warpedskydiver

Get well soon DSE!

the ICU sequel (like most sequels) wasn't as dramatic as the original vist was. Blood clots and monstrous hematoma on my butt (think of it as a third butt cheek) all are not good things...So I needed to go back in because the mix of bad stuff" wasn't quite tasty.
Then I became very tired, frustrated, and decided to leave the ICU on my own. Didn't fly so well....But now back in rehab, and actually had my first shower on a chair, so I guess it'll all be good. Now if I could get my groin to not look like a scene from "hellboy" I'd probably be a little happier.
Thanks again for the amazing support, gang!

edit-Hey Krip, here's a photo for you

Get well soon Douglas.

Just remember what I said, keep an eye on the clearing at the edge and move closer carefully.

the ICU sequel (like most sequels) wasn't as dramatic as the original vist was. Blood clots and monstrous hematoma on my butt (think of it as a third butt cheek) all are not good things...So I needed to go back in because the mix of bad stuff" wasn't quite tasty.
Then I became very tired, frustrated, and decided to leave the ICU on my own. Didn't fly so well....But now back in rehab, and actually had my first shower on a chair, so I guess it'll all be good. Now if I could get my groin to not look like a scene from "hellboy" I'd probably be a little happier.
Thanks again for the amazing support, gang!

edit-Hey Krip, here's a photo for you

What is the chain thing that seems to be attached to the hardware?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Damn.... that has to be the biggest screw I've ever seen across the hips. Is that a washer at the head of it? :S

That's definitely one to frame and hang on the wall of fame, or shame... :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Everytime you post a picture, I'm afraid it's going to be one of your big balls!

And that's why you keep opening them, right? :)

I think that large round thing at the lower left of the x-ray might be the big ball (singular)B|.

Big attaboy to spot for carrying on the tradition of posting pics of his injury.:)

If the metal (bling bling) on the xray look industrial size I can't imagine what the pain was likeB|

Spot your the manB|
One Jump Wonder

I think that large round thing at the lower left of the x-ray might be the big ball (singular)

Indeed it is....:$
the screws are also industrial, complete with serial numbers on each. I didn't know they serialize all this stuff so that if you burn up in a fire (or other "oops") then they'll know who you are.

Pain is industrial sized, and the bad news keeps on a' comin....Been experiencing some nasty hurt in the left leg even though it's not load-bearing. Begged for an Xray even though they felt the CAT scan had caught everything. Turns out my left talus is broken, too.
At the same time, I'm grateful to be breathing, grateful for the lifeflight crew, and the friends that help keep it going. Very strange to receive cards from people I've never met, and it makes me tear up a bit each time.
Sargeant Miller (Millertime) was awesome to have there the night I needed to be transported. The medical staff was baffled about how to move me without putting me on a backboard and then shoveling me over to another bed device. I asked if he had any ideas, and he said he did. One of the nurses was very condescending with him, and referred to him with the rank of Airman. When he told her he was a sargeant and explained what he does, she STFU and became very respectful. Thanks to Millertime, they were able to move me from one bed to another, including all cables, IV, aircompression mattress system, everything... in one very smooth movement. I owe you one, Mike! Due to bedsores and other assorted oddities, I've grown a hematoma that makes it look like I've got a third ass cheek. I've pondered the thought that I might now be twice the asshole I was before.

wow, Spot... you are soo... big... down there... :P:P

I've pondered the thought that I might now be twice the asshole I was before.

you know that might be true... cause you were never an asshole.. so, saying that is like multiplying 2*0... you still get 0 :)
love ya, man. we're all thinking about you on every flock.

I think that large round thing at the lower left of the x-ray might be the big ball (singular)

the screws are also industrial, complete with serial numbers on each. I didn't know they serialize all this stuff so that if you burn up in a fire (or other "oops") then they'll know who you are.

