jclalor

Dating Co-Workers is ...

First off, presuming neither one is positioned above or below (supervisory wise). That is pure recipe for disaster, and prohibited at many places for good reason.

It can be good or it can be horrific. There were a number of couples that met at a place I used to work. Including the shift supervisor and a team leader.
That one actually created a lot of difficulty because the team leader was a bit of a bitch, and having the supervisor as her husband created the appearance (and reality) of favoritism towards her.
The others seemed to work out well. In many cases, either one or the other ended up moving on to a different job after a few years and it was no longer a "work relationship." I know one or two moved on to different jobs so that they wouldn't be working together.

The big question is "What happens if we break up?" If both of you are mature and reasonable enough to be able to work in the same place after it goes bad, then it can be fine.

If she/he turns out to be a "Bunny Boiler"...

It can get very, very ugly.

The fun part about that is that it's very difficult to spot the Bunny Boilers (and they can be female and male) at the beginning.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

jclalor

Mostly a bad idea or a good idea?

its' not a such a bad idea..i dated this one chick from work for awhile...i wouldn't call it dated actually, we were in it just for the sex (it was mutually understood). It was fun, we'd do it during lunch break (go to our favorite stair well for a quickie), or in the parking lot, or after work hours in a cube or office. As long as it is mutually understood that we were in it just for the fun of it instead of being emotionally attached then it was all good because the expectations were managed.

Former boss and fellow co-worker no longer work here.
Apparently doing it on the conference table is frowned upon.
Especially when she's his rather attractive supervisor.

Based on the HR investigation results, we STILL will not use any ink pen on the table when we walk in. Bring one or write nothing.
Weird what has been done to some office supplies.

People are freaks.
:D:D:D

jclalor

Did it when I was a lifeguard, not sure if I'd do it in a "real" job setting.

Even then it got awkward when I got promoted to head lifeguard and then to manager because I had to treat her worse than anyone else, if anything.
cavete terrae.

jclalor

MOSTLY a horrible idea. When you're young and dumb and have nothing to lose in a minimum wage job, sure, go for it. As soon as you have something to lose, it's a horrible idea.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

GooniesKid

***Mostly a bad idea or a good idea?

its' not a such a bad idea..i dated this one chick from work for awhile...i wouldn't call it dated actually, we were in it just for the sex (it was mutually understood). It was fun, we'd do it during lunch break (go to our favorite stair well for a quickie), or in the parking lot, or after work hours in a cube or office. As long as it is mutually understood that we were in it just for the fun of it instead of being emotionally attached then it was all good because the expectations were managed.

Just an observation but at some point the head on top of your shoulders has to take over in your life.

Don't let that little head lead you into a major financial setback.

I'm still trying to figure out why the woman described in the poll options only has one breast...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

JohnMitchell

***I'm still trying to figure out why the woman described in the poll options only has one breast...

:D:D

Lunch hour quickie, half the clothes still on?

Actually happened around these parts. Someone noticed a couple going at it in the car across the street, a bit later they saw both of them getting out of the car and walking back to work. :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message