seriously, just use them as you would use any oriental fried noodles. Put them with some veggies (Cabbage, celery, carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo) and some soy sauce, and yum yum!!
=========Shaun ==========

OK we need a picture of this stuff, I've never heard of it. but by all accounts it sounds like our 2 minute noodles.
Someone post a pic of the packet:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

wow, that sounds like an amazing idea. i'd never thought of that, but im definitely gonna try it. aww man i love kim-chee!!!:D

if you decide to try it, do yourself a favor and get the stuff at an oriental grocery. it's soooooooo much better. oh yeah, while you're there, get the sapporo ichiban ramen...original flavor. ;)

arlo :ph34r: