PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

Or to Greenwich Village and become CowboyKev
or IndianKev or CopKev or ConstructionWorkerKev...

...or wear cool goggles and go by the name of FrenchyKev!
Kewwwwwl

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

PK - This is nuts. I took a ton of info off my profile when Canuck went through his junk before, now it seems even more pertinent even though it's likely to late anyway. For someone who seems really decent, you get a lot of crap. Hope it works for the better. I hope you do decide to publish who it is.

Bill, you still have yoiur USPA license # posted. I bet it's trivial to find out who you are from that. I'm taking everything off that would finger me.

Three times is enemy action

This might open up an opportunity to change your name to CaliKev?

Or to Texas and become CowboyKev.;)

Or Wisconsin to become...

aahh, never mind, it's too damn cold here. TX or Ca do sound pretty nice right now.

You were going to say something about cheese, weren;t you?

Chicago: Da Kev

Three times is enemy action

Hey First off THIS SUCKS, ITS WRONG, I'M SORRY IT HAPPEN.

and I don't know what PK did/does for a living, or what he did (or didn't do) to get fired.

But

Where should a company draw the line on posting while at work? There a lot of people who post a WHOLE lot during the day.

I KNOW a lot aren't at work, but a lot are.

Again, I am sorry this happened, I AM not saying it's okay. The person that did it sucks.

Just a question

Where should a company draw the line on posting while at work?

Most companies have a policy that says you cannot use the internet for personal stuff while at work. I think most of us around here are knowingly breaking that rule every day.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I think most of us around here are knowingly breaking that rule every day.

Well sure we are. But if you own the company and you found out that an employee was posting 10-15 times and was reading post for an hour a day everyday for two months.....would you can them?

We don't have a policy in writting, I own the company and I'm thinking of firing myself :P

Knowing what I know of fourm software and DB's in general the only things that they are able to read are things that you actually click "Post Reply" to. Thats the only time things are entered into a SQL table and then are loggable. Tracking current user movement can be done, and it is... but how much of it is logged is up to HH. Most likely a lot of the day to day clicking is not logged due to no real purpose for it.

Searches would seem more likely to be tracked. Especially searches for particular words where the output is limited by the criteria "only show posts made by PhillyKev". That may not be the case, and even if it is it may not be relevant. Just a thought.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

This is so wrong.

I think that two things need to happen:

1) We should know who this person is, because this can affect us all. Especially so that people at this person's drop zone know of this person's nature.

2) I think that a suit should be filed against this person, that should include a stipulation that this person not be allowed to use Dropzone.com. Sort of a virtual restraining order if there is such a thing.

There is no reason that this person should be allowed to hide behind this veil of annonymity.

When people are scammed on ebay or by mail order, etc., we let people know so that they are protected. This is so much worse than losing a couple hundred bucks in a scam...this is our livelihoods...we can't fuck around with this.

-Steve

What happened to PK sucks. And reminds me, in a different form, of the beginning of the end of rec.skydiving, where people who are more interested in "making an impact" than on being in the community do whatever they want to.

There was an "incident" on rec.skydiving (and several other newsgroups) a few years ago that reminds me of what's happened to PK as well. It involved a person being angry enough with two posters there that he took a spineless action against them that reached into the real world. I think he'll consider and re-consider such a plan of attack if it occurs to him to try it again.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Knowing what I know of fourm software and DB's in general the only things that they are able to read are things that you actually click "Post Reply" to. Thats the only time things are entered into a SQL table and then are loggable. Tracking current user movement can be done, and it is... but how much of it is logged is up to HH. Most likely a lot of the day to day clicking is not logged due to no real purpose for it.

Searches would seem more likely to be tracked. Especially searches for particular words where the output is limited by the criteria "only show posts made by PhillyKev". That may not be the case, and even if it is it may not be relevant. Just a thought.

Blues,
Dave

in my opinion, a search like that means nothing. how many people on here search for "posts made by X" every day. i know that when i'm bored i search to see what my friends have been posting about so i can go highjack their threads and pick on em. ;)

sucks that this happened. really. but you don't want to falsly accuse someone just for being bored and running a few searches.