Pain is industrial sized, and the bad news keeps on a' comin....Been experiencing some nasty hurt in the left leg even though it's not load-bearing. Begged for an Xray even though they felt the CAT scan had caught everything. Turns out my left talus is broken, too.
At the same time, I'm grateful to be breathing, grateful for the lifeflight crew, and the friends that help keep it going. Very strange to receive cards from people I've never met, and it makes me tear up a bit each time.
Sargeant Miller (Millertime) was awesome to have there the night I needed to be transported. The medical staff was baffled about how to move me without putting me on a backboard and then shoveling me over to another bed device. I asked if he had any ideas, and he said he did. One of the nurses was very condescending with him, and referred to him with the rank of Airman. When he told her he was a sargeant and explained what he does, she STFU and became very respectful. Thanks to Millertime, they were able to move me from one bed to another, including all cables, IV, aircompression mattress system, everything... in one very smooth movement. I owe you one, Mike! Due to bedsores and other assorted oddities, I've grown a hematoma that makes it look like I've got a third ass cheek. I've pondered the thought that I might now be twice the asshole I was before.

wow.. It sounds like you have a lot of pain. Hope the pain killers work.
How are you passing the time?
Do you want a coloring book and crayons?

One of the major milestones of recovery, some other friends have told me, is the first post-injury BM.
When it happened it was a big celebration. It was almost like party time.
Here's hoping you are eating well and have to take a crap.
They won't release you to a convalescence home until that happens.

Good luck with your recovery.
I hope it goes fast and is not too painful.

blue skies

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

One of the nurses was very condescending with him, and referred to him with the rank of Airman. When he told her he was a sargeant and explained what he does, she STFU and became very respectful.

Yeah she was kind of a bitch wasn't she. My guess is she hadn't had her 5th....no 6th meal and was probably pretty hungry I imagine.:o:ph34r::ph34r: But moving you wasn't all that hard, well except when you made that comment about all the hot nurses mid-transport:D.

Hope you get better soon.

Ps. If I were you I would take a pic of that 3rd ass cheek and post it in Billy Vance's "Sick and twisted and NSFW photo attachment thread". I'm pretty sure you have a camera laying around somewhere.
Muff #5048

One of the nurses was very condescending with him, and referred to him with the rank of Airman. When he told her he was a sargeant and explained what he does, she STFU and became very respectful.

Yeah she was kind of a bitch wasn't she. My guess is she hadn't had her 5th....no 6th meal and was probably pretty hungry I imagine.:o:ph34r::ph34r: But moving you wasn't all that hard, well except when you made that comment about all the hot nurses mid-transport:D.

Ps. If I were you I would take a pic of that 3rd ass cheek and post it in Billy Vance's "Sick and twisted and NSFW photo attachment thread". I'm pretty sure you have a camera laying around somewhere.

Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . . Post the pic . . .

Oh my!!! Please, Spot. Post it quick..... before turtle explodes or something.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

On a side note.. Lurch.. your avatar is tits up!

Doug doesnt like AVIs !!

Whats uP Brother Don dude?

Get well Doug! OBTW... the nickname "FRANKENASS" has already been taken, and if you didnt plan on dieting... TOO BAD! your on one now!! ;P

Douglas,

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Better heal quick before we all come over for your Boogie. ;)
Sure don't want you to miss out on all the action.
But at this point it probably feells good just to be in the action.

I will keep great thoughts for you to have a full recovery and enhanced bionics after all this.

Great job at keeping your spirits up. I'm sure it is nowhere near as much fun as you make it sound.

============
Now post the pics!!!
============

Bob

Working to be the last flyer on a birdman suit. ;-)
Who also flies a tony suit.

you know sweetie....if you wanted a sponge bath all you had to do was ask ====== i am well versed in these areas ya know? ;););)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

you know sweetie....if you wanted a sponge bath all you had to do was ask ====== i am well versed in these areas ya know? ;););)

Maybe I could get a two-fer-one? Doc can come help fix my ACL and you can sponge bathe me. I'll take a spongebath from you any day ;)
Very happy to have been released to home today. They tell me the therapy will be worse at home, and I have to be tested at home each day for Coumadin levels[:/] but at least I'm in my own bed and get to choose the babysitters I have at night. I'm *tremendously* grateful to my skydiver friends that spent every night with me in ICU and then in Critical care, and those few nights in the rehab center. I'm lucky in more ways than I care to count. Can't wait to get back into the sky, but it'll be a while. Thank you all again for the encouraging PM's, posts, cards, etc. I'm overwhelmed when I consider how few people in this sport actually know me, but have taken the time out to offer encouragement. Jerry Baumchen takes the cake with the best card of all. Thanks, Jerry.