Superman32

I HATE CANADA

Before I start my rant just 2 quick questions:
If you get a driving summons in Canada and you live in the US do you REALLY have to pay the fucking ticket?
Should I tell the car rental agency that I got a ticket?

Now for the rant:
Last week, I rented a car and happily started driving to Canada for a week of skiing at Mout Tremblant. On my way up to Canada (driving thru NY) everything was fine, nice weather, no traffic, no cops etc..., then we got to the border... The customs guard was kinda of a dick but we went through without any delay or much aggravation.
As I drove towards Montreal I had the cruise control set at 98km/hr (max speed 100km/hr) which was too slow for my taste but still moving with traffic when that FUNGUS INFECTED FUCKNUT SON OF A MOTHERLESS PRICK of a cop starts driving behind me. After following me for about 3 miles that COCKSUCKER decided to pull me over ---PRICK-- while completely ignoring all of the other cars speeding past. Somehow the DICKLESS FUCK saw the wire of my radar detector (which are apparently illegal in Canada) and decided to stop me and seize -STEAL- my $100+ radar detector. But noooo, that wasn't enough. That SHIT BAG also felt the need to give me a $610 ticket for the radar.
No other summons were issued, just the radar -- Do you think it had something to do with the fact that my car that Florida plates on it ***SARCASM***???
SHIT BAG>:(>:(>:(>:(

And the fun continues...As we got into the resort, we were given a room that was much,much, much inferior to what we had booked, so after a little complaining and a tracking to the other side of the village to an internet cafe, we were able to get a print out of our real room, tracked back in the fricking freezing weather and were reassigned a room, which was obviously in the other end of the village.
We take the car drive to the other side and start looking for the room. We go from floor to floor, from building to building, for about 1.5 hrs, in the freezing weather.
So you may ask , why didn't you ask someone? I did,. Every direction was preempted by " It's really easy to get there from here..." After being in the resort for about 2 hours we find the reception building find out that the first woman had given us directions for a room that didn't fucking exist in our fucking building>:(>:(>:( We finaly found the room and at least found it to be better than expected - It was what we had booked.

The village was nice and quaint, but it did not have the nite life it promised -- well, it did if you were looking for 14 year old girls getting drunk for the first time.
The mountain terrain itself was definately not great with few trail selections Mountain Creek in Jersey has much better terrain - and that's definately not saying much. And it was just cold as all fuck.

So this long rant goes to explain why I hate Canada.
I must say that people were very nice and friendly, but that WORTHLESS PRICK of a cop just left a very bad taste in my mouth --- SHIT BAGGGGG

So, once again I ask, do I have to pay this ticket?
Should I tell the rental companY?
Is this going to affect my insurance?

thanks for the vent
P.S. To the Canadians reading this, I apologize if I have offended you. I'm quite aware that the actions of a single FUCKNUT does not represent the entire country, so much so that I will re-emphasize that the people were very nice and congenial. But I just don't see my self going back to Canada any time soon:(

I've never actually driven in Canada, despite having visited the Toronto and Kitchener areas, but if you really want a serious ski experience, then you need to go to the west coast area, or more specifically, Whistler Mountain... just about a mile vertical drop from top to bottom...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Somehow the DICKLESS FUCK saw the wire of my radar detector (which are apparently illegal in Canada) and decided to stop me and seize -STEAL- my $100+ radar detector. But noooo, that wasn't enough. That SHIT BAG also felt the need to give me a $610 ticket for the radar.

ya know what they say.... ignorance of the law is not an excuse.......

that sux though, 610 is a hug fine!!!

He probably got a ticket in Florida....

I got one like that in Northern BC many years ago...I was doing the same speed about 5 MPH over that a whole group of other cars were doing.. AND I was being passed by several other Canadian cars.... Somehow this RCMP decided to pull me over.. being the only one with Oregon Plates. HE wrote me out a ticket... and when I got back I sent it in to the Provincial Capitol.. with payment.. and a note that I would not be returning to spend any money for a few years... I also mentioned the cops name.. and EXACTLY what he had done...

Dont know if they really cared but before that I had gone up to Canada at least a couple times a year.. Since 1991.. I have been back once... since they do not need my money.

Vote with your wallet.. and be sure to let the Tourist People in Quebec Province know just how you feel.