Moderator:

My two cents is that some sicko is getting way too much gratification out of all this activity. Well wishers and myself included, this thread should end soon and await the resolution via PhillyKev and DZ.com et. al.

PhillyKev,

You are damn sure better off not working for an entity that would give credit to this kind of shit, eh?

Sounds like opportunity knocking. Start your own business, doing what you have a passion for!

Soar on brother!

What a sad little person this must be. I haven't pried yet....but I'm sure I'll get a confirmation. Whoever you are....you might not want to be in my presence. Ever.

Dibs.

If 1000 people publicly threaten to tar & feather a person, it makes for an awfully long list of suspects to wade through when someone actually does it.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

PK, my condolences first and foremost! I am very confident you will do well and be successful at whatever pursuit you choose to as a future endeavor!

If anyone can explain (PK) why protecting the identity of such a perpetraor is such a big deal... Please clue me in!!!

If you're bullshitting, which I factor as an extremely remote possibility or even embellishing then good luck, I can repect your grief.

-But- If you're not, then what the fuck?!!! I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to identify the offender... whats wrong with you? -or- whats wrong with my attitude?

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Seattle......

GrungyKev or Wet'n'coldKev

Anyplace but seattle. Rain & traffic sucks.

Botswana Kev;) Nice weather no traffic etc.

How about "Cyber ...." how bigs your hard drive :$:P:ph34r:dude.

Good luck buddy when you get reincarnated in cyber space your friends will know its you:)
R.I.P.

PK,

What a shitty deal>:(!!!

I don't know you personally, but have enjoyed the enlightenment you have given me through *some* of your posts.

Good luck to ya.

To the asshat who rated you out:

YOU SUCK!!!!!

All personal material removed from my profile

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa

Someone on this site...I'm sure you can guess who, sent a letter to my boss claiming all kinds of stuff about me posting controversial information on the internet and associating it with my company and our clients along with links to my posts here.

Be careful, there are lots of whack jobs on the internet. Fortunately I got a nice severance to find a new job.

Fucked up. Cya.

Dayum PK! WTF?!?!?! Who the hell would be so shitbrained to do that? B|

Sounds like a good reason for a serious ass-whuppin to me.

Hooyah to that. I may not have agreed with much of what PK posted but for someone to rat him out like that is just wrong. Definitly not cool.

If you still want to know about the restaurants where I live and ask about my co-workers, I still have the PMs you sent me last week. I'll have my lawyer pass the info along to you.

What's that behind you?

PhillyKev, since I only live a few blocks away from where you used to work... who did you work for (now that's you're not there anymore) can you PM me what firm? I'd like to know so I can avoid them as a possible consulting client... or worse: employer.

Hey Sarge,

I don't believe for a minute that PK is embellishing. What would he have to gain?

Anyway, my hunch the reason PK is remaining silent is because he is most likely exploring all his options. He's playing this very intelligently.

If you look at this situation closer, I think you will notice a distinct absence of someone here.

Chris

If only someone had the money to start a website where we could all post and keep the trolls out....

HH started this one.. and has done a good job of trying to police the trolls, but you can only do so much.

I have to also agree with Wendy, the site just got a bit less attractive to me since the news of PK's personal tradjedy due to some fuktard on these forums. I just look at DZ.com way differently now. I knew there was a darkside to these forums where people got stalked and attacked via PMs sometimes even in posts. But to take it to the next level and total devistate someones livelyhood is just insane!!

R.I.P Dz.com the innocent little skydiver playground... you've now grown up to become a mine field of personal destruction at the hands of the few assnuggets who cannot handle personal rejection or getting told off on a forum. May you find your fun place again.

Eh... a bit dramatic with the language, eh? :|

How about this... I would ask a greenie and/or PK: whomever is positively identified, please make it a point to let everyone know who that individual was (if it was a DZ.com member) prior to terminating their account? That way no one has to play the son-of-Sam guessing game.

That will definately make everybody at least somewhat happy, and we can all go back to our regularly-scheduled programming. [:/]