TheAnvil

Scotch of choice?

I just finished a wee bit o' Glenmorangie. Superb. I love scotch. Anybody have a favorite? I tend towards Glenmorangie, but enjoy many others. British friends have introduced me to some superb ones, but I don't remember many of the names. Bastards always try and get me hammered on Scotch in revenge from some innocent tequila fun I've had with a few of them. Hehehehehehehehe. :)

B|
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Why limit yourself to just one? Just like tequila, it all depends on your tastes at the time. My favorites are Islay scotches like Ardbeg or Laphroig, but not a lot of people like it that smoky. I also like Speyside single malts such as Aberlour, and Glen Moray. Talisker is a good Island, Oban is a good Highland, and you can never go wrong with a good Glenkinche as a lowland. Try them all and decide what you like best!

The Balvenie

Derek

To be specific The Balvenie Cask 191 is a very superior single malt Scotch whiskey.
Aged 50 years and it goes down like silk.
If you can find it, it will set you back about $1000 or more. There's supposedly better out there but this is my favorite.
I think I'll pour me one now.:P
And yes...that's one thousand.
For a good everyday easy to find Scotch it's hard to beat Jameson Gold.

ask turtle...he is a scotch man if I remember correctly, of course I could be wrong...........:S:S:S:S:S

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

If I remember right ( and I might have been a little intoxicated), Turtles Scotch tasting turned into a piercing demonstration:$:$>:(:S:D:o[:/]:|:ph34r::):(

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

If I remember right ( and I might have been a little intoxicated), Turtles Scotch tasting turned into a piercing demonstration:$:$>:(:S:D:o[:/]:|:ph34r::):(

why yes....yes it did:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

For a good everyday easy to find Scotch it's hard to beat Jameson Gold.

There is also a Scotch Jameson?

Favourite Scotch - Longmorn.

Not above splashing Jameson into coffee. If it's good enough for the Irish .. :)
Johan.
I am. I think.

Glenmorangie is very nice..

But I usually have to content myself with cheap stuff, of which Glenn Talloch is my definite favourite.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I just finished a wee bit o' Glenmorangie. Superb. I love scotch. Anybody have a favorite? I tend towards Glenmorangie, but enjoy many others.

Hmmm ... an former boyfriend with the same 3 letters in front of his name as you're getting was also a Glenmorangie enthusiast ... now I'm going to be looking for a 3rd data point. B|

Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Ever had this ?:

Cult whiskies: Port Ellen

Old, increasingly rare and made in small quantities, Scotch is the perfect cult item. For you non-whisky-geeks out there, one of the most popular styles of Scotch whisky comes from the Scottish island of Islay (pronounced ee-luh), known for its strong peaty flavor.

This is one of those love-it-or-hate-it whiskies (even for lovers of whisky), with tasting notes that usually go something like "iodine, tar, explosive salt, hospital gauze, like standing downwind from a fire on the beach."

A special sub-strata of whiskies are those that come from distilleries that have been mothballed, and Port Ellen was one of many that didn't make it through the whisky slump of the 1980s -- but happened to make really excellent whisky.

Supplies of Port Ellen are still being released, incrementally, but as they become rarer and rarer, Port Ellen becomes cultier and cultier. It's not uncommon to find bottles selling for well over $1,000.
(found on CNN.com today)

I just finished a wee bit o' Glenmorangie. Superb. I love scotch. Anybody have a favorite? I tend towards Glenmorangie, but enjoy many others. British friends have introduced me to some superb ones, but I don't remember many of the names. Bastards always try and get me hammered on Scotch in revenge from some innocent tequila fun I've had with a few of them. Hehehehehehehehe. :)

B|

Make mine a Fiddich please. Rocks
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have tried many single malts, but they are still not one of my favourites. However, there aren't many days that go by without having a glass of one of the JW products. I have them all lined up in my liquor cabinet: red, black, green, gold, blue and blue King George V.

Depending on my mood, I pick a colour....I find red label to be an outstanding every day scotch.

Cragganmore is my favorite so far, but I still have a lot of tasting to do.;) I tried a skotch called Sheep Dip one time that was decent but it was searved "neat" and I'm more of an on the rocks with a spash of water kinda guy.

Its interesting to me how the same skotch can taste different with a little water, like it almost opens it up and you can taste all the different layers better.

Whatever you do though... don't mix it with soda, or for God's sake coffee! Irish whiskey and coffe perhaps, but not skotch.

If we've got a poll on skotch we need another thread about cigars. I'm at work right now, but maybe I'll start that one later.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

B|

The Macallan 18 year (I tried the 25 once and it was fine, but I wouldn't pay for it), Balvenie 21 year old, Lagavulin 16 year, Talisker 20 year, are all tasty but different.