JohnnyMarko

Do experienced jumpers hate new jumpers?

It's a simple question...most of you old turds are assholes to new people on here

I find most skydivers to be mirrors of whoever is talking to them. Some are amplifiers turned up to 11.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It's a simple question...most of you old turds are assholes to new people on here

It depends on whether you are a hot female.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

dont get me wrong, I admire anyone with experience, but when a newbie asks a question (most of which are stupid) they get attacked...were you guys students at once? or do you enter the sport with 1500 jumps?

No.
I was born prematurely, so I entered with only a 1000 jumps.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ha...I guess I shouldn't expect much from people on the internet...my day job is being an asshole, but unfortunately I don't get to do that on here because I'm at the bottom of the Totem pole

Suck it up cup cake, you n00bs have it EASY!

Back in the day we had to qualify for an A license without using a parachute! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Back in the day we had to qualify for an A license without using a parachute! :ph34r:

Uh.oh;
Twardo's here.
Now we're going to hear yet again how tough it was getting his rigger's ticket, training under Leonardo da Vinci.:|

ha...I guess I shouldn't expect much from people on the internet.

Absolutely right ... Just for a different reason than you might think.

my day job is being an asshole, but unfortunately I don't get to do that on here because I'm at the bottom of the Totem pole

You can be an asshole anywhere (including here), regardless of experience ... Look at me "Dickhead" ... B|B|B|
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Some may think they are a big fish in their small pond. But it is a big ocean out there with all sorts of talent. What is an experienced jumper? You will probably find "so called" experienced jumpers with egos somewhere in the 200-1000 jump range. Most (not all) experienced jumpers who have more than 1000 jumps have figured it out by then and you will get much less (if any) ego from them. Some of the world class ultra experienced jumpers out there have no ego whatsoever. Travel around to some of the larger full time DZs and you will see this.

Patience ... it is not a sprint. Get out there, do some jumps, gain experience, have fun, make friends, stay alive and never forget to buy beer for your firsts. Haha ... you will find the experience people open up quicker when they have a beer in one hand.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

dont get me wrong, I admire anyone with experience, but when a newbie asks a question (most of which are stupid) they get attacked...were you guys students at once? or do you enter the sport with 1500 jumps?

*** I think you're selling yourself short. Most newbie questions aren't stupid, all of them are. I don't think newbs should be allowed to post here until they at least 500 jumps and 3 cutaways. Oh, and yes, I hate you.
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

I think it has more to do with the fact that many "newbies" ask questions that have already been asked 64654546354 times instead of using the search function, or instead of going to their instructor for answers... Oh and its the internet... Being an asshole is more fun on the internet ;):P

Get out there, do some jumps, gain experience, have fun, make friends, stay alive and never forget to buy beer for your firsts. Haha ... you will find the experience people open up quicker when they have a beer in one hand.

+1 you obviously need to buy more beer!
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Uh.oh;
Twardo's here.
Now we're going to hear yet again how tough it was getting his rigger's ticket, training under Leonardo da Vinci.:|

You try it with a guy that writes backwards! :S:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No but we hate to see new jumpers:

Get hurt or die.
Hurt others or cause pain or death.
Quit the sport for the wrong reasons.
Make bad decisions.
Being a wuss wad.
Not ask questions.
Not listen to good advice.

Sugar coating shit won't do a new jumper any good.
Tough love is where it's at here because if you're going to be stupid, you better be tough....and jumping out of planes for the hell..and heaven of it really isn't the smartest thing to do.

Jumping will change your life. It's up to you to make sure the changes are for the better.

Like they say at the beach: Take only pictures and leave only footprints.

Oh yea, and I'm an asshole whenever I feel like it. Not just to new jumpers.:P

Now go buy some beer and open your ears.

cup cake

I'm a dude, thats weird

"Cup cake" is a term that a drill sergeant would stereotypically use while hurling insults at you.

Now suck it up, princess!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am