Yep, Canadian police are systematicallt trained to pick out Florida plates fer sure.

Seems you like to complain about bad treatment - so why bother putting yourself in situations where you get to do that? Stay home.

You bought a radar detector so that you COULD break the law by allowing you to speed anyway.

liek the others said - you got caught
WHAH!

Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Ignorance yada yada yada...
I'm annoyed that the guy got my radar detector and gave a ticket, but what really pisses me off is that SHIT LIPS was just looking to stop me for something, if not the radar it would have been for something else - especially with other cars flying past me.
$610 is a fucking huge ticket which also includes some kind of donation.
Canada will definately not be seeing my green or my pretty little ass up there any time soon.
BTW, do I really have to pay that ticket or can I just say FU to those motherfrs?
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

I hate Canada.

I love Canada. My family has a place up there, and I have been going there all my life. I drive to and from the north country above Toronto every year, and I have never had a problem with the Provincial Police. Maybe the problem is just in Quebec.

dude, get a life and start accepting responsibility. One time when i tried to enter Canada with a radar, the border patrol told me they are illegal, and had me put it in the trunk. Plus, if I remember correctly the first few km by the US border has a lot of signs saying "radar detectors prohibited". Ignorance does not excuse you from responsibillity. Plus interaction with one cop, and one bad hotel clerk cannot possible make you hate the whole country unless you are close minded.

cheers, 10 inches here , and more coming ...

Srop your crying. It is well publicised at the border that radar detectors are not allowed. The cops up here have these little things called radar detector detectors. SO he knew that you had one before he pulled you over.
Mont Tremblant is a great place to have fun. You lust picked the wrong time of year. Of course it's fuckin cold up here, it's Canada and winter. What where you expecting? Spring time is the best time to hit Tremblant.
I guess you won't be coming back for a while, So whether you pay the fine or not is up to you.....

CANADA ROCKS,

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

This is what I've found:

In Canada radar detector use in cars is legal in only three provinces, i.e. British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.

Radar detectors are completely legal to use in non-commercial vehicles in 49 states. Virginia and Washington DC are the only places in the United States that currently ban radar detectors. Radar detector use in commercial vehicles has been prohibited in the U.S. since 1995.

And sure there are some miserable cops out there - on both side of the border. I think they're in the minority.

As for paying the ticket - If you're not coming back to Canada, it probably won't matter. They're unlikely to extradite you for a traffic violation, but if they do I hear our prisons are less crowded than in the States and we don't have the death penalty. But there are still bug guys called Bubba in there looking for a date.:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

There was a 'story' about radar detectors in Canada, several years ago on '60 Minutes'. They showed a huge stack of the detectors being crushed with a bull-dozer. When you drive in Canada or even another State, you either abide by the laws or face the consequences. Let's say, the 'shoe' was on the other foot and it was a Canadian 'griping' about some U.S. law. What would your 'feelings' be? It's a pretty good idea to check-up on the laws of other countries before visiting. That Canadian cop, was doing his job... enforcing 'his' country's laws. You just gotta suck it up... lesson learned.

Chuck

Different places have different laws. Apparently You Yanks put people in prison just for growing dope! Is that really true? It seems like some kind of bullshit urban myth, but I've heard it from a lot of different sources.
If you don't pay the fine you will have a warrant out in Quebec, and nowhere else. If you have an agreement between your state and Quebec you will hear about it from your authorities. Pay it then. I have ignored tickets from other jurisdictions within Canada several times. Sometimes they have caught up to me, sometimes they haven't.
BTW Would you like to hear me whine about the hotel at PIA? Should I announce that I hate USA as a result?

You got caught, your fault, your problem.
With your attitude Canadians will be glad for you to keep your money and stay the hell home.
Grow up, suck it up, and stop wining about one of the best countries in the world, not to mention the millions of people who live there.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Apparently You Yanks put people in prison just for growing dope! Is that really true? It seems like some kind of bullshit urban myth, but I've heard it from a lot of different sources.

Dude, I hear they throw them in jail for simple possesion too! :o
Remster

I don't know why you need a radar detector in Canada. I have driven the 402/401 from Port Huron to Toronto for years and you can go as fast as you want and never get a ticket. I got stopped by a cop in New York who saw my Michigan plates and it cost me $160, I feel the same about N.Y. as you do about Canada.