benforde

WHAT DID the Italian player say to Zidane?

WHAT DID the Italian player say to Zidane? does anyone know for sure?

He asked if he was French.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

According to a Dutch newspaper (telegraaf.nl) people who can read lips (and not the camel toe kind) claim he called Zidan's sister a whore.

What a brilliant move by the Italians. Going into penalty kicks, and they get rid of France's best penalty kicker with a high school statement. Can't believe ZZ fell for it.
We are all engines of karma

No one knows just yet. But the Italian says he will tell us eventually. Rumor among those who might know is that he called the French player an Arab Terrorist. He is of Algerian ethnicity. The French guy, that is. He speaks Italian so he understood it, whatever it was.

No one knows just yet. But the Italian says he will tell us eventually. Rumor among those who might know is that he called the French player an Arab Terrorist. He is of Algerian ethnicity. The French guy, that is. He speaks Italian so he understood it, whatever it was.

"Fucking Arab Terrorist" that what the word on the street is here.. he played for Italy and speaks Italian, and being of north African ethnicity, being called a terrorist is a very serious stab, lets remember that in an US airport, one would get arrested.

That's funny dude!

You think that's funny -- have a look at the way Matrix plays football. I laughed my ass off watching this video -- I think the man is half insane. Great goal-scoring defender, but a dubious choice for the national team given his disregard for clean play.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

> Great goal-scoring defender, but a dubious choice for the national team given his disregard for clean play
—————————————————————————————
We won. All the rest is bullshit. Yes, perhaps Materazzi is a bit rough, but there are the soccer rules and there are the referees for enforcing same rules. Materazzi (substituting Nesta) played an outstanding World Cup. Outstanding ball-head-hitter (he scored the highest number of goals for Italy, together with Toni, and Materazzi is a defender).
All the rest is bullshit.
And rules are for everybody: in 2004, during Danmark-Italy match of European Championship, a Danish player (...very average player indeed...) provoked Totti insulting him. Totti was in outstanding shape and very fit, the joyful asshole of Francesco Totti spit at him as reaction, that match finished smooth, his (bad) gesture was seen on TV by FIFA officials and so Totti was kicked out of the Championship and, of course NOT the direct cause, but nonetheless Italy was kicked out of the Championships (remember that at the time time Totti was the "center" of Italian team).
Totti got NO price for that spit, rather, he got few tons of shit (by newspaper, experts, people, whoever...) for having been kicked out that stupidly off the European Championships.
Fine. Those are the rules: if your behaviour, either "direct" or as "reaction", is unfair/against the rules, you are sent off with a red if caught in real time during the match, or afterwards if caught on TV (in this case, you are disqualified either for one match or for more (this year De Rossi got 4 non-playable matches for his elbow hit US player McBride, which is right according to the rules, in fact De Rossi has beeen capable of playing only the final, which he did).
Now, whichever thing has been said to Zidane by Marco Materazzi, could it be not nice, could it be unpleasant, but since the beginning of history of soccer any player has insulted any other player, and what is definitely NOT acceptable that you answer with violent actions against words. These are the rules. Not made by me.
Zidane action was really aimed to cause real harm to Materazzi; Materazzi, after been hit on his chest, has really been "revolved" on the spot and fallen heavily down. Another player not as big and strong as Materazzi is (1.93m-90kg/6'4" 198lb) would have fainted for sure.
So:
1) nobody will ever know what actually Materazzi said to Zidane (Materazzi has admitted that he insulted Zidane but nothing about his mom, sister or being born in Algeria neither being a terrorist, "Yes, I insulted him the same way and with same words I have been told myself at least a dozen times during a match")
2) there is no fucking excuse to hit another player with the head in the middle of the chest with such a violence, while the two being "out-of-real-action", hoping to get away with it (referee was watching playing action and such a (bad) gesture was only seen by the 4th man (=non-playing referee at field side), Buffon was the only player who noticed the head hit and went to the "side-referee" (sorry, I do not know the name in English) and told him to investigate with the 4th man).
3) Zidane is NOT deserving the price of "Best Player" of the World Championships: anybody capable of such a violent gesture should not receive ANY price, forget to be a symbol for young people playing the sport.
Just my 0.02€
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

> I think the man is half insane
——————————————————————————————
I have just watched the video. My opinion is: it's bullshit.
It's completely bullshit that somebody assembles the worst of the worst actions played by any soccer player and produces a video with such actions.
I would say that it is "slightly" biased, don't you think so?
And then, video about actions talk by themselselves, but still pictures are simply "detouring" because what it lacks in this case is the perspective and depth of field (from a still picture, you will never know exactly where everyone was and if and how hard somebody touched somebody else).
If don't watch regularly 1st division Italian championship matches (which I do once in a while), you cannot judge the quality of a player simply weatching a video assembled by a biased bloke.
Just my 0.02€
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

I agree but an entertaining video all the same :D

My friend is keen footballer and was embarrassed to tell people he plays during this world cup. So much pathetic diving and playing to the ref. If your gonna take chunks out of each other discreetly then do it and dont complain when it happens back to you or roll over holding your face when someone brushed your shoulder. >:(

We won. All the rest is bullshit.

Exactly. I could not have said it better myself.

Zidane is NOT deserving the price of "Best Player" of the World Championships: anybody capable of such a violent gesture should not receive ANY price, forget to be a symbol for young people playing the sport.

I think he deserves it for his game vs. Brazil. That peformance was one to remember, truly blew my mind. Yeah, it's a shame he lost his head, but I think he paid a price for it. In lieu of Zidane, who do you think should have gotten it? Cannavaro? Buffon? Pirlo? I suppose they would come in a very close second.

I have just watched the video. My opinion is: it's bullshit.
It's completely bullshit that somebody assembles the worst of the worst actions played by any soccer player and produces a video with such actions.
I would say that it is "slightly" biased, don't you think so?

I think the video was put together by one of his cult follower "interista" fans -- note the "FC Inter Production" message at the end of the video. A lot of Inter fans like him for the way he plays. Personally, I prefer a defender that relies solely on skill like Cannavaro or Nesta.

If don't watch regularly 1st division Italian championship matches (which I do once in a while), you cannot judge the quality of a player simply weatching a video assembled by a biased bloke.

Materazzi is a great defender and has been since his days at Perugia, no denying that, but I also know that he's been a cowboy for a long time as well, very prone to yellows and reds. He can completely f.ck up a match since he's so wild, and it made me nervous that he was filling in for Nesta (even though he did a great job vs. Czech Republic).

I actually wanted Lippi to put in Barzagli instead of Materazzi for the final since he's so unpredictable. And I damn near had a coronary when Lippi sent him to take the second penalty kick -- I was convinced he would send a skyward rocketball over the crossbar. But he came through when it mattered most, so yes, the rest is all bullsh.t as you said.

Hope you had a fun time celebrating there.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.