JeffD

First body bag I've seen :-(

What the HELL!!! Ok this might be long but I'm confused and concerned and cant sleep.

So its 5pm and I got home from school. Put some food in the nuclear oven (microwave) and turned on a movie. At around 6:30pm I see some flashing lights through my window and look out the front door to see 2 ambulances infront of the apartment complex. I then notice a few EMT coming in and out of the guys apartment about 50' from mine. I just went back to my movie hoping it was nothing but an accident. Well an hour later and my movie done I checked again only to see 3 police cruisers and the still 2 ambulances. Alot of the EMT and Police were just standing at the base of the staircase talking. None of the vehicles had any sirens on, not even lights. So now I'm confused.

Next my Fiance' came home 3 hours after this all started. She told me there was a girl sitting on a tailgate of an SUV crying. We watched some TV and I looked outside again, it was then about 11pm (5hrs now) and I saw a "forensic" van pull up and some people start getting stuff out of the van. We start seeing the flash from a camera and they are taking pictures of the staircase and then the entire inside of the apartment (we can see the flashes through the windows of the other apartment).

So 12:00am comes around and I start doing some homework and my Fiance' goes to sleep. I got curious again at around 1am and looked out again to see them hoist the gernie(sp?) with the bodybag on top.

Now you know as much as I do. I dont think it was a murder because they would have talked to us to get a statement or something. Maybe suicide? Its just really bothering me becaue this guy (who I think it was) was just a nice guy (maybe 55) who would let his dog out and never talked much.

I have no Idea and now its 1:25am and I cant sleep because I dont know what happend. If anyone has "connections" It was at

Colonial Grand at Riverhills
Temple Terrace, Florida 33637.

Any Clue?
[:/]

Also it was the apartment with the staricase you can see in the picture.

The one thing tht is true in any life.. is that you will NOT get out of this life alive.

IT happens...... and as you get older you will see more.. and know more people who check out before their time.

Just let them pass and remember whatever you can that was good.

Been there. Not fun. Especially with his wife right behind you screaming while you are doing it

The hardest part for me was thinking maybe I could have done more, and he would not have died....Stupid thought, and I doubt an entire ER room would have made the difference...But you wonder.

And then there were the calls from his family asking me about the accident and what I saw/felt/did. Then them thanking me...

People wonder why I am such a saftey freak....Go through this once and you will understand.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I know what you mean - i was the same but the paramedic had a quiet word with me when he turned up after i had done 30 mins of CPR - the chap had had a heart bypass or something equally serious a couple of months earlier, and was on a walking holiday in th Hunter Valley in Oz :S.
Basically, like you said, he told me there was no way a whole hospital was getting this guy back, let alone little ol me.

Still an experience i could have done without though...
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Try doing CPR on a guy and watching him die.

Or maybe help the forensic guys find the pieces.

the pieces then the phone call. if you don't have to be the one to do it, don't be the one to do it.

But trust me on the sunscreen.
namaste, motherfucker.

BTW sick joke we used to play at a job I had.

We would climb inside a Body bag and when the security guard came we would sit up....Luckly we never got shot.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

BTW sick joke we used to play at a job I had.

We would climb inside a Body bag and when the security guard came we would sit up....Luckly we never got shot.;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Luck I wasn't there, you prolly would have gone deaf from my screaming...:ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

We would climb inside a Body bag and when the security guard came we would sit up

Body bags make for a great outer lining for your sleepig bag as well. Keeps em nice and dry in damp conditions.

We used to put new privates in them and hang them out windows when I was in the Army!:D:D:D:D
Dom

Try doing CPR on a guy and watching him die... The hardest part for me was thinking maybe I could have done more, and he would not have died....Stupid thought, and I doubt an entire ER room would have made the difference...But you wonder.

I've been in that same situation and had the same thoughts. I couldn't sleep for weeks. I still think about it, and him. [:/]

try doing CPR on a guy and watching him die.

If your doing CPR on somebody...they're already dead....

in the emt world ya i can understand that thinking. But if your a life guard CPR is the start of saving someone.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

All the years I fought fire and ran EMS I never really felt bad for the dead I encountered. They had simply done what they were unaviodably going to do. Die. I know it sounds a cold but that's the way it was. Except kids. That always fucked me up...
This is the weird part, I never really felt that I was fighting to save some ones life. Please don't take that to mean I didn't fight hard. because I did. Instead, I always felt as if I was fighting to save some one else from experiencing an earth shattering loss