warpedskydiver

Get well soon DSE!

Douglas I concur, I did that on my own at the Ft. Ord swimming pool and in the water at Carmel while wearing a harness tied to my friends truck.(Under tow)

I eventually got better and started doing the dunes with the rest of my team.

It was nice having local actresses leave their head shots w/ phone numbers on the windshield of my carB|

Those were the days...:)

I feel like an old fart jogging in the water, and am the youngest person in the pool by half.

So... just wondering.... in that picture, which one are you? :D:D:D

Glad that you are doing well!! And I hope hydrotherapy really helps; I know that it helped me!!

this is me with my new waterproof iPod cover, and damn, is it AWESOME!
Listening to AC/DC, Hinder, Rob Thomas, and Alterbridge while "speed walking" is wonderful. And tonight I had the pool all to myself.

LTDiver was one of those to first suggest water therapy, and for the RDS/CRPS, it's the greatest thing we've found. Nerve blocks both failed, but this works!

this is me with my new waterproof iPod cover, and damn, is it AWESOME!
Listening to AC/DC, Hinder, Rob Thomas, and Alterbridge while "speed walking" is wonderful. And tonight I had the pool all to myself.

LTDiver was one of those to first suggest water therapy, and for the RDS/CRPS, it's the greatest thing we've found. Nerve blocks both failed, but this works!

How's your Ball doing?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

figured for giggles I'd post a bit of an update.
I'm finished with all surgeries; ACL/MCL repaired, I'm now three ethnicities. :P
Physical therapy is going, albeit a challenge that I've never had to meet in my life. Lying in bed for 3 months has left me pretty weak and between the 26lbs I've lost and the many inches in my legs now gone, it's a challenge just to walk.
John and Valinda Mitchell visited my home yesterday, and it was the first day in 3 months where the majority of the day wasn't spent in bed immediately after therapy (I had in-home therapy for 2 months).
They kept me walking around the room and it proved that while I have zero stamina, I could at least be semi-normal.
Today was my second day where I spent zero time in bed during the daylight hours, and I was privileged enough to hang with these two at my home DZ. What a blast.

My doctors and therapist tell me that my knee is roughly 6 weeks ahead of schedule. Why, I don't know. I do know the cards, PM's, phone calls, visits, and general support have really helped me keep my spirits up and my motivations strong.
Thanks to all of you that have offered support in one way or another. I'm very excited to be a biped again as of 4 days ago, and hope I'm never a tripod, quad-pod, or wheeled animal ever again. I'll be wearing a knee brace for a while til the ACL/MCL grow into strength, so if you haven't met me, I'm the guy with the Blue/Yellow knee machine.
John and Valinda, thank you so much for making the past two days the best I've had since June 8.
For the first time in over three months, I feel terrific.

edited to add for Turtle; Thanks for asking after my "ball," which has now returned to plural. :P

Congratulations Brother Spot!
Hey, I had a few words with the Apple people and got em to agree to leave out the more hazardous programming in the next version of the ipod, so if your next one wakes up and attacks you, its a factory defect, not a feature, and will be covered under warranty. Your old ones can still be used for self defense and thrown at people who annoy you, similar to my Dire Ninja Attack Jacket, although much like the jacket, friend-or-foe targeting can still be problematic and it is suggested that you don't run new and old pods on the same laptop due to the possibility of firmware transcription errors rendering your next-gen pod attack-prone like the previous ones. Although as a practical workaround, I'd guess the waterproof jacket is probably pretty effective at rendering your current pod harmless.
Bipedalism: Its for your future!
*ducks flying ipod and flees the forum*
:)-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.