The111

Fake skydiver of the day

So we've all met fake skydivers at the bar or elsewhere. Well today, for the first time, I met one at work. A guy I've worked with for a while now, and the dialogue is a pretty good one.

He comes by my desk and notices the wallpaper I have with a wingsuit photo I took (this one).

Him: "Wow, that's a cool picture."

Me: "Thanks, I took the photo."

Him: "Yeh, I have a jacket like that at home. It has wings so you can fly. Yeh, skydiving is something I do on the weekends."

Me: "Really? Me too. What kind of wingsuit do you have?"

Him: "Not sure, I'd have to go home and check in my closet. It's been a year since I used it. I stopped jumping a year ago because my chute tore up."

Me: "What happened?"

Him: "Well, they took me up to about 25,000ft and we got out with our wingsuits on. We were flying around and throwing a football back and forth, but when I went to use my chute somebody threw something metal to me and it went into the chute and cut it."

Me: "How many jumps do you have?"

Him: "2k, 3k."

Me: "So you have 3000 jumps but you stopped because your main blew up?"

Him: "Well, it was $8000 and I didn't want to buy another one. Plus I had to use my backup chute and I really hurt my feet landing it. I was coming down at like 15 ft/sec for sure."

Me: "You paid $8000 for a main? What was it?"

Him: "I don't know, I bought it in France on a whim. While I was out there BASE jumping. And I used the chute for that too."

Me: "What did you jump before that canopy?"

Him: "I dunno, I always just rented gear from the dropzone."

Me: "You rented gear for 3000 jumps? Wow. How big was your main?"

Him: "About 25 feet."

Me: "So you have that wingsuit at home and you're going to let me know what it is, right?"

Him: "Yes."

Me: "Hey, I have a friend about the same build as you and he's been looking for a used wingsuit. Could you bring it in tomorrow so I can take a look at it?"

Him: "Oh, it's at my other house in another city. I'll check next time I go back there."

I was holding back so hard. I can't believe he just kept digging himself deeper rather than owning up. Every day I see this guy for the rest of my life, I'm going to ask him another question just to see what kind of response he comes up with. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey, if you really have a friend that wants a wingsuit I have one for sale. It has little slits in it for added speed. Maybe you've seen it. Have you see the movie Gypsy Moths? I used it when I did all the stunts for that movie. I gotta tell you though, it's a little scuffed up. That landing scene at the end, yeah, really banged me up. Limped for like a whole week.;)

It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

:D Yea I've run into a few myself. Thats funny on the 3,000 jumps and he rented gear..:D:D Damn that has got to be expensive. Not to mention the 25,000 ft exit in a birdman suit. He must of held his breath and its gotta be cold as Hell. So you think he will finally give in or maybe come up with some new stuff. Just curious
The glass is half full or half empty doesn't matter. Let go and have the Lord guide your path. He will take care of it all.

Not to mention the 25,000 ft exit in a birdman suit. He must of held his breath and its gotta be cold as Hell.

Actually many of the wingsuit pilots I know have done 23k exits. I passed them up because it just sounded exhausting to me.

So you think he will finally give in or maybe come up with some new stuff. Just curious

Well after running the story by another friend in the office I find out he tells all sorts of incredible stories, such as being an FBI agent at 14 years old as part of a plea bargain to keep himself out of jail for hacking into the DOD mainframe accidentally. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Well after running the story by another friend in the office I find out he tells all sorts of incredible stories, such as being an FBI agent at 14 years old as part of a plea bargain to keep himself out of jail for hacking into the DOD mainframe accidentally. :D

Does he have mental health issues? Or just a wanker?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That guy sounds like my friend Chauncy *RIP* . She used to be the best fabricater of stories, sometimes I couldn't tell if she was telling the truth, or making it up .. including a tandem skydive. I'm pretty sure she made it up, but she had some details right on the nail.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

The next time you see him, you should tell him you have a main you could sell him cheap so he can get back into skydiving. Ask him how $4000 sounds. :D:D

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

One thing that I have learned about liars of all flavors - don't educate them.

If a troll gets on the forums and starts spewing trash, it is easy to bust them. But people tell them how they know they are fake, and that just gets us better educated trolls.

The same goes for liars in real life. If you tell them how you know that they are lying, then they become better liars.