warpedskydiver

Get well soon DSE!

Jerry Baumchen takes the cake with the best card of all. Thanks, Jerry.

Okay, take a photo of that when you get a chance. And I like the 2nd photo you posted much more than the first. Welcome home - now the real healing can begin!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

you know sweetie....if you wanted a sponge bath all you had to do was ask ====== i am well versed in these areas ya know? ;););)

Maybe I could get a two-fer-one? Doc can come help fix my ACL and you can sponge bathe me. I'll take a spongebath from you any day ;)
Very happy to have been released to home today. They tell me the therapy will be worse at home, and I have to be tested at home each day for Coumadin levels[:/] but at least I'm in my own bed and get to choose the babysitters I have at night. I'm *tremendously* grateful to my skydiver friends that spent every night with me in ICU and then in Critical care, and those few nights in the rehab center. I'm lucky in more ways than I care to count. Can't wait to get back into the sky, but it'll be a while. Thank you all again for the encouraging PM's, posts, cards, etc. I'm overwhelmed when I consider how few people in this sport actually know me, but have taken the time out to offer encouragement. Jerry Baumchen takes the cake with the best card of all. Thanks, Jerry.

The therapy is tough - I think I was doing 2-3 hours of therapy a day to get back.....that was just with the ACL/MCL/Lat Meniscus. But I am kind of an honery bitch too --- :D:D:D;
You are making great progress Spot; Keep hanging in there -you have people who have your back and are cheering you on. ;) Being at home in your own environment and being able to sleep in your own bed are great comforts and you will rest better.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Hey Spot,

I think you would be much happier with Ladydyver's :Psponge bath than you would be with my ACL repair. It was nice to see the pic of you leaving the hospital. You are one tough SOB - what friggin tribe are you from that makes em that tough!!;)

Heal well and soon,

Doc

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Like they say...."Custer got Siouxed." He was a fasionable guy, because he wore and Arrow shirt.:P

Apparently I'm not tough enough. Been having severe pains in my left ankle all week, finally got the doctor to agree to a CT scan vs just Xray....Talus is confirmed as broken. I've been walking/doing PT on a broken ankle for 4 days now. Neither leg is load-bearing anymore.
Back to surgury on Friday for the talus to be pinned.
This shit is depressing.[:/]

I'll take the spongebath now, please?

Like they say...."Custer got Siouxed." He was a fasionable guy, because he wore and Arrow shirt.:P

Apparently I'm not tough enough. Been having severe pains in my left ankle all week, finally got the doctor to agree to a CT scan vs just Xray....Talus is confirmed as broken. I've been walking/doing PT on a broken ankle for 4 days now. Neither leg is load-bearing anymore.
Back to surgury on Friday for the talus to be pinned.
This shit is depressing.[:/]

I'll take the spongebath now, please?

geez.....the hits just keep coming...but knowing you i know that this won't slow you down much. Many hugs my friend and hopefully you will continue to find inspiration. Are they going to do surgery to repair the ACL as well or will that be happening later?
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Are they going to do surgery to repair the ACL as well or will that be happening later?

The ortho won't take on the ACL until I have at least one leg to stand on. So, I'm looking at around 12-15 weeks before I'll get a new ACL.
From what I understand, ACL repair takes around 6-8 weeks to be close to 'normal' functioning?
Anybody know of a close to death track star? I'll take his/hers....:|

Anybody know of a close to death track star? I'll take his/hers....

Just google "torn ACL in sports medicine" and that should give you an idea.

For all the folks wondering, I just talked to Spot and he informed me of the news about the broken talus. Ill try to clear something up here......The regular diagnostic imaging x-ray didnt see much so the fx must not be 'that' displaced. Secondly, our friend needs the support and vibes now more than ever. Spot is feeling like "the bad news just keeps coming". Il told him on the phone just a while ago that I was just happy he could talk to me and post to his friends here.

No doubt he has a long road to recovery but, knowing him he'll want to do it in a Ferrari. All encouraging words are very well recieved and its my beliefe that encouragement from fiends help in the recovery proccess.

Take care Spot,

-Mike
Muff #5048

Anybody know of a close to death track star? I'll take his/hers....

Ya just missed Ed McMahon's...I hear he was pretty good at runnin' into various establishments for an adult beverage. :ph34r:

Just lemme know when yer ready... I got some friends back in Chicago that can arrange any donor you'd like.
;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I hear ya on the legs.

Yesterday Gomei called me Frankenstein.

I am now officially fucked.

Two leg braces and a torn Achilles that does not want to heal right, a strained Achilles on opposite leg.

I have Plantar's fasciitis pretty bad too.:|

At least my pelvis and balls are ok though.

Get well soon!

Come hang out at Summerfest, well I guess you have no choice but to HANG out.:P

The good news is my new Chief of Ortho is a former Demo Jumper and 82nd AB guy.B|

Seems to have more interest in my welfare than the last guy.

and the fun just continues...The talus is not only fractured (needs screws to put it back together) but so is the fib where it joins the femur, with compression damage to the peroneal nerve and peroneous brevis. I don't know half of what that means, but it means more surgery. Wanna come assist, Sargeant? :)Stupid hurts.

Very happy to have been released to home today.

So I saw the attached pictures. I can understand someone taking a picture of you on the way out of the hospital, but who took that picture of you being wheeled out of the helicopter on the way in?

You are probably going to be the most thoroughly documented injured skydiver we have ever seen.

A skydiver works across the street from the hospital was called and told to be on the look out for me coming in. That was a lucky break. The rest are by design.
Interested in seeing a photo of a scrotum as big as a head?:D